• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke and Cowboys in trouble again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i mean devin bush you knew we would hype, diontae johnson was the 3rd round draft suprise, that as people looked at more though well maybe this isnt a reach. Maybe hes an AB clone with clean routes. Hes been very good.
Ola Odeniyi made some noise at camp last year at LB. Hes been a terror, the talk of camp, and every radio show. Hes made this team, and is making bud dupree expendable after this year.
Terrell edmunds played the 6th most defensive snaps in the nfl last year as a rookie. He looks amazing this year.
Cam sutton has looked very good at CB and we have no CB"s sooooooo. BJ finney is having a monster camp at guard
I meant on Dallas these young WRs are hyped. I'm sure it's partly because our WRs have stunk but we have been hoping so hard for some speed and ability at the position that we as Cowboy fans cling to the hope that these young guys will be the answer every year. Plus, in general, the mini-camps are perfect for these speed guys to show off as they are just running around with no equipment or contact and just showing off their athletic ability. They aren't asked to block or catch in traffic or anything

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant on Dallas these young WRs are hyped. I'm sure it's partly because our WRs have stunk but we have been hoping so hard for some speed and ability at the position that we as Cowboy fans cling to the hope that these young guys will be the answer every year. Plus, in general, the mini-camps are perfect for these speed guys to show off as they are just running around with no equipment or contact and just showing off their athletic ability. They aren't asked to block or catch in traffic or anything
yeah i got yah, totally agree.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't miss it at all. Did you read what I wrote? I addressed both the 5th year option and that clause.

The odds of that clause being meant to include the 5th year option for 1st round rookie contracts is almost nil. Would you refer to a 5th year option as a collectively bargained benefit? That doesn't really make sense

Since the CBA says it must be included and the CBA determines what its value is, I see the option as a CBA benefit.

The NFLPA guide with agents states agents do not get paid for such benefits.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now do agents do any work on the 5th year option?

No but I’m sure the work for them during the 5th year. But, NO, they don’t have to negotiate the monies for year 5.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wrote a lot and bolded OPTION, but just like PE, you missed this.

the term compensation shall not include any “honor” incentive bonuses (e.g., ALL PRO, PRO BOWL, Rookie of the Year), or any collectively bargained benefits or other payments provided for in the player’s individual contract.

Therefore, with the 5th year option being mandatory per the CBA and not negotiable by the player or agent said player cannot collect money on it.

He did address it. He said CBA benefits are not his salary.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the CBA says it must be included and the CBA determines what its value is, I see the option as a CBA benefit.

The NFLPA guide with agents states agents do not get paid for such benefits.

Benefits is not salary. I’m not trying to hype Jarntt up because he agrees with me but he laid it out so simply I’m not sure how you don’t understand.
Yes, agents don’t get paid for CBA benefits.
No, benefits are not salary. They are benefits

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I’m sure the work for them during the 5th year. But, NO, they don’t have to negotiate the monies for year 5.
Yes during the 4th and 5th year they are working towards a new contract, on the new contract they will get compensation.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benefits is not salary. I’m not trying to hype Jarntt up because he agrees with me but he laid it out so simply I’m not sure how you don’t understand.
Yes, agents don’t get paid for CBA benefits.
No, benefits are not salary. They are benefits
I don't care how Jarntt laid it out.

The CBA fully dictates the the option, and the NFLPA Agent guide says agents do not get paid for CBA negotiated benefits.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes during the 4th and 5th year they are working towards a new contract, on the new contract they will get compensation.

And I think Jarntt explained it to you very succinctly that they get paid for the 5th year option too.
Just like I figured out last night and Jarntt confirmed today CBA benefits are not salary.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how Jarntt laid it out.

The CBA fully dictates the the option, and the NFLPA Agent guide says agents do not get paid for CBA negotiated benefits.

Yes, they don’t get paid for CBA benefits. And we are both telling you CBA benefits are things like pension plans, life insurance.
The wording is to let agents know they aren’t entitled to CBA benefits. Benefits are not salary.
Not trying to argue or be disrespectful but you’re hangimg from a string and we both know you’ll never admit you are wrong.
You are going to pretend benefits are salary, which they are not and we both tried to tell you this

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT
any chance you guys could just fucking agree to disagree??

Are you kidding me? Never. We will run this to 500 pages before we do that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT
any chance you guys could just fucking agree to disagree??

Bad mood again?

@Manster7588 you know another reason I know I’m right...
Because if there was the slightest chance I was wrong everyone would be jumping into this thread and letting me know how wrong I am. But sshhhhhh! Listen... crickets.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deeper reading I see agents do not get paid for Practice Squad contracts unless they negotiate money above the league set amount, and then they only get paid for the amount above the league set number.
Example if a player signs for $1,000.00 above the CBA number the agent gets 1.5 percent of the $1,000.00 so $15.00

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad mood again?

Because if there was the slightest chance I was wrong everyone would be jumping into this thread and letting me know how wrong I am. But sshhhhhh! Listen... crickets.
everybody already made their points. Still no one knows for sure. No point spinning our wheels.
Funny though. Even Jarntt said it is of his opinion, (like the rest of us) yet you make that as you are right LOL

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad mood again?

Nope, you're wrong.
I know you're wrong because it's you.

And stop giving yourself too much credit with this everyone nonsense.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody already made their points. Still no one knows for sure. No point spinning our wheels.
Funny though. Even Jarntt said it is of his opinion, (like the rest of us) yet you make that as you are right LOL

Nah, I said I was at 50-50 then at 98-2. The “rest of us” are you and Manster. I know you said “opinion”. But Manster sure as hell hasn’t. And there a 3 certainties in this world...
1. Taxes
2. Death
3. Manster NEVER saying he’s wrong

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin again chuckles. You remain a circus act to just about everyone

Yes, I’m a circus act. Have been for a long time. But honestly you’re a miserable fuck.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you're wrong.
I know you're wrong because it's you.

And stop giving yourself too much credit with this everyone nonsense.

Benefits are not salary. I know that’s all you have left of your argument that’s going up in flames and you will hold on to this incorrect opinion til the day you die. But CBA negotiated benefits are things like pensions and life insurance and not players salary.

Go google it. Last night I was 50-50 thinking there’s a good chance you were right. Then I googled CBA negotiated benefits and realized you were wrong.