• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Smith Accuses Tom Herman of Cheating on his Wife; Still Butthurt about being Called Out

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, none of these players had any reason to say anything at all. If it happened, why wouldn't they just stay quiet? Why would there have been this enormous flooding of players saying it's bullshit? Not only that - it's 2018, dude. Not a single negative thing would happen to a black college athlete if he supported a story of a coach using a racial slur. On top of that, what about the former players who came out? There's absolutely nothing negative that could happen to them, yet tons of them came out and said this is bullshit.

On top of that, they aren't speaking out against their team. Smith has been gone for months now.

It is the same as the guys from Michigan who spoke up and said nothing happened and it is all a lie with Lewan.
The reason they speak up. Because the next time they are interviewed, they will be asked about it anyways. So they are answering the question in a controlled environment before another reporter asks it.
The other reason they speak up — it is their school and their football team. Does negative press hurt them individually? No. But it sure as hell hurts the school who is trying to bring in elite African American athletes. So OF COURSE they are going to back the school and the football staff. Same reason former athletes of the program are speaking up. This is their alma mater being raked over the coals in the media.

Does it mean Grimes Dad is telling the truth? No. Does it mean the athletes are telling the truth? Also no.

With Grimes Dad though — his story could EASILY be proven. Son says he hasn’t talked to him — Grimes Dad said he called the day of the incident (easy to prove with phone records). Grimes Dad said he booked the flight and talked to his son again, and Trevon said 3 days isn’t good enough, so he changed the flight to that day (easily proven with phone records and flight records)

The fact the article also quotes trevon’s former coach and that coach gave Grimes Dad a ride from Indy to Columbus makes the story even more believable, because if you were making us a story, why in the world would you add a 3rd party who lives in a completely different state?

My guess is — the story has many truths and many embellishments. The actual truth is somewhere in the middle.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview this afternoon on 610 WTVN, McMurphy said "If Urban Meyer was no longer the coach at Ohio State, I wouldn't have reported this."

Would that be because it has something to do with Urban Meyer?

Just a wild guess here

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying it's more believable that a convicted felon and an old friend of his are telling the truth than dozens of current and former players with no criminal records? You're telling me it's more likely that a large group of young black men would lie about a disgraced former white coach using the "N" word in this day and age?

Finally - and you've yet to acknowledge it - why would Trevon himself be openly liking tons of Twitter posts calling McMurphy out for being full of shit? That makes sense to you? If this happened to him - a player who no longer has any ties to the university and would face absolutely no negative consequences whatsoever - why would he respond like this?

With Trevon — as I said, I’d guess to get the full release from OSU, he may have agreed to a NDA. That’s just a guess on my part, as it takes ALOT to get a full release and be allowed to play the next year. Too many coincidences.

And as I just said — isn’t Trevon’s mom the one who as a nurse stole thousands and thousands of dollars from an elderly couple? Also — another easy way to confirm the dad’s story — he said his wife called him too after the incident. Can easily check phone records to verify it, as she never called him.

Lastly — in regards to former players speaking up. Think about how crazy you defend anything that has to do with OSU. Now multiply that by 100 and that is how strongly former players feel about the OSU program, as they literally gave their blood, sweat and tears to help build it into what it has become. THAT is why they will back OSU no matter what.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same as the guys from Michigan who spoke up and said nothing happened and it is all a lie with Lewan.
The reason they speak up. Because the next time they are interviewed, they will be asked about it anyways. So they are answering the question in a controlled environment before another reporter asks it.
The other reason they speak up — it is their school and their football team. Does negative press hurt them individually? No. But it sure as hell hurts the school who is trying to bring in elite African American athletes. So OF COURSE they are going to back the school and the football staff. Same reason former athletes of the program are speaking up. This is their alma mater being raked over the coals in the media.

Does it mean Grimes Dad is telling the truth? No. Does it mean the athletes are telling the truth? Also no.

With Grimes Dad though — his story could EASILY be proven. Son says he hasn’t talked to him — Grimes Dad said he called the day of the incident (easy to prove with phone records). Grimes Dad said he booked the flight and talked to his son again, and Trevon said 3 days isn’t good enough, so he changed the flight to that day (easily proven with phone records and flight records)

The fact the article also quotes trevon’s former coach and that coach gave Grimes Dad a ride from Indy to Columbus makes the story even more believable, because if you were making us a story, why in the world would you add a 3rd party who lives in a completely different state?

My guess is — the story has many truths and many embellishments. The actual truth is somewhere in the middle.
It's not remotely the same as Lewan. You're talking about a current player who was extremely important to the success of the team vs. a disgraced former who coach who hasn't been with the team in almost 6 months. Also, and you know this is true, assaulting a rival's fan is not going to be held in the same regard as a white coach using a racist statement to a black player's face.

I also see - yet again - that you fail to recognize what Trevon has done on social media. Just answer me this very simple question - why would he do that? Why would he call his father a liar for saying it happened? Why would a black player with absolutely 0 ties to OSU whatsoever being liking dozens of social media posts calling McMurphy's report bullshit?

You know for a 100% fact that you would call this story BS if it was michigan and a former player involved if things were playing out the way they are. It's also insanely hypocritical of you to actually be giving the dad merit when you gave absolutely none to Zach Smith over the summer when the case against him was much flimsier than this BS.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that be because it has something to do with Urban Meyer?

Just a wild guess here
If the only reason to publish an article is because someone is still coaching, it lends a tremendous amount to the idea that the article is nothing more than a hit piece.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Trevon — as I said, I’d guess to get the full release from OSU, he may have agreed to a NDA. That’s just a guess on my part, as it takes ALOT to get a full release and be allowed to play the next year. Too many coincidences.

And as I just said — isn’t Trevon’s mom the one who as a nurse stole thousands and thousands of dollars from an elderly couple? Also — another easy way to confirm the dad’s story — he said his wife called him too after the incident. Can easily check phone records to verify it, as she never called him.

Lastly — in regards to former players speaking up. Think about how crazy you defend anything that has to do with OSU. Now multiply that by 100 and that is how strongly former players feel about the OSU program, as they literally gave their blood, sweat and tears to help build it into what it has become. THAT is why they will back OSU no matter what.
LOL an NDA? Are you serious right now? That's about all I need to read from you to know you have absolutely no ability to be objective here. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Also, it isn't as if players are saying they never heard him say it. They're saying they were actually there and the word was never said. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for a dozen or so of them to come out and vehemently lie about a coach who has nothing to do with the program anymore.

FYI - NDA's don't require you to go out on social media and like dozens of posts calling a reporter's story BS, nor does it require you to publicly say you're father is lying. You're going so far out of your way to give his father merit, it's pathetic. I know you're a michigan fan and hate Urban, but this is just ridiculous.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL an NDA? Are you serious right now? That's about all I need to read from you to know you have absolutely no ability to be objective here. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Also, it isn't as if players are saying they never heard him say it. They're saying they were actually there and the word was never said. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for a dozen or so of them to come out and vehemently lie about a coach who has nothing to do with the program anymore.

FYI - NDA's don't require you to go out on social media and like dozens of posts calling a reporter's story BS, nor does it require you to publicly say you're father is lying. You're going so far out of your way to give his father merit, it's pathetic. I know you're a michigan fan and hate Urban, but this is just ridiculous.

Wouldn’t OSU be all over the father’s story proving it wrong? Flight records are easily accessible, phone records can easily prove if Trevon called him or not.

And I’m not giving his father merit — I’m saying if he were lying, his story could be picked apart immediately with phone and flight records.

You were the one who tried to discredit him by calling him a convict, yet you’ve yet to respond that Trevon’s mom is as well, but want her story fits your agenda so you look past it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t OSU be all over the father’s story proving it wrong? Flight records are easily accessible, phone records can easily prove if Trevon called him or not.

And I’m not giving his father merit — I’m saying if he were lying, his story could be picked apart immediately with phone and flight records.

You were the one who tried to discredit him by calling him a convict, yet you’ve yet to respond that Trevon’s mom is as well, but want her story fits your agenda so you look past it.
Or, shouldn't McMurphy been all over it before he published his report? Have you seen phone records? Have you seen flight records? Of course you haven't. You also have no idea what OSU is doing right now because it's barely been 24 hours since the report came out.

And fine, take Trevon's mom's quote entirely out of the equation. I'm fine with that. There are still TONS of other people who aren't convicts calling this report bullshit, including actual eyewitnesses.

Also - are you ever going to acknowledge Trevon going online and liking dozens of posts calling McMurphy a POS and calling his story BS? Are you going to acknowledge him calling his father a liar if he is the one saying this all happened? I'd say that's the most damning part of all of this because there is absolutely no logical explanation for it happening, so of course you won't talk about it because it shoots your side entirely to hell.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not remotely the same as Lewan. You're talking about a current player who was extremely important to the success of the team vs. a disgraced former who coach who hasn't been with the team in almost 6 months. Also, and you know this is true, assaulting a rival's fan is not going to be held in the same regard as a white coach using a racist statement to a black player's face.

I also see - yet again - that you fail to recognize what Trevon has done on social media. Just answer me this very simple question - why would he do that? Why would he call his father a liar for saying it happened? Why would a black player with absolutely 0 ties to OSU whatsoever being liking dozens of social media posts calling McMurphy's report bullshit?

You know for a 100% fact that you would call this story BS if it was michigan and a former player involved if things were playing out the way they are. It's also insanely hypocritical of you to actually be giving the dad merit when you gave absolutely none to Zach Smith over the summer when the case against him was much flimsier than this BS.

Once again — you see how you vehemently defend OSU over every issue that comes up. Now imagine you played football there and people started with these stories and you have actual ties to the program and helped build it to what it has become.

THAT is why you see so many former athletes backing the school. They are you times 100, because that is their actual football program and school they graduated from.

With Trevon, even though he is gone, he still has many friends on the team, I’m sure. I have no clue what’s been done on social media or why. But if he wanted to prove his dad was a liar — it’d be simple with his phone records. I just don’t see what his dad gains by this though?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevon's mother lost her job yesterday over this...

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again — you see how you vehemently defend OSU over every issue that comes up. Now imagine you played football there and people started with these stories and you have actual ties to the program and helped build it to what it has become.

THAT is why you see so many former athletes backing the school. They are you times 100, because that is their actual football program and school they graduated from.

With Trevon, even though he is gone, he still has many friends on the team, I’m sure. I have no clue what’s been done on social media or why. But if he wanted to prove his dad was a liar — it’d be simple with his phone records. I just don’t see what his dad gains by this though?
Says a lot about what you think of the players if you think they'd sit idly by and let a white coach racially slur a black athlete, to say nothing of the other black staff members...

The rivalry has really done a number on you, chill out, it's just a game...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, shouldn't McMurphy been all over it before he published his report? Have you seen phone records? Have you seen flight records? Of course you haven't. You also have no idea what OSU is doing right now because it's barely been 24 hours since the report came out.

And fine, take Trevon's mom's quote entirely out of the equation. I'm fine with that. There are still TONS of other people who aren't convicts calling this report bullshit, including actual eyewitnesses.

Also - are you ever going to acknowledge Trevon going online and liking dozens of posts calling McMurphy a POS and calling his story BS? Are you going to acknowledge him calling his father a liar if he is the one saying this all happened? I'd say that's the most damning part of all of this because there is absolutely no logical explanation for it happening, so of course you won't talk about it because it shoots your side entirely to hell.

That is why I literally said — if OSU says the dad is lying, it’d literally take no time at all to verify flight records. On top of that — he said he changed the flight, so they’d have two separate listings they could check — the original flight and the flight he changed to.

And once again — I could have given you TONS of UM players who called media reports lies that Lewan assaulted the OSU fan, including the guys who were with him when it happened. What do you think they are going to say?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I literally said — if OSU says the dad is lying, it’d literally take no time at all to verify flight records. On top of that — he said he changed the flight, so they’d have two separate listings they could check — the original flight and the flight he changed to.

And once again — I could have given you TONS of UM players who called media reports lies that Lewan assaulted the OSU fan, including the guys who were with him when it happened. What do you think they are going to say?
Assaulting a rival fan is not even remotely close to a white coach calling one of YOUR teammates a racial slur... this is a false equivalency...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a lot about what you think of the players if you think they'd sit idly by and let a white coach racially slur a black athlete, to say nothing of the other black staff members...

The rivalry has really done a number on you, chill out, it's just a game...

Has nothing to do with the rivalry. It has do with handling issues in house, because there is nothing worse for ANY program than negative publicity. Do I think this happened? Who knows? I know many football coaches are brutal in tearing down players.

A guy for UM scored a TD this year and called out DJ Durkin, because when Durkin was a coach at UM, he told him he was worthless and would never step foot on the field for UM.

Do I think he used the ‘n word’? No. Could he have used it? Possibly.

My point from the start is — what does the father have to gain by putting the story out? Not just putting it out, but going in depth with phone calls and flight changes and bringing in 3rd parties from another state? If he is lying — he has went to tremendous lengths and details (which could easily be proven one way or the other) and he gains nothing from t?!?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this report happened at literally any other university in the nation, even michigan, and the fallout was the same, I'd be vehemently calling it a load of bullshit. Look at the extent you are going to side with a convicted felon over the word of literally dozens of people saying it is completely false.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is working out great for him. McMurphy is looking like an idiot. Zach Smith is looking like an idiot too, but at least he’s looking a truthful idiot. If he kept his mouth shut then all the new lies McMurphy is reporting are more believable.

If you believe anything that comes out of McMurphy’s mouth than you will believe anyone.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great. It's not on OSU to provide that information. McMurphy is the one who wrote the article. Journalists with integrity verify their sources. He does not because he is scum.

I can't help but laugh how you compare the Lewan thing to this when they are so completely opposite in several ways. You're literally going to any length to side with the convict who every person involved says is lying, including his son who allegedly had the racial slur used on him.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the only reason to publish an article is because someone is still coaching, it lends a tremendous amount to the idea that the article is nothing more than a hit piece.

But if he wasn't still the coach there, there would be no point in publishing it at all

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he wasn't still the coach there, there would be no point in publishing it at all
So you're literally saying the only reason to publish it isn't because it's a news story, but it's a hit piece on an active coach.