• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yu Darvish has been traded to the Dodgers

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... huh?

Teams get prospect returns for rentals all of the time.
Yeah I know that and the Rangers got "prospects" in return for a rental. My point was that the Rangers could have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season and then would have gotten "nothing" for him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know that and the Rangers got "prospects" in return for a rental. My point was that the Rangers could have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season and then would have gotten "nothing" for him.

Incorrect. They would've gotten a compensatory draft pick for him. Not saying he should command a king's ransom, but to say they were lucky to get anything for him because he was a rental is just stupid. Rental players, especially top tier starting pitchers, bring good returns consistently from contending teams every year. Rangers fans were fine with getting prospects. That's what we expected. We were hoping to do a little better in the pitching department mostly.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. They would've gotten a compensatory draft pick for him. Not saying he should command a king's ransom, but to say they were lucky to get anything for him because he was a rental is just stupid. Rental players, especially top tier starting pitchers, bring good returns consistently from contending teams every year. Rangers fans were fine with getting prospects. That's what we expected. We were hoping to do a little better in the pitching department mostly.
Fair enough. The Ranger's organization thought they made a good trade and now it's time to move on.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly know nothing about how this works. :L
Oh I know how it work. The Ranger's organization thought they could get more for Darvish, but had to settle for a last minute trade with the Dodgers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay...

I don't see that as a valid reason to be okay with getting a less than fair return, relative to Darvish's market-value. (Not that this return wasn't fair, it seems like it was)

If you hire someone to put a new roof on your house, and only pay half of what they charge. Would you tell them; "Hey, what are you complaining about? You could have not taken the job, and gotten nothing!"

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...

I don't see that as a valid reason to be okay with getting a less than fair return, relative to Darvish's market-value. (Not that this return wasn't fair, it seems like it was)

If you hire someone to put a new roof on your house, and only pay half of what they charge. Would you tell them; "Hey, what are you complaining about? You could have not taken the job, and gotten nothing!"
:scratch: Why are you comparing putting a new roof on your house, with a major league trade? Texas made the deal with the Dodgers for Darvish and now they have to live with it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. The Ranger's organization thought they made a good trade and now it's time to move on.

Well, they felt they got better than what they would've gotten had they let him walk.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Why are you comparing putting a new roof on your house, with a major league trade?

Wow. You're... uh... How should I word this?... Stupid.

That's amazing. I really don't even know what to say to somebody who doesn't know what an analogy is. You're stupidity has floored me sir.

Now that I think about it, I do remember you from some past thread. I forget the topic of conversation, but I do remember that you're a real dunderhead. Perhaps a troll?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's amazing. I really don't even know what to say to somebody who doesn't know what an analogy is. You're stupidity has floored me sir.

Now that I think about it, I do remember you from some past thread. I forget the topic of conversation, but I do remember that you're a real dunderhead. Perhaps a troll?
Well there you go. If you don't like my comments then go fuck youself. :pound::pound::pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 3 of the top 30 prospects in the Dodgers system. For a rental, I'd say that's pretty good. Coming from a team on pace to set the record for wins in the NL, it seems like quite a bit from a Dodgers fan's perspective.

I have to think they'll try and bring him back and it's just not a rental.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you even know the definition of analogy? Your analogy was a false comparison. There is no comparison with roofing a house to a major league baseball trade.

Analogy: Comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.