• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL You're starting an NFL franchise, who you select as your QB?

You're starting an NFL franchise, who you select as your QB?

• Mahomes

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Allen

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Herbert

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dak

• Mac

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Lance

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Burrow

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Pickett

• Lawrence

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Hurts

• Fields

• Mayfield

• Murray

• Total voters

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really well thought out - if I may add one rebuttal to the Burrow thing - Higgins went over 1,000 yards, and Boyd wasn't far off. Uzomah had a career year with Burrow - while Chase certainly was the star of that WR corps, I think if you put weapons around him, he's going to use them to the best of his ability (which is petty good)...but I could see why there would be concern with the Burrow/Chase connection being mentioned, though IMO that would make me more worried about Chase than Burrow considering that Chase came in day-1 and obliterated the league after not playing a full year. I think that connection with Burrow was way more important to him than Burrow, but that's just my thoughts on it.

Solid reasoning throughout, though...nicely done.
There were two kinds of Chase plays last year.... The Chase takes the short throw for 80 yards to the house (against the Ravens and Chiefs) and the Chase makes ridiculous magic along the sideline. While the class clearly belong to Chase.... The second are a function of Burrow. Very few QBs can or will make the types of throws that Burrow executes with Chase.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the system.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's between Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Mahomie.

Mahomie too dumb and too injury prone
Allen is a risk for injury with his running style and his int's are too high this late in his career
Herbert: Average IQ, not much upside left he is what he is right now

My pick is Burrow, has more upside, already better than Allen while being younger and less experienced above average IQ and has the clutch gene. I' taking Burrow for sure.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Burrow 100% of the time with any team and any system. Those other guys all took good teams and made them great. Well actually Herbert hasn't even done that yet. Burrow is the only one I watched just put a game on his back and will the team to victory.

Even the oldest of the big 4 has a good 8-10+ of expected top tier play with no expected drop off. That's like 1-2 complete roster changeovers away. So I don't consider age a factor at all. Honestly I don't see that significant of a difference in ability either. I just personally like Burrows swagger the best.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true mark of a great QB is one that can lead and charge a team collectively. The top 4 on list can certainly do that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's between Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Mahomie.

Mahomie too dumb and too injury prone
Allen is a risk for injury with his running style and his int's are too high this late in his career
Herbert: Average IQ, not much upside left he is what he is right now

My pick is Burrow, has more upside, already better than Allen while being younger and less experienced above average IQ and has the clutch gene. I' taking Burrow for sure.
Mahomes and Allen are injury prone and Burrow isn't? Huh?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if we want to just get down to the nitty gritty of it all...

Joe Burrow took the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

Let that sink in...the Bengals. Super Bowl. Really.

And they were 1 second away from Burrow connecting with Chase to potentially WIN the Super Bowl....

LOL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if we want to just get down to the nitty gritty of it all...

Joe Burrow took the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

Let that sink in...the Bengals. Super Bowl. Really.

And they were 1 second away from Burrow connecting with Chase to potentially WIN the Super Bowl....

LOL

One second away LOL indeed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t make up an EPA gap of .100 per play. Again, that’s roughly the difference of 2021 Rodgers and Kirk Cousins.

The fact that you mentioned Cousins devalues Rodgers instead of validating your argument, lol.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes and Allen are injury prone and Burrow isn't? Huh?
Due to style of play. Mahomes and Allen's style of play is more conducive of more long term injury concerns than Burrow. Burrow has sustained a horrific knee injury but his style of play isn't indicative of long term injury issues unless the O-line gets worse.