• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

youre lemaire...

how should the net time be divied up for the devils?

• hedberg remains the back up

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • hedberg and brodeur split

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • hedberg slowly begins playing more games than brodeur

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • you turn to hedberg as the starter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the differences in how they've played up to this point,
how much do you play hedberg the rest of the season if the same trend (goaltending) continues?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 5. Play an exciting aggressive style game that would be fun to watch while rebuilding instead of the boring ass no fun style that hasn't been working.
I know its just the Thrasher's broadcast, but their color guy was wondering allowed why they are sticking to Lemaire and whats been done instead of switching philosophies and creating some excitement both on the ice and for the fans.
But they continue to bring out a big canvas, throw some paint on it, and the fans can watch it dry.

And I am sure I'll sound like a hater, but I like a lot of the players and dont mind the team, but the product on the ice is often unwatchable and whether winning or losing if its not fun to watch I dont see the point.

(For the record I also complained about the Julien coached Habs which was like watching sand trickle through an hourglass and I am not a big fan of Martin's react stlye of hockey either)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea and with the season lost it would be as good a time as any to experiment.with lemaire I can't see it happening.really its something they should have tried about a month ago while jmac was sinking .like other devils fans have said the talent is there but the players are being misused.a new system is needed and the smartest thing to do would be to work on it now.but unfortunately lemaire way of making the team " competitive" is to fall back to his usual style.great post comers.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't vote because I have not seen much of Hedberg play this year. But I don't mind my team riding the hotter goalie and they do it whenever needed. Hope this helps...

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Split the season I think is the best. Hedberk is not much younger than Brodeur and really won't take over when Brodeur is done so split is my vote.

We needed a younger goalie this year to come in and have Brodeur mentor him for the final 2 years of Brodeur's contract. That would have been ideal. But we didn't think the Devils season would be this bad.

We must do everything to stay in for the lottery draft pick. :)
If the season is over might as well get in for that top 2 draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 5. Play an exciting aggressive style game that would be fun to watch while rebuilding instead of the boring ass no fun style that hasn't been working.

Umm...Mac had the "aggressive" style and they scored 1 or 0 goals in half of the games hes coached. Lermaire's style that "hasnt been working" has worked more than Mac's. I ignored the boring part because thats just an opinion and not a fact.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...Mac had the "aggressive" style and they scored 1 or 0 goals in half of the games hes coached. Lermaire's style that "hasnt been working" has worked more than Mac's. I ignored the boring part because thats just an opinion and not a fact.

Maybe Mac had a more aggressive up tempo style but I didnt notice in the few games I saw them play under him. Looked like the normal Devil's style to me.

"hasnt been working" was meant in comparison to how it once did. Oh I'm sure his ultra conservative trap game will win more games, at least initially, than another. But if you are talking about 12th instead of 15th I am not sure the point.

Yep, thats true, the boring part is an opinion.

Really not trying to argue, I was just a bit disappointed the Devils went back to Lemaire instead of someone who utilizes their offensive talent better in my opinion.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for thread jacking, if it bugs anyone my posts in here can be removed.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lemaire is just filling in to get some stability going and to stop the bleeding, then in the off season they'll bring in a fresh mind into NJ to move things forward.

Well......that's what I would do anyways. lol :)

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lemaire is just filling in to get some stability going and to stop the bleeding, then in the off season they'll bring in a fresh mind into NJ to move things forward.

Well......that's what I would do anyways. lol :)

Yeah, this time Lou Lams doesn't want to just jump in, he wants to take his time to develop a coaching strategy before stepping behind the bench... :D

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I voted they should split... but NJ's problems go way beyond goaltending. I think it's rebuild time.

Trade all the vets, hold on to Kovalchuk (not that anyone would take on that contract anyways), Greene, Parise, Zajac, and the other youngsters. Keep the Brodeur-Moose tandem but for God's sake, give Brodeur a rest. They have been riding the shit out of him for 15 years, no wonder he can't win a playoff series to save his life. If they can bring in a young goalie to groom under Brodeur, perfect. Who better to mentor the young guy?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Lou and Lemaire both said Lemaire is pretty much here til the end of the year since he was already on the payroll. And believe me, it was different under Mac and his offense/NO defense style he was pushing.

Fans wanted Kovy and a change in style of play and both backfired. Granted, I dont think Kovy wil be this bad for his entire contract time, but god do I wish we could renig on that trade