• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Ultimate Tailgate Food/Drink???

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specifically, what do you like. Just saying something like Beer doesn't help, (for example)what kind of Beer, and why? Of course, most of all, what food do you like before a big game? any favorite recipes? I know there are definitely some gourmands out there who have some excellent ideas/traditions!!! :suds:

While we're at it...What foods do you enjoy during and after a big game as well. Since I know there are so many out there from different places, I expect some REALLY interesting answers to all of these questions...:D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food:
Favorite:
I'm a sucker for a Bratwurst spread... Cook up a dozen beer soaked brats and serve them with a huge spread of toppings. Bacon, onions, jalapenos, sauerkraut, relish, mushrooms, various cheeses, etc. The works!!! Hoagie roll, not hot dog buns. You need something bigger to contain all those toppings! Easy to serve at tailgates.

Honorable mentions:
*Kabobs. Steak, chicken, pork, venison, you name it. Prep time can be a hassle, but if you can finish it the night before to let them marinate... Then you're golden for gameday. Toss them beches on the grill and they'll be ready in no time.
*Slow cooker chilli. Easy to make a crap ton for bigger groups.

Beverage:
Favorite:
IPA beers out of a keg or growler. Usually keep a keg on hand most months in the kegerator. IPAs mainly. Been known to dabble with Ambers or Stouts. But for tailgating I fill up growlers and keep them on ice in the cooler.

Honorable mention: I'll always remember the college days of light beer on gamedays. Mainly Coors Light & Bud Light. They do just fine.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally love pork ribs. rubbed from the start, sauced at the end.

But I'm not picky. As long as it's pork, beef or chicken and you're grilling or smoking you can't go very wrong with me.