• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your thought on two B1G teams possibly making it?

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only team that could make it in this season without winning their conference is Bama if they lay an egg in the CCG after beating Auburn. Though they'd probably beat Florida even if they did lay an egg.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only team that could make it in this season without winning their conference is Bama if they lay an egg in the CCG after beating Auburn. Though they'd probably beat Florida even if they did lay an egg.
Which is interesting because a 12-1 Bama that doesn't win the SEC really wouldn't have any better of a resume than a 11-1 OSU. I do agree though that Bama can withstand a loss

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is interesting because a 12-1 Bama that doesn't win the SEC really wouldn't have any better of a resume than a 11-1 OSU. I do agree though that Bama can withstand a loss

Other than being undefeated in the regular season, winning one more game, winning their division, and actually playing in a championship game that is. Would it be better to reward Ohio State for not playing in a championship game and punish Alabama for playing in one?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair assessment, it would really hurt because I know we're the better team. So is Michigan and Wisky (maybe even the Huskers)

I almost hope for that scenario, just for all the delicious tOSU tears, but then y'all would just spend the next year talking about how you would have won it if you had been there like last year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. I'm one of the few here who think there's a CHANCE OSU beats Michigan and still gets left out. If Bama, Clemson and UW win out they're in period. That means the r the spot would come down to 11-1 OSU vs 11-2 Wisconsin/Penn St. I don't think OSU is a lock in that situation at all. That's not popular here but the committee hasn't shown yet that they're going to put in a non P5 winner yet so I'm not sure why we just assume great wins and no bad losses is going to get you in over a Veeam like Wisconsin who would have great wins, no bad losses and a title. Yes yes head to head I get it. We've never had this situation before though so I'm not sure we can assume anything. I think we will get a peek into the committees mind set tomorrow. If OSU stays at 2 then I think that says something. If they drop thenot I think that says something too

I don't know, it looks an awful lot like the committee hedging their bets, all the teams in play are clustered close enough to make a 4 spot. I don't think anybody is definitely in yet, or out yet. I don't see a scenario where the B1G champ is out and tOSU is in, so I think if tOSU makes it, then there will be two B1G teams. Which I personally don't have a problem with. We will know more this week, but on any given day, I think all 4 B1G contenders are competitive with each other, and better than their PAC and B12 competitors...although Oklahoma and USC are playing a lot better football now.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. I'm one of the few here who think there's a CHANCE OSU beats Michigan and still gets left out. If Bama, Clemson and UW win out they're in period. That means the r the spot would come down to 11-1 OSU vs 11-2 Wisconsin/Penn St. I don't think OSU is a lock in that situation at all. That's not popular here but the committee hasn't shown yet that they're going to put in a non P5 winner yet so I'm not sure why we just assume great wins and no bad losses is going to get you in over a Veeam like Wisconsin who would have great wins, no bad losses and a title. Yes yes head to head I get it. We've never had this situation before though so I'm not sure we can assume anything. I think we will get a peek into the committees mind set tomorrow. If OSU stays at 2 then I think that says something. If they drop thenot I think that says something too

I've been saying this as well. OSU needed to beat MSU soundly and it didn't happen. Beating Michigan by a big score at home could erase some memories, but what if PSU or Wisconsin lights up the other? They get in and OSU is out..? Not getting to the CCG is a killer.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If PSU wins the B1G they should be in the playoffs. I hate it because I think tOSU is better but they beat the Buckeyes and would have won the CCG.

If this happens, it will be hilarious to watch two playoff teams that have lost to Pitt

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your thought on two B1G teams possibly making it?

:spit:

So I'm not the only one who had that image going through my head...

I guess, if there's video, then I'm okay with it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or does a one loss Ohio State get left out if let's say Penn St wins the B1G?

OSU wouldn't be a one loss team if Penn St wins the B1G.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what should happen, but the PAC is weird this year. It looks like USC is probably their top team, but at this point won't make the CCG. Personally, I think OSU's done. We needed to put on a better show against MSU and we just didn't do it. The only way we get a 2nd look is if we beat Michigan 70-0.. and that isn't going to happen.

If OSU wins out, they're in. Pretty simple IMO.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than being undefeated in the regular season, winning one more game, winning their division, and actually playing in a championship game that is. Would it be better to reward Ohio State for not playing in a championship game and punish Alabama for playing in one?

You're precious.

Hell YEAH, I can't think of any team I'd rather see punished for losing their CCG. You think any random football fan wouldn't love that?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU beats michigan, they're in. Plain and simple.

If Wisconsin wins out, they're very likely in as well. They're currently 5th and would be tacking on a likely top 10 win over PSU. With michigan dropping from the top 4, Wisconsin slides in.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Wisconsin

If Washington blows out WSU and Colorado, they likely jump Wisconsin, even though each team's final two opponents are essentially the same (one 8-3 team in the regular season finale, one 2-loss team in the CCG)

The real fun would start if Va Tech upsets Clemson...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure bout that?

Why did I think Penn St was on the other half of the conference? Ugh.

It will be interesting to see, if that does happen, a 2 loss conference champ vs. Ohio St.

The committee by laws made it hard to go for a non conference champ over a conference champ.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did I think Penn St was on the other half of the conference? Ugh.

LOL...they might have been at some point, I don't remember...they've done a bit of re-positioning since the old Bleaders and Bludgeoned divisions

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU beats michigan, they're in. Plain and simple.

If Wisconsin wins out, they're very likely in as well. They're currently 5th and would be tacking on a likely top 10 win over PSU. With michigan dropping from the top 4, Wisconsin slides in.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Wisconsin

If Washington blows out WSU and Colorado, they likely jump Wisconsin, even though each team's final two opponents are essentially the same (one 8-3 team in the regular season finale, one 2-loss team in the CCG)

The real fun would start if Va Tech upsets Clemson...

so you're saying OSU will be in if they beat UM but lose to Wisky in the CCG?

AND with Washington as a 1 loss conference champion?

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're precious.

Hell YEAH, I can't think of any team I'd rather see punished for losing their CCG. You think any random football fan wouldn't love that?

Aren't you precious? Didn't address the point at all.

It's more fun when millions of people are pulling against you, lots more people to disappoint.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're saying OSU will be in if they beat UM but lose to Wisky in the CCG?

AND with Washington as a 1 loss conference champion?

They won't play in the conference championship game.