• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your thought on two B1G teams possibly making it?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn St all win next week. Then either the Badgers or Lions win the CCG.

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson

4. Wisconsin, Penn St, Washington, Colorado, Oklahoma, Okie St? Assuming either WA or CO win the Pac and OK/OkSt wins the Big12?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or does a one loss Ohio State get left out if let's say Penn St wins the B1G?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn St all win next week. Then either the Badgers or Lions win the CCG.

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson

4. Wisconsin, Penn St, Washington, Colorado, Oklahoma, Okie St? Assuming either WA or CO win the Pac and OK/OkSt wins the Big12?

If Washington wins out they should be in it but if they drop another then it opens the door for either Penn State or Wisconsin

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington wins out they should be in it but if they drop another then it opens the door for either Penn State or Wisconsin

I agree with this, the only Pac 12 champ that has a chance is UW, and really I don't think they have a great chance. I think they might need a couple of impressive wins down these last two games. (Assuming they beat WSU)

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, the only Pac 12 champ that has a chance is UW, and really I don't think they have a great chance. I think they might need a couple of impressive wins down these last two games. (Assuming they beat WSU)
Wins over WSU and a top 10 ranked Colorado will put UW into the playoffs.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or does a one loss Ohio State get left out if let's say Penn St wins the B1G?
If PSU wins the B1G they should be in the playoffs. I hate it because I think tOSU is better but they beat the Buckeyes and would have won the CCG.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If PSU wins the B1G they should be in the playoffs. I hate it because I think tOSU is better but they beat the Buckeyes and would have won the CCG.
That's a fair assessment, it would really hurt because I know we're the better team. So is Michigan and Wisky (maybe even the Huskers)

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington loses, it shouldn't even be really be a debate. With a Washington win, it becomes interesting. Right now, they have played terrible when faced with adversity, and they don't really have any great wins. I think the Washington v. Wisconsin/PSU debate comes down to style points, and whether Washington can (A.) Play well when things get rough and (B.) Prove they are definitively better than the rest of the non-USC PAC.

I think OSU will be in either way, as they should be.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington loses, it shouldn't even be really be a debate. With a Washington win, it becomes interesting. Right now, they have played terrible when faced with adversity, and they don't really have any great wins. I think the Washington v. Wisconsin/PSU debate comes down to style points, and whether Washington can (A.) Play well when things get rough and (B.) Prove they are definitively better than the rest of the non-USC PAC.

I think OSU will be in either way, as they should be.
If Washington wins out they should get in over a second B1G team. Regardless if it's OSU or Michigan.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just disagree. I think if OSU destroys Michigan, they have a very good chance to go to the show...... simply they are the better team.

the PSU loss was a fluke. OSU was winning for 3 1/2 quarters, losing by 3 on the road at night was understandable in a hostile environment. seems like many think that PSU won by 40 pts.......

and, if OSU loses, should they even drop??? the committee set the precedent that you can lose, even to an unranked POS team, and not fall in the rankings......... so how could a team drop losing to a top 5 team???

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, if OSU loses, should they even drop??? the committee set the precedent that you can lose, even to an unranked POS team, and not fall in the rankings......... so how could a team drop losing to a top 5 team???
Michigan didn't drop because a bunch of teams around their ranking lost. That's some homer ass shit. If you lose to Michigan there is no fucking way you deserve a playoff. Same if Michigan beats OSU but loses in the CCG.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins over WSU and a top 10 ranked Colorado will put UW into the playoffs.
This. I don't see how UW is left out if they win the Pac. They'd be conference Champs, which the committee values, they'd have the coveted quality loss to USC, and they'd finish with two wins over two ranked (and possibly one top 10) teams.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan didn't drop because a bunch of teams around their ranking lost. That's some homer ass shit. If you lose to Michigan there is no fucking way you deserve a playoff. Same if Michigan beats OSU but loses in the CCG.

actually I agree. 2 losses. good bye, see ya Ohio State....... but I don't give a fuck. a team loses to an unranked team, and said team doesn't drop one spot in the rankings????? bull fucking shit.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I agree. 2 losses. good bye, see ya Ohio State....... but I don't give a fuck. a team loses to an unranked team, and said team doesn't drop one spot in the rankings????? bull fucking shit.
6 top 10 teams losing that week is the only reason Michigan didn't drop. All were bad losses. Only case you could make for is Washington not dropping and the other two(clemson and Michigan) falling to 4 and 5 and I would agree.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has a much better resume than PSU if they beat Michigan and PSU beats us. Let's divide up their schedule into two sections the Michigan-OSU-PSU part and the rest:

In Part 1, we have:
Penn State 10 @ Michigan 49
Ohio State 21 @ Penn State 24
Michigan 17 @ Ohio State 24 (just a guess)

In Part 2, we have:
Penn State with one loss (to Pitt) and one ranked win (neutral site over us)
Ohio State has ranked wins at Wisconsin, at Oklahoma, and vs. Nebraska. They are undefeated.

Clearly OSU wins both Part 1 and Part 2. Since that is the entirety of their resume, they are clearly superior. Frankly, it isn't even close.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A two loss big team won't get in over a 2 loss conf champ. So no, Penn state or Wisconsin ain't getting shit. Ohio state or Michigan with 2 losses yeah maybe but Psu or whisky, nope they won't get in.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson

If TOSU gets a win against Xichigan, we are in. This game has me nervous a bit. This is there last run with a lot of seniors on the roster.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really gets fun if Wisconsin beats Michigan in the Big Ten title game and Washington wins out. Then you have three two loss Big Ten teams along with one loss Penn State. Who do you put in the playoff then?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really gets fun if Wisconsin beats Michigan in the Big Ten title game and Washington wins out. Then you have three two loss Big Ten teams along with one loss Penn State. Who do you put in the playoff then?
That would be 3 loss Penn State at that point.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington wins out they should get in over a second B1G team. Regardless if it's OSU or Michigan.

This is what should happen, but the PAC is weird this year. It looks like USC is probably their top team, but at this point won't make the CCG. Personally, I think OSU's done. We needed to put on a better show against MSU and we just didn't do it. The only way we get a 2nd look is if we beat Michigan 70-0.. and that isn't going to happen.