• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Redskins draft grade

Your Redskins Draft Grade

• A+

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • A-

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • B+

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • B-

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • C+

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You must hate the Redskins

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you got me curious??

UNeven as in we drafted more defensive players than offensive players??

Do tell, what was uneven about our draft??
A couple exceptional picks with some marginal picks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple exceptional picks with some marginal picks.

Thats called a normal draft.

Payne was one of the top two DTs and fit a position of need.

Guice was one of the top two RBs fit a position of need and we were able to get him alot lower than most thought he would go.

Did we crush it?? Nope.

But all things considered IM rather pleased and shocked at our draft. Because honestly I was expecting Ridley, two more WRs and maybe a fluffer defensive pick or two on day three.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats called a normal draft.

Payne was one of the top two DTs and fit a position of need.

Guice was one of the top two RBs fit a position of need and we were able to get him alot lower than most thought he would go.

Did we crush it?? Nope.

But all things considered IM rather pleased and shocked at our draft. Because honestly I was expecting Ridley, two more WRs and maybe a fluffer defensive pick or two on day three.
Two good picks... :noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question would be, was this Bruce or was it Bruce staying the hell out of the way while grown folks went to work?? If this was all or mostly Bruce, Im pleasantly surprised. If it was him staying out of the way, Im shocked. At the end of the day, we wont know who was responsible for this draft for a few years if ever.

Again - who fucking cares! What difference does it make who makes the picks - stop obsessing over Allen & just worry @ the team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave it a B+

The OT is a project/depth guy

Grade could improve. BUt the hot take, I love the Payne, Guice, Hamilton and Settle picks.

Luke Warm on Apkem Christian and Quinn

Stroman i would have swapped for Holton HIll, and Quinn for Lazard, but I dont hate the pick of either.

thus my grade.

Luke warm over last overall pick in draft? Lol. Big deal - if it sucks you can always get the other player you want in free agency.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce does not make picks he sits and let scouts and coaches decide .. God some people think Bruce goes down to the local store buy a draft mag and says why scout we have draft mag

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching total access since 6pm it's now 715 pm they have not talked about skins draft yet but boy they talk about the ravens and giants draft and show the griffen clips 190000 times

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say B+.

We still have a gapping hole at LG that could have been addressed in the draft. I love the DLine picks and could not be more happy. The Apke and Hamilton picks were strange to me but they are what they are. We needed to address those spots of course but I think they selected the wrong players for those positions.

I do however LOVE the UDRFA picks. Cobbs at WR, Blanding at SS and and Welsh at Guard were amazing picks ups!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I was riveted by this draft, and tuned in for the whole thing. I give the Redskins a B, which is above average... in fact it's pretty damn good.

1)Da'Ron Payne - I was absolutely not shocked when we selected him. Vita Vea has gone before him and I'm pleased we addressed our biggest need along the D-line with this pick. Ideally we traded down at this pick to pick up a third, but being that Vea went #12, and there's a pretty HUGE gap in talent after Vea/Payne, I'm glad the skins took him here. Fine Pick. B+ grade.

2a)Trade down in the second, gives us a third, and we swap 5th rounders - I think we got fleeced by this deal. If Guice had not fallen to us in the late second, we would have had a very limited group of RB to choose from... and that would have been reminiscent of Samaje Perine as a 2017 4th round pick. Samaje is a fine back up RB, but the Redskins waited too long to get one of the GREAT RBs. In the end, we landed Guice, picked up a 3rd rounder, which is good. But swapping the 5th rounders was a bit much to possibly continue not having a premier RB. The FO had chops to take a chance and it worked out massively. Not a great value though. B Grade on the trade.

2b)Derrius Guice - This kid can absolutely ball. A first round talent, that the skins managed to wait on and land late in the second. This kid is well spoken, and interviews extremely well. He doesn't seem at all like the type of kid to cause trouble, and seems humble and ready to work. Amazing Amazing pick up. Best player available at a position of need. A+ grade

3)Geron Christian - The Tackles were not making much noise in this draft, but I am glad that we got one earlier as opposed to later. The guy seems like he has the tools to be a starting Tackle in the league, quickness, great feet, but is still learning the position. Compared to Duane Brown from some Scouts, and we got him at an OK spot. Hopefully he puts it all together. B- Grade.

4)Troy Apke - It's great to get someone with his speed, as we really need more of it on defense. It seems like we drafted him for athletics and not production. At this point in the draft I was hoping for a quality Interior OL, WR, S, CB, and I had considered taking Tim Settle for NT here as well. From his interviews, the kid seems to a bit unenthusiastic. I don't know if I like that, but we didn't draft him to speak lol. I just think he will take a bit more time to get his game together. A potential, but a B Grade

5)Tim Settle - I'm not sure that he's a stud player, but the drop off from him to other NTs seems to be huge. For all the, "well if the TE moves to the other side of the formation, the NT becomes a DE," type of talk these past years... I've always wondered why we can't find a talented 330lb+ guy to take up space on the line? We've had a really tough time stopping the run at crucial moments, and year after year we got the same 310lb athletic player at NT. I had Tim Settle mocked to us in the 4th round and is great value in the 5th. This allows us to use Payne in different sets. Our D-line is no joke now, and we will be booting a talented player. A+ grade

6)Shaun Dion Hamilton - I had no idea this guy was in the draft, but this is a great spot to get this kid. the field general of the Alabama linebackers these past few years. It's a shame he got injured earlier on. If he can come back to 100% from his injury, then we got a STEAL. A pick

7)Greg Stroman/ Trey Quinn - No clue/opinion. Trey Quinn seems to have been good value though.

Overall a B draft. Great players filling many needs. We missed out on a strong Interior OL and CB class but picked up several quality players. Would rate 5 out of 5 Bruce Allens in a closet.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a BPA guy, and I questioned the Payne pick, but the more I see of him, the more I'm impressed. Guice was a player considered a late first, and Settle was considered a possibility in late round 2, so those were my favorite picks. Stroman strikes me as a 7th rounder who should make the team. I didn't dis-like any of the picks. I loved the trade down - that was perfectly executed. At this point, I'll give them an A-. Would be an A or possibly A+, but I'm still convinced they could have moved down some with the 1st rounder. Then again, I'm always optimistic after the draft.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I was riveted by this draft, and tuned in for the whole thing. I give the Redskins a B, which is above average... in fact it's pretty damn good.

1)Da'Ron Payne - I was absolutely not shocked when we selected him. Vita Vea has gone before him and I'm pleased we addressed our biggest need along the D-line with this pick. Ideally we traded down at this pick to pick up a third, but being that Vea went #12, and there's a pretty HUGE gap in talent after Vea/Payne, I'm glad the skins took him here. Fine Pick. B+ grade.

2a)Trade down in the second, gives us a third, and we swap 5th rounders - I think we got fleeced by this deal. If Guice had not fallen to us in the late second, we would have had a very limited group of RB to choose from... and that would have been reminiscent of Samaje Perine as a 2017 4th round pick. Samaje is a fine back up RB, but the Redskins waited too long to get one of the GREAT RBs. In the end, we landed Guice, picked up a 3rd rounder, which is good. But swapping the 5th rounders was a bit much to possibly continue not having a premier RB. The FO had chops to take a chance and it worked out massively. Not a great value though. B Grade on the trade.

2b)Derrius Guice - This kid can absolutely ball. A first round talent, that the skins managed to wait on and land late in the second. This kid is well spoken, and interviews extremely well. He doesn't seem at all like the type of kid to cause trouble, and seems humble and ready to work. Amazing Amazing pick up. Best player available at a position of need. A+ grade

3)Geron Christian - The Tackles were not making much noise in this draft, but I am glad that we got one earlier as opposed to later. The guy seems like he has the tools to be a starting Tackle in the league, quickness, great feet, but is still learning the position. Compared to Duane Brown from some Scouts, and we got him at an OK spot. Hopefully he puts it all together. B- Grade.

4)Troy Apke - It's great to get someone with his speed, as we really need more of it on defense. It seems like we drafted him for athletics and not production. At this point in the draft I was hoping for a quality Interior OL, WR, S, CB, and I had considered taking Tim Settle for NT here as well. From his interviews, the kid seems to a bit unenthusiastic. I don't know if I like that, but we didn't draft him to speak lol. I just think he will take a bit more time to get his game together. A potential, but a B Grade

5)Tim Settle - I'm not sure that he's a stud player, but the drop off from him to other NTs seems to be huge. For all the, "well if the TE moves to the other side of the formation, the NT becomes a DE," type of talk these past years... I've always wondered why we can't find a talented 330lb+ guy to take up space on the line? We've had a really tough time stopping the run at crucial moments, and year after year we got the same 310lb athletic player at NT. I had Tim Settle mocked to us in the 4th round and is great value in the 5th. This allows us to use Payne in different sets. Our D-line is no joke now, and we will be booting a talented player. A+ grade

6)Shaun Dion Hamilton - I had no idea this guy was in the draft, but this is a great spot to get this kid. the field general of the Alabama linebackers these past few years. It's a shame he got injured earlier on. If he can come back to 100% from his injury, then we got a STEAL. A pick

7)Greg Stroman/ Trey Quinn - No clue/opinion. Trey Quinn seems to have been good value though.

Overall a B draft. Great players filling many needs. We missed out on a strong Interior OL and CB class but picked up several quality players. Would rate 5 out of 5 Bruce Allens in a closet.

2A- we certainly did not get fleeced and actually won the deal by 35.5 points. Are you sure we swapped fifth rounders?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Skins knew Settle was going to be there, would they have drafted James?

Also, the Skins were not in love with Guice. 980 reported today they would have taken K. Johnson had he not been drafted right before their pick. If they REALLY loved Guice, no way they trade back and risk losing him. It worked out though.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Skins knew Settle was going to be there, would they have drafted James?

Also, the Skins were not in love with Guice. 980 reported today they would have taken K. Johnson had he not been drafted right before their pick. If they REALLY loved Guice, no way they trade back and risk losing him. It worked out though.
I don't think it's a big deal. They liked Johnson better than Guice - so what? I'm sure they liked Barkley better, too. They liked Guice enough to pick him where they picked him. Just because there was another couple of RB's that they'd have preferred - doesn't mean they didn't love Guice. Great trade and probably a very good pick.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t believe this statement to be accurate. Where is their source?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe this statement to be accurate. Where is their source?
Keim confirmed on the radio this AM that his source said they likely would have picked K Johnson if he was there with their original 2nd round pick.