• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Redskins draft grade

Your Redskins Draft Grade

• A+

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • A-

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • B+

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • B-

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • C+

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You must hate the Redskins

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Skins knew Settle was going to be there, would they have drafted James?

Also, the Skins were not in love with Guice. 980 reported today they would have taken K. Johnson had he not been drafted right before their pick. If they REALLY loved Guice, no way they trade back and risk losing him. It worked out though.

As my grandaddy used to say, some times its better to be lucky than good. Not sure if this draft was more lucky than good or not. But Im sending flowers to the Tampa GM because I think their pick of DT and RB forced our hand into taking the two guys I wanted us to get any way at their respective positions.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who was his source? And what was the reason?
Reporters generally don't give away their sources, and he didn't. Presumably everyone down-graded Guice some because there were numerous questions about his maturity - whether he got into a fight with another prospect, his supposed accusing teams of asking questions if his mother was a prostitute and if he was gay - and then saying he didn't really mean it, and he appears to be a bit hyperactive. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet - I'm guessing he has ADD or something like it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter was the source.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them a B+. I think the last pick will surprise.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporters generally don't give away their sources, and he didn't. Presumably everyone down-graded Guice some because there were numerous questions about his maturity - whether he got into a fight with another prospect, his supposed accusing teams of asking questions if his mother was a prostitute and if he was gay - and then saying he didn't really mean it, and he appears to be a bit hyperactive. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet - I'm guessing he has ADD or something like it.

I get all of that, but the source could have been the janitor that was emptying the garbage in a moment where one of the guys in the room suggested Johnson over Guice.

I also understand and have read about all the question marks.

If, anybody wants me to believe they wanted Johnson over Guice based on ability, you cannot convince me of that. If, you want me to believe the Redskins were considering Johnson over Guice because of the off field concerns, I can believe that. I can also believe they ended up choosing Guice because they were out of highly rated RBs.

There is a really good article online explaining one option of the questions as a misunderstanding. I will see if I can find it.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all of that, but the source could have been the janitor that was emptying the garbage in a moment where one of the guys in the room suggested Johnson over Guice.

I also understand and have read about all the question marks.

If, anybody wants me to believe they wanted Johnson over Guice based on ability, you cannot convince me of that. If, you want me to believe the Redskins were considering Johnson over Guice because of the off field concerns, I can believe that. I can also believe they ended up choosing Guice because they were out of highly rated RBs.

There is a really good article online explaining one option of the questions as a misunderstanding. I will see if I can find it.
Keim's been covering the Skins for a long time, and he's probably the most respected reporter doing so, so when he says it's from his source, it's someone who probably knows what he's talking about. Keim's reputation and body of work does mean something, right? And again - nobody said it was completely based on ability, so who's asking you to believe otherwise?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim's been covering the Skins for a long time, and he's probably the most respected reporter doing so, so when he says it's from his source, it's someone who probably knows what he's talking about. Keim's reputation and body of work does mean something, right? And again - nobody said it was completely based on ability, so who's asking you to believe otherwise?

I am actually happy to hear the Redskins may have wanted Johnson over Guice even if it scares me regarding his off the field issues. It at least means we have done the research every other team did but decided to roll the dice.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave the FO a B+ on this draft Of course it is only based on potential and perceived value but if enough of these guys play the way many of us think they will it could be a very good draft.