• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Northeast division leaders

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6-2-1, your Toronto Maple Leafs!! After a solid road win at MSG tonight.

(Yeah I know it's October but let me have this at least)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Klyp (and BlindBaby too!). Hopefully they can make the playoffs this year.....even though I hate Grandpa Ron.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I could be Klyper if you want me to. Would that be a good thing or bad thing?

lol, Klyper was a pretty cool guy.....at least I never had a problem with him.

That's funny, this whole time I've thought you were someone else. Well, good luck BWF with your Leafs, lol.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs have started very well this season. It would be cool if they made the playoffs. I would love to see a Sabres VS Leafs series.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs have started very well this season. It would be cool if they made the playoffs. I would love to see a Sabres VS Leafs series.

Sabres vs Leafs: The revenge of Tim Connoly....from his hospital bed

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Its nice what the Leafs are doing, but ultimately, the division will come down to Boston and Buffalo. Montreal has the best shot at taking it from either of them as the third team in.

Perhaps a little more maturing with the Leafs, and maybe I pick them as a contender next year.
Still..they could surprise everyone and make the playoffs THIS year....hockey is awesome. Everybody's got a shot...no matter how slim...it's there. :smile:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice what the Leafs are doing, but ultimately, the division will come down to Boston and Buffalo. Montreal has the best shot at taking it from either of them as the third team in.

Perhaps a little more maturing with the Leafs, and maybe I pick them as a contender next year.
Still..they could surprise everyone and make the playoffs THIS year....hockey is awesome. Everybody's got a shot...no matter how slim...it's there. :smile:

You obviously haven't seen the Islanders play this year. The lottery awaits... again.

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You obviously haven't seen the Islanders play this year. The lottery awaits... again.

Ya, the Isles will struggle as well. I have them last in the Atlantic again...though they do show up to play every night, and any team that takes them lightly will suffer a loss...much like teams can't take the Leafs lightly.

But I don't believe either makes the post season this year. The Leafs..probably next season...the Isles? Hmm..if management doesn't find a way to screw up young up n comers, then maybe next year as well.

We will see.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles will be fine once someone tells them the NHL season starts in October, not January.

Yeah once their out of it they'll be fine.

The one thing that surprises me most about the Leafs start is the lack of a true #1 Center. Kessel & Lupul have been great. Heck Kessel could have had two goals on breakaways tonight alone. Is their any chance Lombardi could assume that spot? Or is it's Timmy's for the keeping until he goes on IR again?

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah once their out of it they'll be fine.

The one thing that surprises me most about the Leafs start is the lack of a true #1 Center. Kessel & Lupul have been great. Heck Kessel could have had two goals on breakaways tonight alone. Is their any chance Lombardi could assume that spot? Or is it's Timmy's for the keeping until he goes on IR again?

Even when healthy, Connoly is not the answer. We still need a number one centre. Right now, Kessel playing out of his mind is carrying us, but he will slump eventually. When he does, here comes the losses.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when healthy, Connoly is not the answer. We still need a number one centre. Right now, Kessel playing out of his mind is carrying us, but he will slump eventually. When he does, here comes the losses.

I don't think so. His teammates picked up the slack tonight. The Leafs do have secondary scoring. The only question is who's the Center Burke's going to go after? I doubt Ottawa would trade Spezza to Toronto unless the Leafs overpaid in a HUGE way. Who else is actually going to be available?