• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your most anticipated film of 2016?

Most anticipated film of 2016

• Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Captain America: Civil War

• Warcraft

• X-Men: Apocalypse

• Suicide Squad

• Deadpool

• Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

• Others (Specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadpool...

Because it feels like I've been waiting for over a decade

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much hate for Affleck considering you haven't seen how he plays Batman. Have you watched the trailer? Voice is a lot better than sore throat Batman Bale
Bale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Affleck

Case closed.

But I'm not saying that Affleck will suck. I'm just not excited for him in that role is all. Nothing wrong with that.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Case closed.

But I'm not saying that Affleck will suck. I'm just not excited for him in that role is all. Nothing wrong with that.
Gotta respect your opinion tho coz I know no one can convince everybody. And IMO Bale wasn't really that good either, Sore Throat Batman. Anw the movie BvS itself should break records

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail Ceasar is a Cohen Brother film so that should kick ass.

Zoolander2-hope this lands a punch.

Seriously making another ride along and fucking barbershop?

Triple9
Neighbors2
Dirty Grandpa
Sausage Party

Lots of other solid looking stuff.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Case closed.

Bale is the superior actor given his range and his chameleon like ability to transform himself. His Bruce Wayne is by far my favorite out of all the live action portrayals. Bale's Batman was more tactical and grounded in realism because of Nolan's world and I loved that. But from what we've seen of Affleck's Batman, he's bigger in stature, uses more of his gadgets (grappling gun, grenade launcher, drones, kryptonite laced suit, potential kryptonite laced batarang, etc), more brutal, and overall seems more bad ass.

I think Affleck will surprise a lot of people as long as they don't go into the theaters with the expectation to hate his Batman/Bruce Wayne no matter what.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta respect your opinion tho coz I know no one can convince everybody. And IMO Bale wasn't really that good either, Sore Throat Batman. Anw the movie BvS itself should break records
Oh I don't doubt that at all. It looks awesome. I didn't care for Bale's "Batman Voice" either, but apart from that he kicked ass in his role. I just can't see Affleck delivering the same amount of emotion that Bale put into that role. But I won't be afraid to admit I am wrong if it comes to that! I have high hopes for that movie, and I doubt even if Affleck puts on an 1-dimensional/average performance it will affect the final product.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bale is the superior actor given his range and his chameleon like ability to transform himself. His Bruce Wayne is by far my favorite out of all the live action portrayals. Bale's Batman was more tactical and grounded in realism because of Nolan's world and I loved that. But from what we've seen of Affleck's Batman, he's bigger in stature, uses more of his gadgets (grappling gun, grenade launcher, drones, kryptonite laced suit, potential kryptonite laced batarang, etc), more brutal, and overall seems more bad ass.

I think Affleck will surprise a lot of people as long as they don't go into the theaters with the expectation to hate his Batman/Bruce Wayne no matter what.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

And I really hope your last statement holds true.

Just out of curiousity, why did they recast Bruce Wayne? I kind of remember someone saying that the Nolan Trilogy has no connection to this new movie? If so, then it makes sense. Also, did Nolan have any part in BvS?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't doubt that at all. It looks awesome. I didn't care for Bale's "Batman Voice" either, but apart from that he kicked ass in his role. I just can't see Affleck delivering the same amount of emotion that Bale put into that role. But I won't be afraid to admit I am wrong if it comes to that! I have high hopes for that movie, and I doubt even if Affleck puts on an 1-dimensional/average performance it will affect the final product.
Skillful way of lining yourself up to say,"this movie was awesome, but Ben affleck sucked in it."

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have said it better myself...

And I really hope your last statement holds true.

Just out of curiousity, why did they recast Bruce Wayne? I kind of remember someone saying that the Nolan Trilogy has no connection to this new movie? If so, then it makes sense. Also, did Nolan have any part in BvS?

Yeah DC's plan is to recreate the DC Universe. One where Batman and Superman can exist in the same world. Nolan's world I think it would have been hard to explain the existence of superheroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, or Aquaman because it was so grounded in realism.

I believe Bale wasn't interested in reprising the role. He once stated that he would continue doing it if Nolan was on board and it was the right script. Guys like Bale and Nolan (particularly Nolan) aren't guys that like to be tied down to one specific project for such a long duration. They probably understood that DC had a vision to eventually bring along The Justice League and that reprising their role would mean being apart of the universe for the next decade or so.

I would have loved to see Bale and Nolan continue. But part of me is glad Nolan is now free to work on any project he desires. Plus DCU is good hands with Snyder who is a true comic book enthusiast and has a great passion and eye for cinematography for these type of films

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah DC's plan is to recreate the DC Universe. One where Batman and Superman can exist in the same world. Nolan's world I think it would have been hard to explain the existence of superheroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, or Aquaman because it was so grounded in realism.

I believe Bale wasn't interested in reprising the role. He once stated that he would continue doing it if Nolan was on board and it was the right script. Guys like Bale and Nolan (particularly Nolan) aren't guys that like to be tied down to one specific project for such a long duration. They probably understood that DC had a vision to eventually bring along The Justice League and that reprising their role would mean being apart of the universe for the next decade or so.

I would have loved to see Bale and Nolan continue. But part of me is glad Nolan is now free to work on any project he desires. Plus DCU is good hands with Snyder who is a true comic book enthusiast and has a great passion and eye for cinematography for these type of films
Good to know all this! Thanks for the update! :suds:

I'm a big fan of Nolan's work, but I agree that it would have been a very big stretch to explain the Justice League in Nolan's "world". But I still think he would have made ends meet in a great way. Bummer, but I'm excited to see what Snyder has for us.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suicide Squad looks like it has potential. Batman vs. Superman looks terrible and I don't have any interest in Star Wars. X-Men and Captain America might be worth watching once.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Batflack will be acceptable. Fucking Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is what bothers me. Just...why?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suicide Squad looks like it has potential. Batman vs. Superman looks terrible and I don't have any interest in Star Wars. X-Men and Captain America might be worth watching once.
Care to explain how BvS looked terrible?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that dislike Affleck. What is it about him that you dislike so much?

Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo were all great films directed by Affleck. And 2 of the 3 he starred in and did a good job (Gone Baby Gone featured Casey). State of Play and Gone Girl were also good films where his acting was good to satisfactory.

So far from what we've seen of BVS Batman looks bad ass. Affleck in terms of stature and size is probably the most accurate to the Batman in the Comics.

I can understand the hate for Affleck early on in his career but he has quickly become one of the better directors out right now. And as an actor he's more than respectable.

I was a bit leery when they first cast Affleck but everything that has been unveiled about Batman has all passed the eye test.

Affleck's face is plastic, rarely conveying the emotion of the scene. As a director, he has been great recently. But you just cherry picked his recent movies, leaving out the bombs & other movies he sucked in. He is just not that good of an actor. In certain roles, his lack of displayed emotion works for him, in others, not so much. Argo & The Town I like both more for the ensemble cast than him as an actor.

He just doesn't work for me as an action star. And I am not buying this Batman or Lex in the new movie. I think they are both miscast. Sure I'll go out & see it, but it's not a movie I am overly anticipating.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Affleck's face is plastic, rarely conveying the emotion of the scene. As a director, he has been great recently. But you just cherry picked his recent movies, leaving out the bombs & other movies he sucked in. He is just not that good of an actor. In certain roles, his lack of displayed emotion works for him, in others, not so much. Argo & The Town I like both more for the ensemble cast than him as an actor.

He just doesn't work for me as an action star. And I am not buying this Batman or Lex in the new movie. I think they are both miscast. Sure I'll go out & see it, but it's not a movie I am overly anticipating.
Didn't you realize that maybe because of his lack of displayed emotions that leads to him being picked as Batman. Batman seems not showy of his emotions if Im not mistaken.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to explain how BvS looked terrible?
Superman is gay and the only way a movie where Affleck has a lead role and it can turn out okay is when he needs someone to carry it for him like Dogma (Damon), Boiler Room (Giovanni Ribisi), or The Town (Renner).

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superman is gay and the only way a movie where Affleck has a lead role and it can turn out okay is when he needs someone to carry it for him like Dogma (Damon), Boiler Room (Giovanni Ribisi), or The Town (Renner).
"Superman is gay ..."

I stopped reading there. Okay then, thanks.