• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your FAVORITE dish to cook!!!...And the recipes...if you don't mind :-)

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a few years on here...I realize that we have such a diverse clientele in both personalities and ethnicities...What are your favorite dishes to cook at home(comfort-wise) and what are the recipes???...I mean the dishes that you call HOME!!! When you make them, smell them, taste them, its a blast from the past...(I think you get it by now lol)...And of course if you don't mind giving up some of your secrects/recipes... :suds:

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken Tarragon

2-4 boneless breasts

brown chicken over medium high heat in a little olive oil and butter. remove and set aside.

medium onion chopped...sweat those till translucent, add a clove of minced garlic. cook till ya smell it. Deglaze with a good dry white wine, chardonnay, whatever...cup of chicken stock, salt, pep. and about 1 good Tablespoon of dried Tarragon. Reduce and add a cup of cream. cook til nappe.

Pour over chicken and whatever...we do oven potatoes, onions, carrots, red peppers en sech

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a few years on here...I realize that we have such a diverse clientele in both personalities and ethnicities...What are your favorite dishes to cook at home(comfort-wise) and what are the recipes???...I mean the dishes that you call HOME!!! When you make them, smell them, taste them, its a blast from the past...(I think you get it by now lol)...And of course if you don't mind giving up some of your secrects/recipes... :suds:

Of course, that's supposed to be secrets and not secrects...Hate stupid typos especially in a post like this...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken Tarragon

2-4 boneless breasts

brown chicken over medium high heat in a little olive oil and butter. remove and set aside.

medium onion chopped...sweat those till translucent, add a clove of minced garlic. cook till ya smell it. Deglaze with a good dry white wine, chardonnay, whatever...cup of chicken stock, salt, pep. and about 1 good Tablespoon of dried Tarragon. Reduce and add a cup of cream. cook til nappe.

Pour over chicken and whatever...we do oven potatoes, onions, carrots, red peppers en sech

Yum, sounds great!!! Have you tried it with fresh tarragon?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old German liver dumpling recipe my grandfather used to make for the major holidays. Its distinct smell and taste is unmistakable. People get turned off by the liver but it doesn't flavor the dish other than the metallic goodness it adds. The smell of the cloves instantly brings me back to childhood. Far and away the family dish and its not even close.

Liver Dumplings

veal liver
eggs
cloves
salt/pepper
celery hearts
medium onion

Blend until smooth. Pour over bread crumbs, mix and roll into round ping-pong ball sized dumplings and simmer in the chicken stock for about 20 mins.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRIE SALMON IN SPICY MANGO SALSA

Sear salmon, then bake while melting brie on top.
Warm a simple mango serrano salsa to spoon over.

Salmon
Brie
Mango
Serrano peppers
-- oil, butter, salt, pepper

Serve with some cilantro white rice.

It's spicy enough to pair with a zinfandel.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sear salmon, then bake while melting brie on top.
Warm a simple mango serrano salsa to spoon over.

Salmon
Brie
Mango
Serrano peppers

It's spicy enough to pair with a zinfandel.

That's a VERY interesting dish!!! For a dish wih so few ingredients...SO many bold flavors!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old German liver dumpling recipe my grandfather used to make for the major holidays. Its distinct smell and taste is unmistakable. People get turned off by the liver but it doesn't flavor the dish other than the metallic goodness it adds. The smell of the cloves instantly brings me back to childhood. Far and away the family dish and its not even close.

Liver Dumplings

veal liver
eggs
cloves
salt/pepper
celery hearts
medium onion

Blend until smooth. Pour over bread crumbs, mix and roll into round ping-pong ball sized dumplings and simmer in the chicken stock for about 20 mins.

Yum, I'm going to have to try this!!! The addition of cloves has me intrigued!!!...

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a VERY interesting dish!!! For a dish wih so few ingredients...SO many bold flavors!!!
We did a top chef challenge among friends: You could only use 5 ingredients [oil, salt, pepper were free].
The salmon in spicy salsa is what I came up with. Many ppl balk at pairing dairy and seafood, but I like it in this case.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did a top chef challenge among friends: You could only use 5 ingredients [oil, salt, pepper were free].
The salmon in spicy salsa is what I came up with. Many ppl balk at pairing dairy and seafood, but I like it in this case.
Plenty of white sauces go just fine with seafood so dairy and seafood can work. Besides, as long as you like it, that's all that matters. I like the simplicity to recipes like yours. Simple yet bold.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to mess up the thread by adding addenda: you want to pick some slightly harder, not-yet-ripe mangos, and cut 3/4" cubes [they'll cook down a bit]. Mince the serranos finely.

I sear the salmon in butter and oil skin up, then flip it and spackle on the brie cheese.

I also add butter to the salsa as I'm warming it in a sauce pan.

I'm no chef, but this dish works very well. I call it "the panty dropper." ;)

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely had my reservations when I read "brie" and "salmon" in the same recipe. Seems very, very rich, but I suppose the mango salsa cuts that quite a bit. Interesting add.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have, but I actually prefer the dried for this particular recipe.
I am with you on dried tarragon and a select few other herbs. Dried has more concentrated flavor so you can use less. Less shit to get stuck in your teeth too.

a9cc6e78df251c381a1f7452ba9e826e.jpg

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, make this dish this weekend, and tell me how it came out for you.

Salmon
Brie
2 firm mangoes [diced]
2 serrano peppers [minced]

Sear salmon skin up, then bake skin down while melting brie on top.
Warm a simple mango serrano salsa to spoon over after plating.

It's spicy enough to pair with a zinfandel

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, make this dish this weekend, and tell me how it came out for you.

Salmon
Brie
2 unripe mangoes [diced]
2 serrano peppers [minced]

Sear salmon skin up, then bake skin down while melting brie on top.
Warm a simple mango serrano salsa to spoon over after plating.

It's spicy enough to pair with a zinfandel

Unripe Mangoes? wow, I'm even more interested now, kind of a Thai thing happening there :nod:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all but given up on fresh mangoes.

I make a really good mango salsa, and its just as good with bottled mangoes in syrup. Syrup drained, of course.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all but given up on fresh mangoes.

I make a really good mango salsa, and its just as good with bottled mangoes in syrup. Syrup drained, of course.

Really? I love fresh mangoes...Even just hacking off a nice big chunk when ripe and eating it plain, yum...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I love fresh mangoes...Even just hacking off a nice big chunk when ripe and eating it plain, yum...

They are hit and miss up here, and are expensive. The bottled ones are always perfectly ripe and cheaper, and easier IMO.