• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You Play to Win the Game

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL coaches play not to lose with big leads. time for it to stop?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most defenses just aren't deep or talented enough to go the distance with 80% of the NFL offenses. They wear down. If they expanded the active roster that's the first place you'd see improvement.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most defenses just aren't deep or talented enough to go the distance with 80% of the NFL offenses. They wear down. If they expanded the active roster that's the first place you'd see improvement.

I agree with this - it seems like defenses aren't as good, and that's not dissing the offenses but defenses don't have the depth because they're either not that good or injuries have limited their depth

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this but I also think it has a lot to do with how coaches handle the play calling once they get a sizable lead. why change anything? if u have a big lead step on their throat instead of worry about running the play clock down every play.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but I also think it has a lot to do with how coaches handle the play calling once they get a sizable lead. why change anything? if u have a big lead step on their throat instead of worry about running the play clock down every play.

I'm going to assume they know more about that sort of thing than I do. Prevent D drives me nuts, but I understand going safe on offense to try to hold onto the ball and eat clock. The Lions have won a couple of games over the last couple of years because their opponent stuck with their game plan and refused to play it safe on offense. One was against the Cowboys... I forget the other. But if, with a big lead, your guy throws a pick or 2 or repeatedly stops the clock with incomplete passes and they wind up losing the fans would be screaming for the coaches head.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lack of depth on defense going up against these fast paced offenses is is why the play calling is what it is. These coaches want to keep the best players on the field, staying aggressive wears down a player and that's how big plays happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain't college...the talent margin is simply to close to really sustain a blow unless the losing team rolls over or has a lot of turnovers.

Nobody rolls over much in the NFL...combine that with that natural letdown factor once you get up big on a team...plus coaches try to shorten the game by running sometimes and it all adds up to comebacks.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget every rule change made in rogers league favors the passing offense. So its easy for a team to come back when they abandon the run.....