• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you may see more of this

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Dunbar who is known as a 2nd tier corner. Yes, I know he starts but was afforded that opportunity with the LAST staff, not this one. Dunbar is no sure-fire starter so go ahead and sit out OTA's, while your job is simply lost to a better suited player for your spot. I could care less about Moreau or Dunbar at the moment as we will surely bring in a FA corner with experience and a rookie corner as well. With the exception of Collins, imo, there are effectively (3) open spots to be won in the secondary. Each of those spots could use an upgrade from what we have. What we have would be good depth.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is you’d think you’d want to be your best in a contract year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster injury should give pause to some people

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is you’d think you’d want to be your best in a contract year.
Nah, seems the thing to do is "sit out" during team activities to send a message I guess. My thought is Dunbar has zero leverage with the new staff and since RR is the acting GM, sitting out will certainly not look good in RR eyes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should NOT be counted on but...nice to have on the shelf under contract, depth as well.
The point is he got hurt during OTAS. Hence the concern

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be on the field to have value. I know, injuries are part of the game. For Dunbar they seem frequent. I like him, I like guys who find a spot in the game but I agree this is not the way to impress your new coaching staff.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be on the field to have value. I know, injuries are part of the game. For Dunbar they seem frequent. I like him, I like guys who find a spot in the game but I agree this is not the way to impress your new coaching staff.
ASHBURN, Va., -- Washington Redskins starting cornerback Quinton Dunbar, dissatisfied with his contract, has requested to be traded or released, a source told ESPN Monday night.

Dunbar, 27, has one year left on his contract, with a base salary of $3.25 million -- none of which is guaranteed. He also has a roster bonus worth up to $250,000. Dunbar had talked with the previous administration about an extension, but a source said there had been no contact with the Redskins since head coach Ron Rivera was hired after the season.

If the Redskins don't honor his request, and no extension is signed before training camp, the source said Dunbar would play out his final season and sign elsewhere.

Dunbar won't participate in spring OTA workouts, the source confirmed. His desire to skip those voluntary sessions was first reported by NBC Sports Washington. Dunbar's contract, plus Reuben Foster's injury, played into that decision. Foster tore multiple ligaments and suffered nerve damage on the first day of OTA work last spring. There's still uncertainty about when Foster will return.

Dunbar spoke with a member of the Redskins' administration Monday evening.

For Dunbar, seeing that injury and knowing his lack of guaranteed money fueled his desire to seek a contract that provided security.

The Redskins already had questions at receiver with Josh Norman a candidate to be released. Norman has one year left on his contract and would save the Redskins $12.43 million if he's cut. Norman was benched late in the season and played only 10 snaps over the final six games combined. The Redskins tried to trade him before the deadline, but there were no takers.

The Redskins signed Dunbar as an undrafted free agent receiver out of Florida. But, in his first camp, they moved him to corner because of his length and speed.

By 2018, Dunbar became a full-time starter and Washington's most consistent corner. However, Dunbar suffered nerve damage in his leg that season, limiting him to seven games. Last year, he played 11 games and ended the season on injured reserve because of a hamstring injury.

The previous staff considered Dunbar one of the game's better starting corners when healthy. Dunbar's side points to him being rated as Pro Football Focus' second highest-rated corner in 2019.

Dunbar's situation will be one of a handful for Rivera and his staff to settle. It remains uncertain if they can work out left tackle Trent Williams' situation. He held out last season, upset with how a medical situation was handled -- but also desired guaranteed money in the final two years of his contract. Williams had requested a trade last year.

I say "CUT HIM"...

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASHBURN, Va., -- Washington Redskins starting cornerback Quinton Dunbar, dissatisfied with his contract, has requested to be traded or released, a source told ESPN Monday night.

Dunbar, 27, has one year left on his contract, with a base salary of $3.25 million -- none of which is guaranteed. He also has a roster bonus worth up to $250,000. Dunbar had talked with the previous administration about an extension, but a source said there had been no contact with the Redskins since head coach Ron Rivera was hired after the season.

If the Redskins don't honor his request, and no extension is signed before training camp, the source said Dunbar would play out his final season and sign elsewhere.

Dunbar won't participate in spring OTA workouts, the source confirmed. His desire to skip those voluntary sessions was first reported by NBC Sports Washington. Dunbar's contract, plus Reuben Foster's injury, played into that decision. Foster tore multiple ligaments and suffered nerve damage on the first day of OTA work last spring. There's still uncertainty about when Foster will return.

Dunbar spoke with a member of the Redskins' administration Monday evening.

For Dunbar, seeing that injury and knowing his lack of guaranteed money fueled his desire to seek a contract that provided security.

The Redskins already had questions at receiver with Josh Norman a candidate to be released. Norman has one year left on his contract and would save the Redskins $12.43 million if he's cut. Norman was benched late in the season and played only 10 snaps over the final six games combined. The Redskins tried to trade him before the deadline, but there were no takers.

The Redskins signed Dunbar as an undrafted free agent receiver out of Florida. But, in his first camp, they moved him to corner because of his length and speed.

By 2018, Dunbar became a full-time starter and Washington's most consistent corner. However, Dunbar suffered nerve damage in his leg that season, limiting him to seven games. Last year, he played 11 games and ended the season on injured reserve because of a hamstring injury.

The previous staff considered Dunbar one of the game's better starting corners when healthy. Dunbar's side points to him being rated as Pro Football Focus' second highest-rated corner in 2019.

Dunbar's situation will be one of a handful for Rivera and his staff to settle. It remains uncertain if they can work out left tackle Trent Williams' situation. He held out last season, upset with how a medical situation was handled -- but also desired guaranteed money in the final two years of his contract. Williams had requested a trade last year.

I say "CUT HIM"...
Stuff like this leads me to believe the hamstring wasn’t serious either

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am kinda at the same point

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, seems the thing to do is "sit out" during team activities to send a message I guess. My thought is Dunbar has zero leverage with the new staff and since RR is the acting GM, sitting out will certainly not look good in RR eyes.

His leverage is he's the best cover CB on the team......by a significant margin it appears as well. @Sportster 72 is on point Dunbar needs to stay on/be on the field to have real value to the Skins, but that Dunbar's a 2nd tier CB talk is some bullshit. They aren't the end all, be all, but PFF had listed Dunbar as one of last year's highest rated CBs in the NFL last year and from the good ol' eye test alone. He was clearly the Skins best CB when he was on the field and it wasn't close.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His leverage is he's the best cover CB on the team......by a significant margin it appears as well. @Sportster 72 is on point Dunbar needs to stay on/be on the field to have real value to the Skins, but that Dunbar's a 2nd tier CB talk is some bullshit. They aren't the end all, be all, but PFF had listed Dunbar as one of last year's highest rated CBs in the NFL last year and from the good ol' eye test alone. He was clearly the Skins best CB when he was on the field and it wasn't close.
Clearly our best corner and 2nd tier. Who gives a sheet what PFF says. Dude is always hurt and hasn't made much of an impact on the defense overall even though he has made a few plays. Your best ability is your availability. Dunbar was the best corner on a real crappy team with absolutely no other good corners. I say UP your expectations a bit.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him wanting more money and sitting out OTAs. But why did this go public? It almost would have been in his favor to do this later in the year.
Now my mind is racing and I'd try to move him and trent together to get a 1st.
I am confident seattle or Cleveland is already willing to give up a 2nd for Trent.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him wanting more money and sitting out OTAs. But why did this go public? It almost would have been in his favor to do this later in the year.
Now my mind is racing and I'd try to move him and trent together to get a 1st.
I am confident seattle or Cleveland is already willing to give up a 2nd for Trent.
It would seem Dunbar approached the new régime about an extension or guaranteed money and the new régime said no, you have a contract. Dunbar most likely didn't like the answer and went public, "trade or release me", to which I say, you don't want to be here, ok, we will try trading you however, if no takers, you can sit behind the next starter.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem Dunbar approached the new régime about an extension or guaranteed money and the new régime said no, you have a contract. Dunbar most likely didn't like the answer and went public, "trade or release me", to which I say, you don't want to be here, ok, we will try trading you however, if no takers, you can sit behind the next starter.

ok, that makes sense.
man tough side of the business

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3