• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You can't have it both ways RG3.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe London Fletcher made a good point that Griffin "earned a right to be out there playing"
I think both the coach and the quarterback may have gotten caught up in the moment of winning.
A solid lead on a quality team in the playoffs!!!, it could have clouded everyone's judgement.
Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

Also as mentioned they both were at fault, move on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that if they had kept RG3 in and ran a far more conservative offense relying heavily on the run (not of RG3), and let him pick key spots to make a throw, he pulls it out. It's a lot to put on a rookie but I think he has that instinct that you can't teach to just keep stepping up when it is needed. He should be handing the ball off on a lot more plays than they had him do, and holding the ball far less.

That's something you can do with that kind of guy. I think that's who RG3 is, but they put far more than should be put on anyone on him.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're dead wrong. They were teeing off on Morris when it was evident that RG3 was no longer a threat. Conservative wouldn't have won the game. Problem was RG3 couldn't run, and he couldn't push off to throw down field. He would have been a sitting duck in the pocket with very little ability to do much. He needed to come out, especially on a chewed up field. Hell, the play where he did himself was directly after the snap as he was dropping back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question

did anyone call for the head of the head coach of the chargers when he let phillip rivers play on a torn ACL for a game and a half ? i sure didnt hear it ? didnt that coach take the future of his franchise and gamble with it ? did the player gamble it ? did the medical staff ?

i think coach shanahan tried to balance the teams need to win , his qb stating he could play , and the medical staff saying he wouldnt do anymore damage and he made a call . in hindsight it was wrong and he did get hurt .

you have to let your qb show his mettle out there and as LBF said RG3 earned the right to play

now we have a HC who knows he made a mistake and is trying to do the right thing and we have a player who is chomping at the bit to get back . that is all it is and nothing more

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been perfectly OK with pulling him. I think the statement earlier in the thread that he "earned the right to be there" is accurate though. If you do put him on the field you don't do it how they did it.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, earning the right to be there meant surgery on his ACL after the game. It sounds cool on TV to say it but then you look at reality and it sounds cliche.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, earning the right to be there meant surgery on his ACL after the game. It sounds cool on TV to say it but then you look at reality and it sounds cliche.

I believe Fletcher's statement was more so, he had the right to play hurt...the right as a captain to fight for his team, he earned it. Of course Fletcher nor Griffin himself didn't count on not being able to finish the game.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Fletcher's statement was more so, he had the right to play hurt...the right as a captain to fight for his team, he earned it. Of course Fletcher nor Griffin himself didn't count on not being able to finish the game.

Not only not finishing the game. But we're talking about knee ligament tears and potential career threatening stuff. He's made a huge recovery but it could have been at a much greater cost than just being held back a little in training camp.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a chance you seriously consider letting him take, at a minimum.