• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You best watch out STANFORD!

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford fans will be jumping off bridges from the recent built new Bay bridge, to the Golden Gate, to the San Mateo. They will probably start standing in line for spots around noontime. It will surely effect the evening commute, and that is before game time.

It is my understanding that the Bay Area is triple shifting their suicide hotlines for this event.

Hyperbole much?.............I don't think so!

You fail to realize even with a loss to the Ducks, if the Ducks and Stanford win out from there, then Stanford gets the Rose Bowl again. No one at Stanford would mind 2 years in a row at that game, especially after losing to Utah. Your schtick would work better had it centered on Utah immediately after that loss. Stanford already blew its shot at the NCG, this game is for pride, against a team even most honest Stanford fans think will win given how the teams have played of late.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my understanding that the Bay Area is triple shifting their suicide hotlines for this event.

Nobody in the bay cares about local college football teams, despite there being 3 FBS teams. So you'd be wrong.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the bay cares about local college football teams, despite there being 3 FBS teams. So you'd be wrong.

He lives in the Bay Area. Has since his college days at UofO I believe.

davidd2152

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohooo there is another one of us.

Another injury update. Looks like Devon Cajuste will play in a limited role. Probably mostly third down passing situations.

David

EverybodyDuck

Big Johnson
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, they care, the problem is their teams generally suck, thus there is an entrenched apathy that only Stanford breaks through every other decade.

If Stanford goes to the Rose Bowl because they launched Oregon into the NCG, I couldn't be happier for you.

Despite what you might think, I like Stanford. A tailgate under the oak trees in the Fall at Stanford is as good as it gets.

I hate the new stadium. It was thrown up overnight and seems like a cheap erector set from Toys-R-Us. Proximity to field is much improved, but the old end zone seats for $10 bucks a pop provided a lot of memories in the old place.

Hate Maples.

They're saying this is the biggest and most expensive Stanford game ever.........Stanford fans are already killing themselves, although the deaths are currently being logged as overdoses.

Besides, Oregon has a secret weapon. If we bully you, you will go fetal and surrender............

JK.......I'm on Martin's side!!!!!!!!!!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line for THIS game has dropped to 10pts for the Ducks from 11.5 when the lines came out.

What the hell does THAT tell you boyz from UO?

Money swinging to the Cards side with that high opening line of 11.5.:yahoo:

Gonna be a goodie in my OP! Hold on to your sunny Cali surf shirts and keep your gowns down duckies...NOBODY said it was gonna be easy...cept for ALL the Oregon boyz that is.:suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line for THIS game has dropped to 10pts for the Ducks from 11.5 when the lines came out.

Gonna be a goodie in my OP! Hold on to your sunny Cali surf shirts and keep your gowns down duckies...NOBODY said it was gonna be easy...cept for ALL the Oregon boyz that is.:suds:

To move the points like that means some nearly 2 million has been put down on the spread. That tells me that someone with money has seen the point difference might be very close.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The line opened at 7 points

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lives in the Bay Area. Has since his college days at UofO I believe.

Then he should know that the majority of people who live there and care about college football are fans of other teams. The 49'rs and Raiders are the big football teams there.

Did you see Ohio St fans at the Cal game? It's not from Ohio St fans traveling, it's likely from the ones that live in the area.

Just my experience there. I'm sure they have fans that live in the area, I knew a few. But overwhelmingly not the majority, as it would be in say Tuscaloosa.

EverybodyDuck

Big Johnson
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should know that the majority of people who live there and care about college football are fans of other teams. The 49'rs and Raiders are the big football teams there.

Did you see Ohio St fans at the Cal game? It's not from Ohio St fans traveling, it's likely from the ones that live in the area.

Just my experience there. I'm sure they have fans that live in the area, I knew a few. But overwhelmingly not the majority, as it would be in say Tuscaloosa.

I have Raider tickets also..at times, they are hard to give away. Leave two under the windshield and when you come back, there are four.

Truth of it is, football is only one of the entertainment venues available, and by no means the most popular. The Niners have the most support.

The Giants do well when they're winning, the A's struggle with attendance when they're winning.

The Bay Area is the least fanatical sports fans of any area I have ever seen. There are some serious sports fans, but not a lot of us.

Not to slight Tuscaloosa, but there is a whole lot more happening in the Bay Area fighting for the entertainment dollar.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Raider tickets also..at times, they are hard to give away. Leave two under the windshield and when you come back, there are four.

Truth of it is, football is only one of the entertainment venues available, and by no means the most popular. The Niners have the most support.

The Giants do well when they're winning, the A's struggle with attendance when they're winning.

The Bay Area is the least fanatical sports fans of any area I have ever seen. There are some serious sports fans, but not a lot of us.

Not to slight Tuscaloosa, but there is a whole lot more happening in the Bay Area fighting for the entertainment dollar.

I spent the past decade in San Jose, so I know all about it. ;)

Funny about Raiders tickets.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong.

The line opened at 7. Wize guys bet heavy money on Oregon. Moved it to 11. Now the public bets came in... (The dolts) and bet it back down to 10.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

The line opened at 7. Wize guys bet heavy money on Oregon. Moved it to 11. Now the public bets came in... (The dolts) and bet it back down to 10.

Musta been those 2 UO just suspended soph CBB players selling off their Nike sports gear that was given to them. Diddn't realize the value of that gear.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

So uncle Phil went to the bank?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So uncle Phil went to the bank?

oh-boy.gif

EverybodyDuck

Big Johnson
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that people have failed to recognize in these threads is.............Oregon has the best, as in #1 defense in the PAC 12.......NOT Stanford.

Couple that with Oregon #1 offense in the PAC 12 with Stanford, who cares the ranking.....

Now, how is Stanford going to win, again?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that people have failed to recognize in these threads is.............Oregon has the best, as in #1 defense in the PAC 12.......NOT Stanford.

Couple that with Oregon #1 offense in the PAC 12 with Stanford, who cares the ranking.....

they arent.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How bout THIS idea then...

Let Oregon's #1 D play against Oregon's #1 Offense in Palo Alto, fuck the Cards and the game. Hellva "practice" game to watch on ESPN tomorrow nite!

crickets...