• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yo those who said KC wouldn’t have signed

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally shocked that a person would think they should stay where they were successful and put in 6 years of their life because 28 million is so much more than 26.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-24_21-30-29.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-24_21-30-29.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I've been a KC supporter since the get go, its a bit late to be offering this revelation now. He should have be more forthcoming with this position before the offseason hit. Danny is driven by money. If KC would have been more open about wanting to stay, the fan base would have rallied and Dan would have responded. I get the poker face during negations, but, as said above, is $28M vs $26M really that big of a deal?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I've been a KC supporter since the get go, its a bit late to be offering this revelation now. He should have be more forthcoming with this position before the offseason hit. Danny is driven by money. If KC would have been more open about wanting to stay, the fan base would have rallied and Dan would have responded. I get the poker face during negations, but, as said above, is $28M vs $26M really that big of a deal?

Yet, we didn’t even offer that to Kurt, I mean Kirk. We don’t even know if KC told them a price, and we won’t. BA won’t let that information slip. Also, the AS trade was made rather early in the process. You can’t blame KC for wanting to see what his actual market value was, after being told in consecutive years, you aren’t worth what market value claims. After all, that is what FA is about and the cap.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that would cost him money by doing that , the skins FO should have been more forthcoming and offered him a market value contract

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the time to sign him was 2 years ago. they both had a pissing match and here we are

Time to move on

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wish I could have clicked on the "winner" emoji 10 times for this post. Good job!!

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too as a fan and supporter of Cousin's have to question the article saying he wanted to stay here. I think he got screwed over by SM, BA, JG and Snyder. Having said that their ineptitude and his play got his salary jacked up. If he wanted to stay here you don't tell them "I want to see what happens in the free agent market." By the time 2017 ended I don't think either side Negotiated in good faith. The big era was in 2015 and 2016 when the FO kept saying "prove it."

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too as a fan and supporter of Cousin's have to question the article saying he wanted to stay here. I think he got screwed over by SM, BA, JG and Snyder. Having said that their ineptitude and his play got his salary jacked up. If he wanted to stay here you don't tell them "I want to see what happens in the free agent market." By the time 2017 ended I don't think either side Negotiated in good faith. The big era was in 2015 and 2016 when the FO kept saying "prove it."

th

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the horses mouth said he would .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kirk wanted us, we didn't want him. When we wanted Kirk, he didn't want us.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kirk wanted us, we didn't want him. When we wanted Kirk, he didn't want us.

And as Frank Zappa would say "that is the crux of the biscuit." The time to sign him was earlier, not later. His salary was only going to go down if he sucked. So, the front office screwed this up for the beginning.

You knew from the time he ran over to SM in 2016 and said "how do you like me now" he took the Redskins stance personally. In the off season SM was let go and BA said here is a substandard contract offer and he tried to paint it like they were doing Cousin's a favor. This is the same crap they did to Antonio Pierce and Ryan Clark and I am forgetting others.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have kept Stan Humphreys and Trent Green and Nate SUDFIELD but meh fuck Kirk

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have kept Stan Humphreys and Trent Green and Nate SUDFIELD but meh fuck Kirk

Interesting that you've mentioned Humphreys and Green, because I've always seen Kirk as a QB who's talent falls somewhere between the two.

Oh shit Sty, now you've gone and started something again. :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I likened Cousin's and his contract situation to Trent Green in 2015. At that time I said "please don't let this happen again." They did not … they kept him for two additional years before letting Cousin's go. :yes:

I liked Trent and was sad we let him go. 2003-2005 his stats most resembled Cousin's but Cousin's was still a bit better. Humphries never had stats close to Cousin's final three seasons here.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the skins problem

1.can not stay healthy

2 . Poor play calling

3. Unprepared at times

I personally think this is gruden and the other coaches last year I have a feeling or it could just be gas idk .. I know it's just preseason but I watched alot of other teams play and we don't even come close they way other teams are looking right now I watch the pats get there ass kicked and the pats still looked better then redskins did .. get the transcripts to gruden Sunday press Conference he said he is not even going to game plan vs the Ravens is this even fair for the players going in to a game blind ??? POINT IS I DON'T THINK KIRK BEING HERE WOULD MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERNCE .

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the skins problem

1.can not stay healthy

2 . Poor play calling

3. Unprepared at times

I personally think this is gruden and the other coaches last year I have a feeling or it could just be gas idk .. I know it's just preseason but I watched alot of other teams play and we don't even come close they way other teams are looking right now I watch the pats get there ass kicked and the pats still looked better then redskins did .. get the transcripts to gruden Sunday press Conference he said he is not even going to game plan vs the Ravens is this even fair for the players going in to a game blind ??? POINT IS I DON'T THINK KIRK BEING HERE WOULD MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERNCE .

I agree with a lot of what you just said coach. We know that despite Cousin's having good statistical success the team was still about a .500 team. Some of us have detailed over the past few year that defensive stand here or a made FG there might have contributed to another couple of wins each year.

It is only preseason, and I think Smith will play better once they start game planning but has this team changed? Will they score TDs instead of FGs now. Will the defense be better? Wil the team be better prepared for necessary games? Maybe all this is just part of Gruden being the coach. Stay tuned, we start to find out in less than two weeks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
preseason is what it is . i would hit panic mode over things , but it all goes down to reps in real games and i think we fell short with smith

i could be wrong , i hope i am wrong but its concerning

also the hype around AP is out of control . i hope we get 600 yds from him at 4.3 yds per clip but one good preseason outing does not a season make