• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yo Shark!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you aren't directing that at me as I haven't said anything about Jones specifically. Now, do I think he is a good RB? Not yet. He runs too upright and doesn't have the best cut back ability. He also doesn't break as many tackles as I would expect for a guy his size. But yesterday he did OK when given the chance. He wasn't the problem. The play calling was.

Bingo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - why am I reading certain posts here that basically state that Jones is horrible when he ran for 61 yds on 13 carries & TD. Is it somehow his fault that they abandoned the run? They tried to portray Morris as a victor yesterday & he had the good TD run but did nothing otherwise. I don't get it.

Might be because aside from the 14 yarder yesterday he has done jack shit nadda? When we have needed 3 yards on a 3rd down, he has come up with two. And yes if they have no confidence in the run game to the point where they would put in Thompson in goal line situations... yea to a degree it is his fault.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might i suggest some rewatch the game and see what Dallas was running as coverage once Washington basically decided they werent going to run any more. I count a few times where Reed was triple covered, and they all but took Jackson out of the game. Yes Kirk had all day to throw it quite a few times, but those were mainly times where Dallas rushed four, or even three, and dropped the rest into zones.

As some one mentioned, if you are one dimensional and predictable, it does make it a bit easier to defend against.

In particular go look at the INT again... Dallas Rushed four and dropped 7 into the zone in a situation where we lined up five wide. Yes the throw was on Kirk, but after two missed fades, that was the most predictable play call we could have ever tried, and we paid for it.
Think about that. We ran out 5 receivers. They had 7 in coverage. Thats 12 bodies in a very small space. Its not hard to imagine it looked like keystone cops running around in a barrel. Perfect time for a QB draw.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - Jones isn't perfect but he doesn't have to be the next AP. Just good enough to at least be somewhat of a threat & keep the defense honest to avoid the problems that several have mentioned here.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be because aside from the 14 yarder yesterday he has done jack shit nadda? When we have needed 3 yards on a 3rd down, he has come up with two. And yes if they have no confidence in the run game to the point where they would put in Thompson in goal line situations... yea to a degree it is his fault.

So what do you suggest moving forward? Abandon the running game completely? Throw in the towel for the season? Trade the farm for a RB? I think that we have all complained enough for now - want to see how whatever can be fixed this season can be done in everyone's opinion. My suggestion is to keep running the ball regardless to establish some type of balance.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are not being fair. Nobody is insisting our QB be better than Tom Brady. But I don't think it's asking too much for our QB to hit wide open receivers, perform better than 1 TD, 3 INTs, not wilt when the competition gets stronger and actually be the reason we win instead of a big reason we lose. If you think this is unique to this fanbase you would be incorrect..

While I agree that those things are not unrealistic to ask of "A" QB, to me that is irrelevant to our team. The more pertinent question is.....is it unrealistic to ask of THIS Particular QB? His history says that, he's inconsistent in hitting wide open targets, especially deep. He does wilt when facing greater competition, so far, and he does have prior to last year an uneven ratio TD to INT ratio.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Kirk is being asked to throw against a defense dropping 7 into coverage. I don't know how any QB could survive facing such a challenge.

OK OK before anyone gets their feelings hurt I am kidding.

Sorta.

:D

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I can get off of Kirk for a minute how about our DC sending one of our best pass rushers Preston Smith into coverage on 3rd and 8 when it was obvious that he is lost in coverage?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you suggest moving forward? Abandon the running game completely? Throw in the towel for the season? Trade the farm for a RB? I think that we have all complained enough for now - want to see how whatever can be fixed this season can be done in everyone's opinion. My suggestion is to keep running the ball regardless to establish some type of balance.

If it were me, I would run Jones til he either gets it or breaks, realizing he will probably break first. Then insert the next guy and the next guy. Sit some of these Weapons down for a few plays, bring in the wide loads and make teams honor the run. Stop trying to force the deep ball, and have Kirk play to his strong suite, quick hitters to the TEs and in the flats, with a little deep ball and play action sprinkled in. As we know the defense sucks (DGF said so) we need to get back to Redskins football, control the time of possession and keep them as fresh as possible.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were me, I would run Jones til he either gets it or breaks, realizing he will probably break first. Then insert the next guy and the next guy. Sit some of these Weapons down for a few plays, bring in the wide loads and make teams honor the run. Stop trying to force the deep ball, and have Kirk play to his strong suite, quick hitters to the TEs and in the flats, with a little deep ball and play action sprinkled in. As we know the defense sucks (DGF said so) we need to get back to Redskins football, control the time of possession and keep them as fresh as possible.

Sounds good for the most part. Obviously Gruden is hearing all the rumblings about this & you would like to believe that he will adjust to a degree. If not - he is probably sealing his fate.

BTW - nothing personal. We are all just venting & we all know that this shit is getting old.