• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yo Shark!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll might poo poo this as evidence of a shoddy media or the media trying to make trouble. I'm tellin you though, bruh. If anyone else is on the "Its not KC's fault. " bandwagon wiyh you. Its gotta be Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles cuz everyone else has seen the same thing relating to Cousins.

Gruden: Can't put loss to Cowboys all on Kirk Cousins

With Washington losing its first two games at home, the reports of locker room grumbling will begin. It's understandable for players -- especially a talented group of receivers -- to be frustrated when a $19.95 million quarterback plays like a $2 million QB. After games like Sunday, it's clear why Washington management wouldn't give Cousins a huge, long-term extension.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the nature of the beast... had we won, people would be glossing his performance over as well he is just knocking the rust off.

We lost, and QB is almost always prime reason numero uno.

Forget shoddy play calling, a ground game that aside from one 14 yard TD run was basically pathetic. Forget a defense that gave up multiple 3rd and long plays as well as a couple of critical 4th and 1 plays.

I admit Kirk had a bad couple of games. And while you can say he is a big part of the reason we lost... in what world does a QB who lead his team to 23 points, get the majority of the blame for a lose when the other team put up 27 points??

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very simple guys. Of course Kirk was not the only reason we lost, he was just the biggest. As I said in another thread I just heard it was Kirk who checked into those infamous fade patterns. Som take that one off the coaches and put it on the guy who couldn't hit wide open receivers with plenty of time.

Name me one other player who had as big of a effect on the game's results. Breeland was bad again but he sure didn't cost us 3 easy TDs and at least 3 pts with a pick in the end one. Was any player on defense solely responsible for 3 TDs?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very simple guys. Of course Kirk was not the only reason we lost, he was just the biggest. As I said in another thread I just heard it was Kirk who checked into those infamous fade patterns. Som take that one off the coaches and put it on the guy who couldn't hit wide open receivers with plenty of time.

Name me one other player who had as big of a effect on the game's results. Breeland was bad again but he sure didn't cost us 3 easy TDs and at least 3 pts with a pick in the end one. Was any player on defense solely responsible for 3 TDs?

And here is the main reason I disagree. We lost because the Defense gave up 27 points. As bad as Kirk played, our offense put up 23 points. If our defense could manage to stop Dallas on maybe one or two of those third and 8+ or even on 4th down, we are looking at a different outcome. Did Kirk miss some plays?? Yes. Did he throw a soul crushing pick in the end zone, again yes he did. But Kirk didnt let Dallas march 80 yards down the field and punch it in for the game winner. I think we can all agree the INT should have never been thrown, but I find it funny no one thinks five wide on third and goal shouldnt have even been called in that situation to begin with. Especially since we had already wiffed on the fade routes on 1st and 2nd down.

What Im hoping from Kirk is that he sits back, relaxes and takes what the defense gives him going forward. If he is completing 65% or more of his passes and we are still getting butt raped to the tune of 32.5 points a game, maybe then some people will start to admit, the biggest reason we are losing is not the QB.

But some how I doubt that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But shark everyone knew that even with Romo out their offense was their strength and our defense is our weakness. So giving up 27 points was kind of expected. Again in no way am I excusing our defense but they played about as well as expected. I mean a lot of people had the rookie running for 200 yards, instead he ran for only 83.

On the other side of the coin you have our franchise QB. His play will be the single biggest factor in determining our future. Again no other single player has a bigger impact on the game than the starting QB. He is going against an equally bad Dallas defense. Hell they are probably worse than ours. He had good protection and guys wide open and he missed them. Over and over he missed them and this can not happen. Prescott didn't miss open guys. Our "franchise QB" was just outplayed by a 4th round rookie.

He audibles to fade patterns that never work. He misses a wide open Pierre at the 1 and they once again settle for field goals. Hell if our FG kicker wasn't perfect this game would have looked much worse for Kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... you just basically said... its OK that our defense gave up 27 points. If we are going to live or die on the arm of Cousins, then the deck is stacked against him period. Which is partially why Im serious why i say they should just be done with it, put in Colt and get ready to draft a QB. Because in no other fan base, would people come out and say, its ok that the defense gave up 27 points because thats what we expected... but that QB... well now he is the number one reason we are 0-2.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... you just basically said... its OK that our defense gave up 27 points. If we are going to live or die on the arm of Cousins, then the deck is stacked against him period. Which is partially why Im serious why i say they should just be done with it, put in Colt and get ready to draft a QB. Because in no other fan base, would people come out and say, its ok that the defense gave up 27 points because thats what we expected... but that QB... well now he is the number one reason we are 0-2.

What fan here is saying that they have no issue w/ the defense? We all know that there are defensive issues. Why does one have to be related to the other? The defense sucked & so did Cousins. Why is that so difficult to comprehend? Cousins & the game plan perhaps can be corrected. The defense? Only so much can be done this season - the rest will have to be done over time. I am not going to go crazy worrying about that. Oh well.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is the main reason I disagree. We lost because the Defense gave up 27 points. As bad as Kirk played, our offense put up 23 points. If our defense could manage to stop Dallas on maybe one or two of those third and 8+ or even on 4th down, we are looking at a different outcome. Did Kirk miss some plays?? Yes. Did he throw a soul crushing pick in the end zone, again yes he did. But Kirk didnt let Dallas march 80 yards down the field and punch it in for the game winner. I think we can all agree the INT should have never been thrown, but I find it funny no one thinks five wide on third and goal shouldnt have even been called in that situation to begin with. Especially since we had already wiffed on the fade routes on 1st and 2nd down.

What Im hoping from Kirk is that he sits back, relaxes and takes what the defense gives him going forward. If he is completing 65% or more of his passes and we are still getting butt raped to the tune of 32.5 points a game, maybe then some people will start to admit, the biggest reason we are losing is not the QB.

But some how I doubt that.

When the offense could've easily had 35 or 40 points yea it's fair to be pretty critical of Kirk. They put up 23 much more in spite of him than anything else. And more points were on the table but he couldn't hit wrs.

If Kirk keeps playing as he is and we finish the season giving up 32.5 points per game we have a lot of problems. But the d being bad doesn't excuse Kirk's poor play.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you dont think everyone here isn't critical of the defense idk what to tell you. There are criticisms being made across the board by pretty much everyone. Kirk doesn't get excused from those criticisms and neither does the defense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you dont think everyone here isn't critical of the defense idk what to tell you. There are criticisms being made across the board by pretty much everyone. Kirk doesn't get excused from those criticisms and neither does the defense.

I have not said he should be excused. Just pointing out that some have excused the Defense and coaching as well as game plan by saying the main reason we lost was the QB. IM hoping they move on rather quickly at this point.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not said he should be excused. Just pointing out that some have excused the Defense and coaching as well as game plan by saying the main reason we lost was the QB. IM hoping they move on rather quickly at this point.

The main reason they lost the Cowboys game was Cousins - it was not the only reason. The main reason they lost the Steelers game was not Cousins. The main reason they won many games last season was Cousins. This is from an objective pt of view. Whether folks move on depends if Cousins plays better and if they change offensive gameplan somewhat. If we see a repeat of yesterday many fans will - rightfully so - still blame him.

Simply put - if Cousins completes 2 of those 3 deep passes & doesn't throw the pick they win. Not hard to figure out & it doesn't make any of us bad fans, anti-Cousins or unreasonable.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason they lost the Cowboys game was Cousins - it was not the only reason. The main reason they lost the Steelers game was not Cousins. The main reason they won many games last season was Cousins. This is from an objective pt of view. Whether folks move on depends if Cousins plays better and if they change offensive gameplan somewhat. If we see a repeat of yesterday many fans will - rightfully so - still blame him.

Simply put - if Cousins completes 2 of those 3 deep passes & doesn't throw the pick they win. Not hard to figure out & it doesn't make any of us bad fans, anti-Cousins or unreasonable.

Then we will simply disagree. Did Cousins have a bad game? Yes. But if the defense could have done their jobs, we win that game despite Cousins having a bad game.

Its a beautiful thing to be in a must win situation in week three dont you think?

By the way, I got us losing 34 to 23 With Cousins throwing for 340 and a TD with an INT and around a 70% completion percentage.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is Shark there is one person more than any other on this team that will shape our future. It's not a nose tackle, it's not a linebacker, Hell it's not even the defensive coordinator. And that person is the one making $20 million on a one year "prove it" deal. If he fails, or plays the way he has (just good enough to get you beat) then we are screwed. There is no Plan B so we are starting over. Again.

So yeah I judge Kirk differently than I do Mason Foster because he is much much more important to the team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is Shark there is one person more than any other on this team that will shape our future. It's not a nose tackle, it's not a linebacker, Hell it's not even the defensive coordinator. And that person is the one making $20 million on a one year "prove it" deal. If he fails, or plays the way he has (just good enough to get you beat) then we are screwed. There is no Plan B so we are starting over. Again.

So yeah I judge Kirk differently than I do Mason Foster because he is much much more important to the team.

To me thats the problem, and why I really do hope they just end it soon with Kirk. Aside from being Tom Brady times 1.5, he cant win win this team and fan base.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me thats the problem, and why I really do hope they just end it soon with Kirk. Aside from being Tom Brady times 1.5, he cant win win this team and fan base.
Nah, what we need to see is some corrections from our QB (which ARE possible) and something other than 'the sky is falling' from our fan base after 2 games.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that you are too attached to Cousins (or against certain other players/coaches). I have no doubt that if the same thing were occurring & it was RG3 you would be singing a completely different tune. As for the fan base - trust me most don't care about the name on the back of the jersey. Just make the damn plays or at least minimize the mistakes. It is not as if Cousins has not had issues in the past. We were only hoping that his issues were behind him. You act like somehow Cousins is being unfairly treated. Sorry -that goes along with being an NFL QB and being paid almost $20 million (fair or not).

Cousins can still right this ship to a degree regardless of the defense. You are correct about the play calling and again I think that this can work somewhat with the rt philosophy with the current players on this team (including Jones).

BTW - as a Redskins fan I will never be deliberately rooting against the team so I will have to disagree with your overall take.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins plays well the next 2 weeks and we win, these first two games will be an afterthought for most of us.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you are too attached to Cousins (or against certain other players/coaches). I have no doubt that if the same thing were occurring & it was RG3 you would be singing a completely different tune. As for the fan base - trust me most don't care about the name on the back of the jersey. Just make the damn plays or at least minimize the mistakes. It is not as if Cousins has not had issues in the past. We were only hoping that his issues were behind him. You act like somehow Cousins is being unfairly treated. Sorry -that goes along with being an NFL QB and being paid almost $20 million (fair or not).

Cousins can still right this ship to a degree regardless of the defense. You are correct about the play calling and again I think that this can work somewhat with the rt philosophy with the current players on this team (including Jones).

BTW - as a Redskins fan I will never be deliberately rooting against the team so I will have to disagree with your overall take.

If this were RG3, half the people saying we need to see more would be throwing coaches, players and Obama under the bus. I dont think Cousins is being unfairly treated. I do think expectations are a bit out of whack though. I never expected him to be Brady, I did expect some one along the second tier that the team could win with provided we have the right players around him on BOTH sides of the ball. Still think he could be that Andy Dalton/Alex Smith type. But I dont think the fan base at large will settle for that unless we are actually winning games, and unless we are winning games primarily because of him, some fans still wont be satisfied.

Side note, if Tyrod Taylor can get $18 million a year, I dont think PAying Kirk would have been too out of whack. But who knows, maybe we are better off waiting to see how the season ends ( my bet is 4-12) and then chasing the next big thing.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were RG3, half the people saying we need to see more would be throwing coaches, players and Obama under the bus. I dont think Cousins is being unfairly treated. I do think expectations are a bit out of whack though. I never expected him to be Brady, I did expect some one along the second tier that the team could win with provided we have the right players around him on BOTH sides of the ball. Still think he could be that Andy Dalton/Alex Smith type. But I dont think the fan base at large will settle for that unless we are actually winning games, and unless we are winning games primarily because of him, some fans still wont be satisfied.

Side note, if Tyrod Taylor can get $18 million a year, I dont think PAying Kirk would have been too out of whack. But who knows, maybe we are better off waiting to see how the season ends ( my bet is 4-12) and then chasing the next big thing.

For most fans winning - including winning ugly & having issues - is enough. The pt is not whether Cousins wins games - just not having him lose games or be one of the main reasons for the loss. Prescott was not incredible but he did enough to win & didn't make mistakes (and their defense is just as bad - running game obviously better but even they had some issues in that area). I have to ask you - does a QB have to be Brady or Rodgers to complete passes to wide open receivers?

I think that you are wrong about RG3. Beyond a very few RG3 backers most fans gave up on him ages ago & would not be standing up for him at this time. Cousins provided us with hope in this area & may still come through. Regardless of how the season ends I believe that the Redskins did the rt thing by signing him to a 1 year deal & I am not wishing for the Redskins to lose the remainder of their games. You are somehow acting like fans are wrong for coming down on Cousins in this case & again I hope that he comes through in the weeks ahead & proves us wrong.

HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most fans winning - including winning ugly & having issues - is enough. The pt is not whether Cousins wins games - just not having him lose games or be one of the main reasons for the loss. Prescott was not incredible but he did enough to win & didn't make mistakes (and their defense is just as bad - running game obviously better but even they had some issues in that area). I have to ask you - does a QB have to be Brady or Rodgers to complete passes to wide open receivers?

I think that you are wrong about RG3. Beyond a very few RG3 backers most fans gave up on him ages ago & would not be standing up for him at this time. Cousins provided us with hope in this area & may still come through. Regardless of how the season ends I believe that the Redskins did the rt thing by signing him to a 1 year deal & I am not wishing for the Redskins to lose the remainder of their games. You are somehow acting like fans are wrong for coming down on Cousins in this case & again I hope that he comes through in the weeks ahead & proves us wrong.

HTTR

Just a couple of quick questions??

1. When did I say I hope we lose the rest of our games?? Saying I expect us to suck, and hoping for it are two totally different things. I hope we go on a 14-0 run and make the playoffs. From what i have seen thus far, and based on the rest of the schedule.. I expect us to lose 12 more games starting with this Sunday.

2. How is my opinion that many fans are unrealistic in their expectation of ANY QB winning when tasked with 75% of a predictable one sided offense plan?? I have said many times Cousins could have and should have played better. But to have people say stuff like, we ll we expected the defense to suck and we lost primarily because of Cousins.... yea that does rub me the wrong way.