• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YLOD? Seriously?! Argh!

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came back after PS3 was turned off for two weeks and bam!

:smash:

:faint:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...happened to me a year ago. Was it the fat PS3? There's really nothing you can do but buy another one. I wouldn't send it in. The most they can do is a temporary fix. Sucks

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...happened to me a year ago. Was it the fat PS3? There's really nothing you can do but buy another one. I wouldn't send it in. The most they can do is a temporary fix. Sucks

This, unless it's still under warranty. I'd get a new system before paying them to fix it.

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Same thing happened to me 3 months ago. I'm still thinking of getting it fixed just to transfer the saves off of it.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's fat. nothing important saved on it - i mostly used it for blu-ray and streaming from ps3mediaserver...and the occasional football (read: soccer) games or checking out demos...

:L

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's fat. nothing important saved on it - i mostly used it for blu-ray and streaming from ps3mediaserver...and the occasional football (read: soccer) games or checking out demos...

Why didn't you just say soccer? This is America, holmes.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't you just say soccer? This is America, holmes.

i also don't understand typing out the word football just to type out the word soccer as well too

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it seems to happen a lot with the older fat PS3's. I don't believe the slim's have this problem, or it just doesn't happen as often. I read somewhere that if you send it it, there's no guarantee it won't happen again in the future. There are also video's on youtube on how to fix it yourself. It requires taking your PS3 apart and you'll need a heat gun with some cream. IMO, you'd be better off just buying a new one.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the YLOD fix when mine bit the dust after about 5 years of heavy use. It fixed it for about two weeks until I got drunk one night and fell asleep with it still on. When I woke up it yellow lighted again. Idk how long it would have lasted without leaving it on all night, but it sure didn't help it. Oh well, 5 years is pretty good for these new gaming systems I guess.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the YLOD fix when mine bit the dust after about 5 years of heavy use. It fixed it for about two weeks until I got drunk one night and fell asleep with it still on. When I woke up it yellow lighted again. Idk how long it would have lasted without leaving it on all night, but it sure didn't help it. Oh well, 5 years is pretty good for these new gaming systems I guess.

That's about how long mine lasted; before it crashed. I had to take the PS3 apart so I could get my game out.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about how long mine lasted; before it crashed. I had to take the PS3 apart so I could get my game out.

The disk drive on my 1st gen. xbox messed up a while back and I couldn't get my game out. The interwebz told me there is a tiny hole on the front of the console and when you push a paper clip in it the disk drive pops open. So there's that.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disk drive on my 1st gen. xbox messed up a while back and I couldn't get my game out. The interwebz told me there is a tiny hole on the front of the console and when you push a paper clip in it the disk drive pops open. So there's that.

:gossip: xbox =/= ps3 :fencing:

not sure if something is in side...guess I'll just take it apart...

i also don't understand typing out the word football just to type out the word soccer as well too
gave me just a tiny bit of joy in this otherwise bleak thread to know that would get people's attention. :dhd: