• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yet another Scott Frost piece

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counted the number of articles on Nebraska vs the entire PAC on Athlon since last January. There's more fvking pieces on Nebraska than the entire PAC conference combined.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...-frost-comes-home-return-program-former-glory
Nebraska Football: Scott Frost Comes Home to Return Program to its Former Glory

Nebraska-Head-FB-Coach-Scott-Frost-SB-476_AMG_0.jpg

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should think about switching over, pretty nice right

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should think about switching over, pretty nice right
Someone on the Athlon staff is an NU alumni. That's the only explanation I can think of for the umpteen gazillion NU articles on there. I mean Frost is a good coach and all but Athlon needs to start spreading the love to some of the other 119 D1 teams.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost is gonna be under the gun more than any other coach in the country. So many articles written. So much hype. I'm excited to have him here, but am afraid that the moron minority are gonna be screaming for blood when he doesn't go undefeated and win it all in his second season.
There is a lot of work to be done in Lincoln, and this year's schedule won't do him any favors. There will be talk, among those who think they know what they are talking about, of him being on the hot seat after year one. Undeserved, but it will be there. Husker fans are a fickle bunch.
I feel sorry for him. I wouldn't want to be in his position.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten <--- this link. Once you start scrolling down ... and just keep on scrolling until you reach the date NU hired Frost and then count the number of NU articles.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost is gonna be under the gun more than any other coach in the country. So many articles written. So much hype. I'm excited to have him here, but am afraid that the moron minority are gonna be screaming for blood when he doesn't go undefeated and win it all in his second season.
There is a lot of work to be done in Lincoln, and this year's schedule won't do him any favors. There will be talk, among those who think they know what they are talking about, of him being on the hot seat after year one. Undeserved, but it will be there. Husker fans are a fickle bunch.
I feel sorry for him. I wouldn't want to be in his position.

Anyone criticizing this season will be an extreme minority and will likely get a quick ear full wherever they are.
There will be bowl expectations next season though, and I can't blame people for expecting that.

I'll take all the exposure Frost can get. It's got to help recruiting a bit.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about it is though he is probably the only person who can take all the my new minority speculation BS without having it affect him the way did he who shall not be named Bo and Mike Riley. Not to mention Scott Frost is just a born winner he knows how to succeed whether that be by the grace of God or his own hard work or a mixture of both which I'm sure it is the guy is a winner. So I say bring on all the publicity we can get he can handle it and honestly I don't see any gray hairs on his head not yet anyway. As far as expectations being high let them be high. The whole goal is to win every single game now whether or not you do that is different but your goal should always be to win every single game no matter who you play and to go into games thinking that you can win we have a coach that believes that it is getting his team and his coaching staff to believe that now he's got to get the fan base which he already has 99% of them I mean this is huge. As the Bob father said "we like a big angry fat kid who likes to hit people"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how rough this season is, I'd expect the Frost hype to continue through at least Sept 2019 as it was his 2nd year at UCF where they turned the corner.
The off season next year could see even more hype than this year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on the Athlon staff is an NU alumni. That's the only explanation I can think of for the umpteen gazillion NU articles on there. I mean Frost is a good coach and all but Athlon needs to start spreading the love to some of the other 119 D1 teams.
No, it’s cause it’s pretty cool amirite

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get 8 wins 9 with a bowl game

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as expectations being high let them be high. The whole goal is to win every single game now whether or not you do that is different but your goal should always be to win every single game no matter who you play and to go into games thinking that you can win

The goal is to play with confidence and to play well. Winning comes from that.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 will be year they challenge for division champ and league champ game

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy some time for crying out loud.

The schedule sets up nice for huskers next year, not this year. So he has this year as a warm up and then next year they should contend. I see nothing wrong with that, feel that is ample time to start getting back to level Husker football was once known for.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Frost and staff just improve the play on the field this year I'll be happy. I know it plays out nicely in 2019. But I still think it will take this staff at least 3 to four years before Nebraska is playing really good football.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we turn the corner year 3 maybe win the big ten. And in year 4 we are a top 10 team again

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we turn the corner year 3 maybe win the big ten. And in year 4 we are a top 10 team again
Win the conference in year 3 and it's a top 10 finish.
I'm not pushing it that far yet. While there is some good talent already on the roster, there are still a lot of holes and depth issues. Not to mention learning the system. That offense requires precision and timing. It won't be at full speed for a while. But when it gets there, look out.
I won't talk about the defense. I get too depressed.....