• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it being tampering if PG hadn't been saying all along he wanted to go to Los Angeles, but that just isn't the case. He's been adamant about it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Oladipo averaging 20ppg (on 40-42% shooting), 5rpg, and 4apg. They need somebody to score so he'll get first crack at it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo's going to have every chance in Indiana to prove he's worth that contract. Their offense will center around him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it being tampering if PG hadn't been saying all along he wanted to go to Los Angeles, but that just isn't the case. He's been adamant about it.

I think the Lakers will be fined. But if nothing happens, this will likely be the reason.

It's not as if Magic just came out of the blue with his comments. They were based on what PG and his agent had been saying for months.

To me, the comment that Steve Kerr got fined for on The Dan Patrick Show and what Magic did on Kimmel are virtually the same thing, with the exception that Lebron had never said anything about wanting to play for the Warriors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo's going to have every chance in Indiana to prove he's worth that contract. Their offense will center around him.

Yep. Now that he's out from under Westbrooks thumb, he'll get his opportunity to show whether he can be a top player or not. Gonna be up to him to take advantage.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good point

i mean- its a natural fit in that hes FROM LA.

now- magic prob should have kept his mouth shut---- but there wont be any kind of serious action taken against hte Lakers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Now that he's out from under Westbrooks thumb, he'll get his opportunity to show whether he can be a top player or not. Gonna be up to him to take advantage.

Agree....look at his time before the trade to the Thunder as well.

First year in Orlando, they tried to make him a point guard.

Failed.

Second year in Orlando, they slid him to sg. But, paired him with another guy who can't shoot, Payton.

Failed.

One of two things have to happen for Olidipo to flourish.

1. Learn how to shoot and stop depending on your athleticism to score.

Or

2. Surround him with shooters that will space the floor.

Leaf is a good start.

But, they need more shooting.

Maybe Corey Joseph can help a bit.

My biggest issue with their roster is the redundancy of Olidipo and Stephenson.

Victor is a better version of what they already had and I fear Lance will feel entitled.

Maybe he learned from his stint of mediocrity.

Maybe he didn't now that he has another guaranteed contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now- magic prob should have kept his mouth shut---- but there wont be any kind of serious action taken against hte Lakers.

No probably about it. Magic definitely should have kept his mouth shut. But if the Kimmel interview is all they have, and so far that looks to be the case, then the Lakers definitely shouldn't have to worry about any serious action taken against them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No probably about it. Magic definitely should have kept his mouth shut. But if the Kimmel interview is all they have, and so far that looks to be the case, then the Lakers definitely shouldn't have to worry about any serious action taken against them.

amounts to a slap on the wrist if anything IF they get fined, Magic'll learn from it, and HurricaneFlabMaster'll probably write a blog crying about how the Lakers didn't get punished enough...:heh:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really just depends on if anything exists in text, email, or paper and if the league gets their hands on it.

If so, I'd expect something severe like losing a pick and/or not being allowed to sign PG13 next off-season. If not, it will be a fine at worst. The Kimmel thing doesn't warrant more than a fine.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really just depends on if anything exists in text, email, or paper and if the league gets their hands on it.

If so, I'd expect something severe like losing a pick and/or not being allowed to sign PG13 next off-season. If not, it will be a fine at worst. The Kimmel thing doesn't warrant more than a fine.

Yeah I read if they find anything then they would prevent the Lakers from acquiring PG13

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read if they find anything then they would prevent the Lakers from acquiring PG13

Yeah, the CBA specifically lists that as a potential penalty. Just depends on if there's proof or not.

Everyone thinks that the league ignores tampering. The truth is, they don't ignore it, its just something that is very hard to prove. Most execs and agents are savvy enough to make sure nothing goes on paper. So it all comes down to whether someone made a stupid mistake and put something to paper or not.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amounts to a slap on the wrist if anything IF they get fined, Magic'll learn from it, and HurricaneFlabMaster'll probably write a blog crying about how the Lakers didn't get punished enough...:heh:
I dunno- i tend to believe that the Lakers have been punished plenty the last few years by virtue of Jimmy Buss being their GM. Some fortunate luck at this point just seems like karma swinging back around.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for once i agree with you. Oladipo is definitely a superior player to Clarkson- much better defender...better athlete...better upside

plus as i said to hurricane--- i do not think it hurt OKC's trade chances that Oladipo is a former IU product and someone the fans could root for.

Sabonis was a lotto pick just the previous year- and looked good. Unlike Randle- Sabonis has good size- hes 6' 11"- and can play both front court positions- and looks to be the makings of a solid defender. Randle is definteily better offensively though.

Sabonis is more valuable than the 2 late first rounders the Lakers offered--- ill always take the 1 lotto pick over the 2 late first rounders.

Miracles do happen!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno- i tend to believe that the Lakers have been punished plenty the last few years by virtue of Jimmy Buss being their GM. Some fortunate luck at this point just seems like karma swinging back around.

guess this is a post i can't(for once) argue with...

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From Lakers Nation:

@BobbyMarks42 on @ESPNLosAngeles. Says the @pacers would like the @nba to look into if Paul George had a phone conversation with Magic…

— Allen Sliwa (@LakersTalk710) August 22, 2017

As we discussed on this week’s episode of the LN Podcast, Johnson and the Lakers would likely only be looking at a fine should Johnson’s TV appearance be the only thing that the Pacers are complaining about. However, the NBA could also potentially take future draft picks away from the Lakers or forbid them from signing George for a predetermined amount of time, both of which would be devastating for the rebuilding franchise.

Of course, we won’t know for sure whether or not there is any merit to these allegations until the NBA reports their findings. In a media statement, the Lakers did express that they are looking forward to clearing their name.

If it’s true that there is no infraction to be concerned about, then Los Angeles should be able to breathe easier when the findings are revealed. If not, then some sort of painful punishment will be inflicted upon the team, and fans will have to cross their fingers and hope it isn’t devastating to their rebuild.