• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I don't think Oladipo or Sabonis will be as good as Clarkson or Randle and I'm not sure they'll be better than the guys the Lakers got with their picks.

I know you're pretty high on Oladipo, but I'm not sold on him. I don't think Westbrook is entirely to blame for how he performed last year.

Time all tell on Dipo.

Do you think that Lakers package would have made Indy demonstrably better? Would it have made them bad enough to be in the bottom 5?

Both packages place the Pacers in NBA purgatory which is why I hate them equally. Maybe with your package would have given the Pacers a couple extra wins, maybe not. Neither yield last the top of high upside future assets the Pacers should have been seeking. Neither package improves their outlook.

Had they made that Lakers deal, I think people would have said the exact same things. The only difference is that people may have assumed the Pacers had no better alternative.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Clarkson came off the bench and had numbers virtually identical to Oladipo. So, the Pacers could have had a player every bit as good as Oladipo, plus Randle and this years late first rounders.

That's better than just Oladipo and Sabonis.

Eh.

Clarkson might be almost as good as Dipo on offense. Dipo is a good defender though too. Definitely more upside for Dipo. We really don't know what sabonis is yet either. I think he could possibly be every bit as good as Randle. Different, but similar.

I don't see either as high impact players. Neither do you, or you wouldn't have wanted the Lakers to deal them away.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Clarkson might be almost as good as Dipo on offense. Dipo is a good defender though too. Definitely more upside for Dipo. We really don't know what sabonis is yet either. I think he could possibly be every bit as good as Randle. Different, but similar.

I don't see either as high impact players. Neither do you, or you wouldn't have wanted the Lakers to deal them away.
for once i agree with you. Oladipo is definitely a superior player to Clarkson- much better defender...better athlete...better upside

plus as i said to hurricane--- i do not think it hurt OKC's trade chances that Oladipo is a former IU product and someone the fans could root for.

Sabonis was a lotto pick just the previous year- and looked good. Unlike Randle- Sabonis has good size- hes 6' 11"- and can play both front court positions- and looks to be the makings of a solid defender. Randle is definteily better offensively though.

Sabonis is more valuable than the 2 late first rounders the Lakers offered--- ill always take the 1 lotto pick over the 2 late first rounders.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time all tell on Dipo.

Do you think that Lakers package would have made Indy demonstrably better? Would it have made them bad enough to be in the bottom 5?

Both packages place the Pacers in NBA purgatory which is why I hate them equally. Maybe with your package would have given the Pacers a couple extra wins, maybe not. Neither yield last the top of high upside future assets the Pacers should have been seeking. Neither package improves their outlook.

Had they made that Lakers deal, I think people would have said the exact same things. The only difference is that people may have assumed the Pacers had no better alternative.
Wow--- on a roll.

I tell people the same thing--- being in the middle is the worst place to be in the NBA.......

some people would rather have their team win a few extra games though and ruin their lotto chances- even though they have no realistic shot at winning anything......incredibly dumb if you ask me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time all tell on Dipo.

Well said and pretty much my point. Maybe the Lakers offer was better but it was hardly clear cut. And I can certainly see why Pritchard saw more upside to Oladipo/Sabonis that Randle/Clarkson and two late 1sts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it, huh? Maybe.

I think it is entirely possible that the Pacers rushed things. They most likely would have got something better from the Celtics as well had they waited. Not entirely sure why he felt the need to pull the trigger so quickly.

But I doubt spite was a big factor.

Yeah, definitely a rumor has it situation. It was discussed on a sports talk show out here that has really good Lakers access and is usually spot on when it comes to the Lakers, which is why I tend to believe it. But literally the next day, the Pacers took the OKC offer.

As for spite, maybe not. But the only things that seem to make sense are either panic, spite or a little of both. None of that is a good look for the Pacers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for spite, maybe not. But the only things that seem to make sense are either panic, spite or a little of both. None of that is a good look for the Pacers.

Panic or poor judgment are far more likely causes of the trade than spite.

If the Pacers really wanted to spite George they would have sent them to the Magic or Kings. I don't see how sending them to a top 4 Western conference team is really spite.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time all tell on Dipo.

Agree and he's definitely young enough to prove me wrong.

I don't think it would have made them demonstrably better, but neither does the trade they made. What it would have done is given them a couple of young players who both have solid upside (Randle more than Clarkson at this point) and 2 first round picks. That's a pretty nice haul considering that once it was known PG wanted out, they were never going to get fair value for him.

As for bottom 5. Maybe. Hard to say since they're in the East.

Overall, the Celtics offer was the best, even if they didn't sweeten the pot. The problem with both the Lakers and OKC offers is, as you say, it puts them in NBA purgatory. But it's because they play in the East. Put that same roster in the West and they are definitely bottom 5.

The difference, imo, is that with the Lakers offer, they at least have more to build on. Whether it be because they keep the players they got and develop them or trade them for other assets. Getting Oladipo and Sabonis doesn't really do much of anything for them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, neither are high impact. I see them both as good role players on a future winning team. Clarkson is a younger Lou Williams and I see Randle as a potential Zach Randolph type. Neither is leading you to a title, but both could be nice pieces on a contending team.

For me, it's the 2 draft picks that make the difference. Sure they were late first rounders, but there's still good value there, especially if you have a decent scouting department.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panic or poor judgment are far more likely causes of the trade than spite.

If the Pacers really wanted to spite George they would have sent them to the Magic or Kings. I don't see how sending them to a top 4 Western conference team is really spite.

Any spite involved would more about making sure he didn't go to his preferred destination. But you are probably right that it was more about panic or bad judgement.

To be clear, I don't think the Lakers offer (even if it included both Randle and Clarkson) was the best offer they received. The best offer came from the Celtics. It's more that they took the worst offer they received.

Heck, if memory serves, the Cavs offered Love and I think Shump for PG. Kevin Love straight up for PG would have been better than what they got from OKC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron @ the barbershop...

imagesfsdfsd.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, neither are high impact. I see them both as good role players on a future winning team. Clarkson is a younger Lou Williams and I see Randle as a potential Zach Randolph type. Neither is leading you to a title, but both could be nice pieces on a contending team.

For me, it's the 2 draft picks that make the difference. Sure they were late first rounders, but there's still good value there, especially if you have a decent scouting department.
Zach Randolph type is pretty high praise....i dunno about that---- highly doubtful id say

. multi time all star. 5 20/10 seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Randolph type is pretty high praise....i dunno about that---- highly doubtful id say

. multi time all star. 5 20/10 seasons.

Zach Randolph type, not Zach Randolph. I don't know if Randle will get to 20/10, but I think he can get close. He's faster and more athletic than Z-Bo, but not the defender Z-Bo is and likely won't ever be.

Also, in today's NBA, I'm not sure Randolph would be an all-star. He'd still be really good, but the position has changed so much that I'm not sure his skills carry the same value that they did a few years ago.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers screwed the pooch on this whole situation. I dont feel Lakers tampered I just feel the Pacers are fools and are now crying because they got very little and they themselves could have and should have moved earlier and taken the better deals.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one was for @Mecca since she is a fan of GOT. Pretty sure there are wizard's in GOT.

Wizards?

There are no lame ass Wizards on the GREATEST SHOW ever.

scoff.gif

His name is the 3-eyed raven......lol