• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yahoo Mock

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this Mock...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...l-combine-two-round-mock-draft-155706803.html

The Eagles would have a choice of
LSU CB Jalen Collins
Washington LB Shaq Thompson
Washington CB Marcus Peters
Alabama S Landon Collins

In the first.

And

LSU OLB-DE Danielle Hunter
UCLA LB Eric Kendricks
Oregon OT Jake Fisher

In the second.

I think I would zero in on the CB in the first. Find a replacement for the sconces, and then I am intrigued by the potential of an all Kendricks pairing at ILB. Could the two brothers be better together than either one would separately?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Kendricks slips to our 2nd rounder. It would be great, but I don't see it happening.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters is the somewhat realistic dream pick for us.

Nothing else even comes close. I don't really want another undersized inside linebacker playing next to our current undersized inside linebacker for the next decade. You can't give all that length away every week.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters is the somewhat realistic dream pick for us.

Nothing else even comes close. I don't really want another undersized inside linebacker playing next to our current undersized inside linebacker for the next decade. You can't give all that length away every week.

Mychal Kendricks is a beast. 6ft 240lbs is plenty of size - ask Patrick Willis (6'1 240) and NaVarro Bowman (6ft 242). The Kendricks brothers at ILB would be nasty. I'm sure Eric Kendricks won't have much problem adding a few lbs to his frame and getting up to 240.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a thumper in the middle would be more appropriate for this defense.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Kendricks is a beast. 6ft 240lbs is plenty of size - ask Patrick Willis (6'1 240) and NaVarro Bowman (6ft 242). The Kendricks brothers at ILB would be nasty. I'm sure Eric Kendricks won't have much problem adding a few lbs to his frame and getting up to 240.

Enut says you can't give up that kind of length which is referring to his height. I agree. Two six footers in the middle of the defense would be picked on in the passing game.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've banged the drum for Peters and Collins (La'El that is) for months ... Peters and Kendricks? Sign me up

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the modern NFL, when you need coverage linebackers as much as thumpers. Kendricks would be a tremendous addition. Our DL is pretty solid now and we do a decent job in the run game. The bigger area of weakness is the passing game.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King did a top 15 Mock.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/25/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-marcus-mariota-trade/

Washington LB Shaq Thompson
Washington CB Marcus Peters
Alabama S Landon Collins

still on the board after 15. LSU CB Jalen Collins off the board.

I am getting more intrigued with Peters. It seems that the Washington situation with the new coaches may have been pretty messed up. They reportedly dismissed eight different players. Peters may be a good guy that was in a bad situation. I trust that Kelly has enough connections in that area to know the straight scoop.

I think Thompson is an NFL Safety and both him and Collins would be good to great players. Still, you can't dispute that Safety is one of those positions where you can find a good player several different ways. The physical skills for the position are simply not in short supply. If you end up without a player after FA and the draft you can have open competition between Carroll, Watkins, Allen, Wolf & Reynolds are arguably end up with a decent player.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins in the 1st and Kendricks in the 2nd = wet dream. :yes:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares if they are 280? What they aren't is over 6 ft. Every Olineman has huge length over them and every TE too. That's fine for one guy, that's a liability if it's both guys.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins in the 1st and Kendricks in the 2nd = wet dream. :yes:

Collins looks like he'll be exploited in coverage at this level. Who are the top safety prospects that developed that part of their game against the QBs in the NFL? I can't think of any. Most of those guys have to be hidden in coverage and that's not the way Chip or Billy Davis want their safeties playing. Barron was one of the best and he was the most recent failed top safety prospect. Laron Landry's another that comes to mind.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if they are 280? What they aren't is over 6 ft. Every Olineman has huge length over them and every TE too. That's fine for one guy, that's a liability if it's both guys.

Like I said Willis is 6'1 and Bowman is 6ft. You really think that extra inch for Willis is the game changer? In an ideal world, yeah of course you want the 6'4 250lb guy who also has all the talent, but those don't grow on trees. I'll take a Backer with great instincts, speed to the ball and coverage skills over forcing the issue with a guy because he has length

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said Willis is 6'1 and Bowman is 6ft. You really think that extra inch for Willis is the game changer? In an ideal world, yeah of course you want the 6'4 250lb guy who also has all the talent, but those don't grow on trees. I'll take a Backer with great instincts, speed to the ball and coverage skills over forcing the issue with a guy because he has length

None of these guys are as good a prospect as Willis. He went 11th overall despite his height. So using him as your only example isn't really proof of anything. You get two 6 ft linebackers covering the entire middle and I'm going to exploit that every week by putting height in their area. It's certainly not a way to create an advantage for your team.