• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yah boy, Michael Schofield

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed to get it together through the playoffs. The Broncos played two very good defenses in the AFCCG and SB, and in the Panthers case their defense really played a hell of a game (completely overshadowed by the Broncos defense). I thought Schofield held up adequately and wasn't the turnstile he was against the Raiders. I think he's good depth, but don't want to see him a starter this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos develop Schofield into a starter at Tackle down the road - it will rival Prison Break for a successful long shot. I'm rooting for him. As mention here by others - the coaches seem to like Schofield and his play trended up at the end of the season. Maybe he is getting it - and his spirit to improve is matching the mental development.

If the Broncos can develop a guy like Schofield - that says a lot for how good the coaches are.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that this type of story is put out there so soon screams of PR bull****

Have they even put pads on yet ??

please

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing Spirit.

Could be a confidence booster to get him some positive pub since everyone trashed him last year.
Stinky was terribly mean to the guy on twitter last year, but he was pretty trashy as a football player. I am sure he is a great person.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing Spirit.

Could be a confidence booster to get him some positive pub since everyone trashed him last year.
Stinky was terribly mean to the guy on twitter last year, but he was pretty trashy as a football player. I am sure he is a great person.

I hear ya DC

Next thing ya know, Ronnie Hillman will have miraculously have grown 6 inches taller ( .. bring him up to 5' 2" )

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or he will miraculously be sure handed with the football in his hands. Or his vision will adjust to 20/20. Or he will suddenly grow a football IQ and not let an obvious backwards pass role around his feet in an AFC Championship game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco front office favorite Garland comes to mind.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or he will miraculously be sure handed with the football in his hands. Or his vision will adjust to 20/20. Or he will suddenly grow a football IQ and not let an obvious backwards pass role around his feet in an AFC Championship game.
holy hell was I pissed at him for that. Watching live I knew it was a turnover the second it happened. Could you imagine the hate he would get if we lost that game though? that play was almost on par with the Rahim the dream f*ckup

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy hell was I pissed at him for that. Watching live I knew it was a turnover the second it happened. Could you imagine the hate he would get if we lost that game though? that play was almost on par with the Rahim the dream f*ckup

Amazing how one play can so define a players' career. Rahim in Denver will pretty much only be remembered for that play. Feel for the guy a bit but man it doesn't get much worse than that. Hillman definitely is fortunate we won that game otherwise yeah he would be joining Rahim as that being the defining play of his career.

Honestly I am hoping Hillman gets beat out this year. I still hate the way he runs with the football. He is a bit better about putting 2 hands on the ball but the play that will define his career for me is right on the goal line against the Colts and for some reason we stick Hillman in to carry it up the middle and a huge hole opened up for him to walk it in and instead a hand comes out of the pile and knocks the ball loose. Good chance we win that game if that fumble doesn't happen.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think there was a time last year that I ever yelled at the TV harder. That just pissed me off. In the bigget game of his career and you do that????

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how one play can so define a players' career. Rahim in Denver will pretty much only be remembered for that play. Feel for the guy a bit but man it doesn't get much worse than that. Hillman definitely is fortunate we won that game otherwise yeah he would be joining Rahim as that being the defining play of his career.

Honestly I am hoping Hillman gets beat out this year. I still hate the way he runs with the football. He is a bit better about putting 2 hands on the ball but the play that will define his career for me is right on the goal line against the Colts and for some reason we stick Hillman in to carry it up the middle and a huge hole opened up for him to walk it in and instead a hand comes out of the pile and knocks the ball loose. Good chance we win that game if that fumble doesn't happen.

I agree most people will remember Moore for that play, when I think of Moore I always think of the cycle we saw of him.

The bad, the average and the good. It all depended on the year for him.

Sadly in life the majority of people see the negative in people and not the positive. The way our world thinks.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree most people will remember Moore for that play, when I think of Moore I always think of the cycle we saw of him.

Sadly in life the majority of people see the negative in people and not the positive. The way our world thinks.
so true. Part of that comment from me though is that aside from that one play I liked Moore as a player, Hillman not so much. I am much more inclined to dislike Hillman if he costs the team a game than Rahim. Can always hope he changes my opinion of him though

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of Rahim Moore, I think of how he had a life threatening injury on the field, and rehabbed like a champ just to get back out there ..

He's got my respect, and I wish him the best

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so true. Part of that comment from me though is that aside from that one play I liked Moore as a player, Hillman not so much. I am much more inclined to dislike Hillman if he costs the team a game than Rahim. Can always hope he changes my opinion of him though

100% agree. That is the biggest difference. I am able to overcome that one Moore play as I liked him as a player minus a few games.

Hillman just drives me insane. This coming from a guy who liked the pick when it was made too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of Rahim Moore, I think of how he had a life threatening injury on the field, and rehabbed like a champ just to get back out there ..

He's got my respect, and I wish him the best

This. He had to spend months in Germany rehabbing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree I will remember Rahim for more than just that one play. That next year when that one play could have really sent his career into a spiral he came back and played well for the team until his injury and then once again came back and played well again the next year. Always seemed like he would have a set back but had the mental toughness to overcome it. Feel for him down in Houston that things didn't quite work out. Wouldn't mind if the Texans cut him if the Broncos brought him back for cheap to add more depth to our safety group.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Rahim struggled as a rookie.

Before the Jacoby Jones play he had been having a pretty solid season. I think a lot of people forget that, then his best year was the year after that happened before his injury.

Then the following year he was kinda average.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the 4 years we had Rahim we saw:

Year 1- Bad
Year 2- Good
Year 3- Above good. Between Good and Great (I guess that could use great, but I use great lightly, more in pro bowl terms)
Year 4- Average

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the 4 years we had Rahim we saw:

Year 1- Bad
Year 2- Good
Year 3- Above good. Between Good and Great (I guess that could use great, but I use great lightly, more in pro bowl terms)
Year 4- Average

Good break down. I really thought year 4 he was going to show up big for us. He started out the year in that Indy game with a huge 4th quarter interception when the Colts were really making a crazy come back. Just kind of went downhill from there. Not like he was terrible but they had him playing so far off the LOS that I would say 95% of the plays he was nowhere near the ball and was almost just playing prevent defense while the rest was playing 10 on 11. I put a little of that on Del Rio as no clue what he was thinking having Rahim that far off the LOS.