• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU Seniors

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my count is correct this 17 is made up of only 12-4 year WVU guys....so in a two year period we will have graduated 24 players(6 of which were brought in by the new staff) 18 players in two years gents, no matter if we are in the Big12 or AAC we were going to struggle...please tell me again how the cupboard was full?

Hope this group of Sr's can leave on a positive note.

QB
· Trickett, Millard, and Moore.
· The coaches are hoping that Trickett starts.
· Moore put himself in the conversation during spring practice with this athleticism even though he was just supposed to prove an extra arm as a walk-on.
· Millard actually has a redshirt year left if needed for injury or transfer.

RB
· Smith and Zereoue.
· Zereoue is Amos’ little brother and a walk-on who helps with the scout team.
· Smith was 2nd on the team in rushing with almost 500 yards and 5 rushing TD. Coaches like his speed but want him to use his size to go through people at times.

WR
· White and Alford.
· White was 3rd on the team in catches with 35 and 1st in TD receptions 5. He definitely looks the part but needs to at least double his production.
· Alford really came on during the last 1/3 of the season and averaged 20.4 yards per reception.

OL
· Spain, Glowinski, and Calicchio.
· Spain and Glowinski are returning starters at guard.
· Calicchio has worked his 6-9, 320 frame from walk-on to 2nd team left tackle with a scholarship.

K
· Molinari. Did an OK job kicking off last year and is currently the 2nd team kicker and punter. Is also a holder. Pretty valuable guy for someone that walked-on as an athlete from Parkersburg South.

DL
· Hyman. I saw him in the Charleston practice and he looks like an NFL DE. He is 6-4, 294 pounds. He put on 30 pounds since last year. The coaches just want his production to match his natural ability.

LB
· Golson, Barber, Tonkery, Snow, and Grose.
· Golson was on fire the 1st half of last season and faded late. Part of his fade was probably due to the scheme and part of hit was probably his size. He has put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and looks bigger.
· Barber was 3rd on the team in tackles last year despite missing the final two games with a knee injury. He also missed Spring practice. If needed, he still has a redshirt year left.
· Tonkery only managed 5 games due to various injuries. He adds depth on special teams.
· Snow played sparingly last year after a couple of years with shoulder injuries. But he is also a decent special teams guy and blocked a kick last year.
· Grose is a walk-on. Helps with the scout team.

DB
· Banks and Bell.
· Banks started all 12 games last year. He is not that good but he is consistent and no one was able to beat him out in the Spring.
· Bell was suspended before spring practice. He is still on scholarship and still listed on the roster but his return is unknown. He did start 9 games last year. If he comes back he will be backing up Worley but depth is depth and he was a decent special teams coverage guy his first couple of seasons.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it might be lower.

4 year guys: Millard, Spain, Calicchio (he left for 1 year and came back), Molinari, Barber, Tonkery, Snow, Banks, and Bell. So that is 9 guys with 2 who came in as walk-ons.

1. Trickett – graduate transfer from FSU
Smith – JUCO transfer

3. White – JUCO transfer

4. Alford – JUCO transfer

5. Glowinski – JUCO transfer

6. Hyman – JUCO transfer

7. Golson – JUCO transfer

8. Moore – walk-on transfer from Fairmont

9. Grose – walk-on transfer from Wesleyan

10. Zereoue – JUCO transfer walk-on (who didn’t play football at the JUCO)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana was given Geno, Tavon and Stedman… enough said.

What more should a coach want? What more should a coach need?

Excuses, excuses, excuses…

BTW… didn't WVU graduate more than 7 players last year?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW… didn't WVU graduate more than 7 players last year?

yeah you are right, I think as I was typing in the airport before a flight so if some of these are off I apologize.....but still 29 players in two years is horrible.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't blame Dana for the recruiting and graduation numbers from his 1st 2 seasons. !st season - he wasn't supposed to be the HC until Stewart had his misstep. Dana's guys started arriving the following season and I would not think there are any seniors on the roster that he actually recruited unless they are JUCO. But some of his guys should be stepping up and making a difference this season.

He has 2nd and 3rd season guys he/his staff brought in. I am just not seeing them.... maybe I will be surprised. I sure hope there are guys in the shadows right now that step out and make an impact this year. Otherwise, this team and it's coach are in for a LOOOONG season.

Are there guys Dana recruited that I am not aware of that are going to play a major role?
Please share....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smallwood
Worley
Joseph
Lambert
Shorts
Tyler
All the Juco guys

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is still a pretty short list, excluding the JUCO transfers. 6 players from 3 years of recruiting.... kinda lean, don't cha think?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is still a pretty short list, excluding the JUCO transfers. 6 players from 3 years of recruiting.... kinda lean, don't cha think?

Two years isn't it...he came in before the 10-3 when that years class was pretty much set. Why would we exclude the Juco's they are the reason more of the younger guys will not be forced to play this season. Not to say some of the younger players will not emerge. All the named players are Jr's and below and have already play significant minutes due to lack of players in the upper classes.

Two years plus this years class which might have a couple of guys who can play right away.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right - 2 years. As I said, the 1st season he wasn't supposed to be HC so his impact was limited. Plus this years crop of Freshmen. I would be surprised if any of them have an immediate impact this season (let's hope they aren't needed), but it could happen.
So with the JUCO I guess that not bad in 2 seasons. Joseph is absolutely at the top of my list.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right - 2 years. As I said, the 1st season he wasn't supposed to be HC so his impact was limited. Plus this years crop of Freshmen. I would be surprised if any of them have an immediate impact this season (let's hope they aren't needed), but it could happen.
So with the JUCO I guess that not bad in 2 seasons. Joseph is absolutely at the top of my list.

I think White and Alford are gong to make major impacts this year....we had so many new guys on the offense last year and we just expected it to pick up where Geno and Company left off....it would be hard to find any coach who could replace that level of talent instantly. I think we had 8 or 9 new starters on the offense last year and a lot of them just met for the first time when camp opened.

DH is not perfect, but i think we need to give him time to deal with the hand he was dealt i.e. rep trashed before he got here, move to big 12, lack of filling classes prior...He needs to produce soon, but i am not suprised we have taken this dip.

Crest and Henry might have a shot at plaing right away...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 48 freshmen and sophomores on the roster in 2010, the cupboard was far from bare, there was a great deal of kids leaving with the coaching change, as there always is. Holgorsen can not get the kids he has recruited to play for him, hell last year in the best game WVU played, Holgorsen was complaining that Trickett played the offense wrong. Nehlen took a team that won seven games the previous two years to a bowl in his 2nd year, Fraud instituted a new way of doing everything and went bowling every year but his first, Stewart went to a bowl every year, 9-4 each year, Holgorsen is getting worse each year, I dont get why you guys do not see the meaning of the losses to KU and IAST last year, the team is in poor condition both mentally and physically. With a bowl on the line, WVU could not beat two of the worst teams in football, and you guys are blaming a coach from four years ago, must be democrats.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DAD, of those 48 players... how many of them were on scholarship? How many kids left WVU due to the coaching change?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those who left went on to have any sort of success on the DIV 1 level? If the only reason the left is because DH is so terrible you would think their talents would be welcomed somewhere else....I will wait on the list.

There is a difference in blaming someone for everything and looking into the reason why we have struggled since moving into the power conf(remember he went 10-3 in your beloved conf)...if you think Stews recruiting practices have not played into these struggles then your as in the dark as the people you accuse of agreeing with everything that happens now. We are working out of the depth issue, and one thing I do agree with you is that excuse is getting furthur and furthur in the rear view mirror.

WVU does not just have one issue as to why we are struggling, it is a culmination of things, and that equation definitly includes your boys practices on and off the field.:bawling: I know hard to hear.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 48 freshmen and sophomores on the roster in 2010, the cupboard was far from bare, there was a great deal of kids leaving with the coaching change, as there always is. Holgorsen can not get the kids he has recruited to play for him, hell last year in the best game WVU played, Holgorsen was complaining that Trickett played the offense wrong. Nehlen took a team that won seven games the previous two years to a bowl in his 2nd year, Fraud instituted a new way of doing everything and went bowling every year but his first, Stewart went to a bowl every year, 9-4 each year, Holgorsen is getting worse each year, I dont get why you guys do not see the meaning of the losses to KU and IAST last year, the team is in poor condition both mentally and physically. With a bowl on the line, WVU could not beat two of the worst teams in football, and you guys are blaming a coach from four years ago, must be democrats.

How many of those Freshman and Sophomores were ready for B12 football? I don't think that anyone is happy with our performance of the last two years, but most of the guys on this board realize that we did not have the talent to compete (TCU found this our also).

So Dad, what are you asking for? Do you want WVU dump DH after his third year when you were preaching three years ago that his predecessor deserved 4 years? Do you want WVU to fail?

This year will really decide his future. another 4 win season, he will be gone. If he gets 5 or 6 wins and keeps his top 10 recruiting class together, I expect he will get a 5th season. To me who the coach is does not matter so much as long as I can root for the gold and blue.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want DH to be fired from WVU. For better or worse, he is the coach and we need to let his vision play out. But I agree with ANOTHER - win 4 or 5 games this season and I will be surprised if he survives. I also agree with DAD, I do not think our team has the conditioning of previous teams. Especially on Defense overall and the Offensive line in particular.... there is a visible breakdown from players just no longer able to keep up in the 2nd half.

There is also a poor strategy on defense and no real defensive cohesion. They guys are just running around on the field trying to find the ball. Let's hope the new DC remedies that. On offense, I am not sure we had the talent level needed to execute Dana's plan. You could see as the season went on, he dialed it down to try to fit the ability - but it still didn't work. There has to be a leader emerge from the ranks of QB who can make it happen. Not sure who that is.

I truly beleive Dana is a brilliant OC, just not sure he has all the skills to be the HC. But that is what he was hired to do so I feel we need to let him have his chance. But time is running out.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with DAD, I do not think our team has the conditioning of previous teams. .

How would you be able to tell with no depth behind the starters? Did all the previous teams play every single down and as many downs as todays game forces the D to play? I do not think you can just make that assumption based how the game has changed over the years.

This year we should get a better feel for it, but it seems all of them have bought in Josephs training program as you can see the gains.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you be able to tell with no depth behind the starters? Did all the previous teams play every single down and as many downs as todays game forces the D to play? I do not think you can just make that assumption based how the game has changed over the years.

This year we should get a better feel for it, but it seems all of them have bought in Josephs training program as you can see the gains.

DC, when a WVU team FOLDS flat to IAST, it is a conditioning issue, I am so sick of hearing about lack of depth, that argument hold water when you compare us to Alabama or Ohio State, and always will, but we have RIGHT NOW better athletes and better depth than IAST and KU, Our team is out of shape, remember when Fraud was coach and the kids sprinted at the quarter change? Quit with the excuses, a loss to Oklahoma or Texas is one thing, losing to IAST and KU is at least as unacceptable as losing to UConn. I am NOT for firing Holgorsen right now, but without marked improvement this year, another loss to the dregs and he will have to go. If we go 4-8 again this coming year, some of you will still be trying to blame Stewart.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, when a WVU team FOLDS flat to IAST, it is a conditioning issue, I am so sick of hearing about lack of depth, that argument hold water when you compare us to Alabama or Ohio State, and always will, but we have RIGHT NOW better athletes and better depth than IAST and KU, Our team is out of shape, remember when Fraud was coach and the kids sprinted at the quarter change?

Were Tavon Austin, Bruce Irvin and Sted Bailey out of shape?
Mario Alford looks fantastic when someone gets him the ball.
How bout Will Clarke last year? get a good look at him?
How many BE teams employed the HUNH offense when RichRod was at the helm?

Numbers my friend, numbers as in we havnt had them. You may be right about SOME of the players not being ready to play but that's because they were forced into action before they were ready because....
numbers, there were too many swings and misses under Stew AND the HCIW experiment, it hurt us bad. We are getting back though, IMO we will see a difference this year, we may not be ready for greatness just yet but a difference from what we have all seen the last two years, especially on defense.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, when a WVU team FOLDS flat to IAST, it is a conditioning issue, I am so sick of hearing about lack of depth, that argument hold water when you compare us to Alabama or Ohio State, and always will, but we have RIGHT NOW better athletes and better depth than IAST and KU, Our team is out of shape, remember when Fraud was coach and the kids sprinted at the quarter change? Quit with the excuses, a loss to Oklahoma or Texas is one thing, losing to IAST and KU is at least as unacceptable as losing to UConn. I am NOT for firing Holgorsen right now, but without marked improvement this year, another loss to the dregs and he will have to go. If we go 4-8 again this coming year, some of you will still be trying to blame Stewart.

DAD,

You are so full of bullshit.

How did WVU lose the ISU game?

Did late TO's have an impact? What did those TO's have to do with conditioning? Please stop being a troll.

Remember DAD... what would Jesus do?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you sick of hearing about the real issues that affected this team instead of the imaginary ones like no heart and lack of pride. I would like for you to step to some of these players and tell them you show no pride or heart out there....let me guess we never had any bad losses under the football gods that used to coach here?