• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF just happened, BCS?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year, the Alamo Bowl is AP #12 Oregon vs a Texas team ranked #30 in both the AP and coaches

last year, the Alamo Bowl was BCS #13 Oregon State vs a Texas team that was ranked #29 in the coaches poll...I thought Oregon State would roll...

Oregon State had the #14 scoring defense and the #12 passing offense for a major conference team, two 1,000-yd WRs in Markus Wheaton (1,244 yds, taken 3rd round) and WR Brandin Cooks (1,151 last yr, 1,670 this yr) and a 940-yard RB.

Texas had the #72 scoring D, yet Texas pulled off the upset. Oregon St was up 20-10 at half and 27-17 entering the 4th, and Texas came back to win 31-27. Texas DE Alex Okafor had a monster game with 4.5 sacks (and he had only had 4 sacks total in the previous 8 games)

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Great match up for Bowl called "the Alamo Bowl". UT can go out guns a blazin' !!

You're joking, right? I see this as an easy victory for Oregon....if they don't choke.

I think you misunderstood ... remember that all Texans died in the Alamo ... most are anticipating the same thing in the Alamo Bowl. This is not a good matchup for Texas.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alamo on a platter!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least none of you have to watch a bowl named after a chicken wing....

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least none of you have to watch a bowl named after a chicken wing....

it is common to see games in places named after big companies (and Buffalo Wild Wings is a billion-dollar company), even big companies that focus on food and beverages. for ex:

Chick-fil-A Bowl - going to be one of the Big Six bowls in the playoff rotation starting next year. Johnny Football is playing here this year

Outback (Steakhouse) Bowl - LSU, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Auburn were each here over last six years

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl

KFC Yum! Center - Louisville's brand new basketball arena, 4th-largest basketball arena in nation

Papa John's Cardinal Stadium - Louisville's football stadium

Heinz (Ketchup) Field - Pittsburgh Steelers football stadium

Pepsi Center - Denver Nuggets basketball arena

Busch (Beer) Stadium - St Louis Cardinals ballpark, 3rd largest in nation

Coors (Beer) Field - Colorado Rockies ballpark

Miller (Beer) Park - Milwaukee Brewers ballpark

Minute Maid (Orange Juice) Park - Houston Astros ballpark

Tropicana (Orange Juice) Field - Tampa Bay Rays ballpark

etc

Last edited by a moderator:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you misunderstood ... remember that all Texans died in the Alamo ... most are anticipating the same thing in the Alamo Bowl. This is not a good matchup for Texas.

he slept through history class

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still waiting for the Kohler Toilet bowl or the Roto Rooter bowl or the Tampax bowl for teams that have no second string

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs. Texas in the Alamo bowl? Can somebody explain this shit to me? But LOLOLOLOL @ Oregon while I'm at it.
-------
Despite the so called parings set up, many of these games are still "somewhat" politicized. Many teams have loyal followings and as such they travel better so despite their "position" in conference rankings, they may end up in a better bowl than others.

This is probably Browns swan song so it makes sense that his team plays IN Texas. Oregon got the biggest payout available assuming they had a choice in the matter.

On paaper this looks to be a blowout for Oregon, but that may not be the case.