• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF just happened, BCS?

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs. Texas in the Alamo bowl? Can somebody explain this shit to me? But LOLOLOLOL @ Oregon while I'm at it.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs. Texas in the Alamo bowl? Can somebody explain this shit to me? But LOLOLOLOL @ Oregon while I'm at it.

Great match up for Bowl called "the Alamo Bowl". UT can go out guns a blazin' !!

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great match up for Bowl called "the Alamo Bowl". UT can go out guns a blazin' !!

You're joking, right? I see this as an easy victory for Oregon....if they don't choke.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon could be just like USC in 2012 at the Sun Bowl or whatever that bowl game is called in El Paso. Weedeater Bowl?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're joking, right? I see this as an easy victory for Oregon....if they don't choke.

It may not be easy. Again, when you have weeks to prepare for one team, anything can happen and Mack has always been an excellent bowl game coach.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humiliation heaped on Embarrassment...

Oregon could be just like USC in 2012 at the Sun Bowl or whatever that bowl game is called in El Paso. Weedeater Bowl?

I believe that was the Poulan® Weedeater Bowl, Shreveport,LA...now known as the Independence Bowl. A mediocre MSU lost to a mediocre LSU 45-26 in that one in 1995.

:L

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF just happened, BCS? Oregon vs. Texas in the Alamo bowl? Can somebody explain this shit to me? But LOLOLOLOL @ Oregon while I'm at it.

they could just do 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6, 7 v 8, 9 v 10, 11 v 12 and so on (adjusting to make sure same conferences don't play each other)

in that scenario, based on the BCS rankings, the top six bowls would be:
FSU v Auburn
Bama v Mich State
Stanford v Baylor
Ohio State v Mizzou
Oregon v South Carolina
Oklahoma v Clemson

but they way it works is the conferences already have agreement with bowls

unless they are in title game, Pac Champ and B1G Champ go to Rose, SEC Champ to Sugar, BigXII Champ to Fiesta, ACC Champ to Orange

in the case of the Alamo, ever since 2010, they have gotten the first pick of the Pac12 teams that didn't make a BCS bowl (and they picked Oregon) and the 2nd pick of the BigXII teams that didn't make a BCS bowl. the Cotton Bowl gets first pick of BigXII teams that didn't make a BCS bowl (they picked Oklahoma State), so the Alamo took Texas

as for the BCS bowls, the Orange and the Sugar both could have taken Oregon. The Orange took Clemson instead and the Sugar took Oklahoma instead

that left 10-2 Oregon, 10-3 Arizona State or 9-3 UCLA available for the Alamo to pick, and of course they picked Oregon

and with the Sugar taking Oklahoma, the Cotton taking Oklahoma State, all that was left for the Alamo to choose from was 8-4 Texas, 7-4 Texas Tech, and 7-4 Kansas State (West Virginia and TCU didn't qualify for a Bowl...and since the current Alamo arrangement, the Big12 has shrunk from 12 teams to 10 with them not finding enough teams to replace Mizzou, Texas A&M, Nebraska and Colorado)

note that in previous Alamo Bowls it was the other way around... with a good BigXII team having to play a not so good Pac team...

-in 2011, Heisman winner RG3 and #12 Baylor had to play 7-5 Washington in the Alamo because #4 Stanford and #6 Oregon were in BCS bowls and #5 Southern Cal was banned from a bowl.

-in 2010, consensus All-American WR Justin Blackmon, consensus All-American RB Kendall Hunter and #14 Oklahoma State had to play 7-5 Arizona because #2 Oregon and #4 Stanford were in BCS bowls, and there were no other ranked teams in the Pac 12 that year (next best was 8-5 USC who was banned from a bowl)

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some awesome bowl matchups tshirt

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As easy as their sure thing victories against Stanford and Arizona?

We're talking about Texas here. The team that got steamrolled by Ole Miss.

cmon-son.jpg