• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wr. Room

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will be an intense competition on the back end

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Mac, Samuel are locks. That’s really just about the only certainty, no?

I bet they draft another wr early, so that’s another probable lock.

That leaves Harmon (no ties to him), Cam Sims (retained by this staff), Steven Sims, AGG (drafted by this staff), Isaiah Wright to fight for 2 probable spots, or perhaps 3 spots.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That leaves Harmon (no ties to him), Cam Sims (retained by this staff), Steven Sims, AGG (drafted by this staff), Isaiah Wright to fight for 2 probable spots, or perhaps 3 spots.

If a WR is drafted high that means there is no confidence in the players you have mentioned. If not then I think Harmon and Agg would be the 3 and 4. The 5th and 6th guys would have to be special teamers.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a WR is drafted high that means there is no confidence in the players you have mentioned. If not then I think Harmon and Agg would be the 3 and 4. The 5th and 6th guys would have to be special teamers.
It means nothing of the sort . It means the BPA was a wr

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it does not mean BPA was a WR. The 19th pick will be a tale-tale of what the staff clearly thinks they need at that pick. I'm guessing LB then a WR in round 2 or possible TE but certainly a pass catcher. The off season is clearly an indication of what positions they are targeting now in the draft, as it should be. As someone mentioned in previous threads, there will be vets cut that could add value to our team. It is also obvious there will be a few WR's currently on the roster who will not be on the team after preseason games this year. Steven Sims has a huge target on his back in terms of making the squad.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it means in terms of who they draft.

I would think they would draft for best player available and/or need. Probably both.

I certainly think that both ways will help the team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they draft a WR high, it means they thought the WR was best talent available at a position that could use an upgrade. It means they think the WR gives us the best shot of improving.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's my take - They will draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Just way too many in that round that may actually become starters sooner than later.
I.Wright is done, he was a drag, crosser route type guy that can be easily replaced, Harmon is already going to be far behind and not a RR guy.
AGG, Simms & Sims have been making the best of their oppurtunities but frankly aren't the greatest options at WR. They have all made plays but
drops at crucial moments are fresh in our minds. I believe Harmon, AGG, Wright are all done. F1, Curtis, & The Simms by default have more experience than those other guys. that's just me

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it does not mean BPA was a WR. The 19th pick will be a tale-tale of what the staff clearly thinks they need at that pick. I'm guessing LB then a WR in round 2 or possible TE but certainly a pass catcher. The off season is clearly an indication of what positions they are targeting now in the draft, as it should be. As someone mentioned in previous threads, there will be vets cut that could add value to our team. It is also obvious there will be a few WR's currently on the roster who will not be on the team after preseason games this year. Steven Sims has a huge target on his back in terms of making the squad.

I'm one of those guys along the lines, more VETS are going to be cut, Fuller got cut and signed for CHEAP.
Its reasonable to think that could happen with any positional player that makes big bank.
You may also be on to something very frustrating we may see in the first round "IF" it doesn't pan out.
Bateman being drafted over Parsons at 19. I would go HAYWIRE....BUT if he's the next AJ Brown....it works out

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn’t agree less. So let’s say Devonta Smith drops to 19, does drafting him mean WR was the biggest need?

Would you pass up Devonta Smith to draft Jabril Cox, Alex Leatherwood or a a recon Jordan? Of course not, because Smith is a much better prospect.

How is this offseason clearly about anything more than getting quality people at good prices? We needed WRs and they got a bargain price. We needed a CB and got a bargain. We decided to get a proven veteran at QB for a bargain.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the best LB on the board isn’t better then the WR on the board ,then the pick will be Wr . You take the best value on the board . So if Bateman is better then ROK or Collins he will be the pick . If it’s the other way around the the LB will be the pick. Hell if pitts or surtain are there you damn well know they are the pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a WR high, it means they thought the WR was best talent available at a position that could use an upgrade. It means they think the WR gives us the best shot of improving.

But the WR position is super deep this year. Why pass on JOk to take the 4th or 5th best wr?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t agree less. So let’s say Devonta Smith drops to 19, does drafting him mean WR was the biggest need?

Would you pass up Devonta Smith to draft Jabril Cox, Alex Leatherwood or a a recon Jordan? Of course not, because Smith is a much better prospect.

How is this offseason clearly about anything more than getting quality people at good prices? We needed WRs and they got a bargain price. We needed a CB and got a bargain. We decided to get a proven veteran at QB for a bargain.
If Smith falls to 19 (he won't) then clearly he was BPA. Dad said, if WR is there he is BPA. That assumption is clearly not the case. As for FA bargains, I'm not of the opinion we got bargain deals for any of the big 3 except Fitz. The other 2 were good value but we paid a pretty price. We paid more per yr for Jackson than we did Fuller all though I felt Fuller was an overpay all things considered.
We will draft at #19 either a QB who falls, a LB named JOK or Parsons, OT Darrisaw or a WR named Bateman. One of them will be there and one of them we will draft.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the WR position is super deep this year. Why pass on JOk to take the 4th or 5th best wr?

That is the claim and belief...it doesn’t make it true.

Because JOK has warts as well...such as being the size of a safety. Sean outweighed him by 30 pounds. Let’s say the grade on JOK is a 7.1 but the grade on Bateman is a 7.9. Do you pass up the better prospect with such a large gap? You play the grades Because it gives you a better chance of success.

Let’s say you take JOK and he busts because he grad3d lower, and we waited for a WR with the expectation of round 2. But at the beginning of round 2 there was a big run on WRs and we get the tenth rat3d WR which grad3d out at 6.2 and he fails...what do we gain?

Look back to the great draft of 2008 and you can see why we don’t play the draft like you suggest. We got the best WR in the draft all the way in the second round with Devon Thomas. How did that workout? Not only did we get him at 34, we also got Kelly at 51 even though he was considered maybe the best at WR. Just because a player is ranked as number 1 or 2 at their position in the draft does not make them a better prospect than the fifth best at a different position...Matt Forte was the sixth RB taken and Ray Rice the seventh. The better players were well down the line at their prospective positions.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith falls to 19 (he won't) then clearly he was BPA. Dad said, if WR is there he is BPA. That assumption is clearly not the case. As for FA bargains, I'm not of the opinion we got bargain deals for any of the big 3 except Fitz. The other 2 were good value but we paid a pretty price. We paid more per yr for Jackson than we did Fuller all though I felt Fuller was an overpay all things considered.
We will draft at #19 either a QB who falls, a LB named JOK or Parsons, OT Darrisaw or a WR named Bateman. One of them will be there and one of them we will draft.

I don’t think that is what Dad said at all.

We paid market value to well below market value for Jackson. We spent 3 million more per year for him than Darby but he is much better.

We paid market to below market for Samuel, a model WR that has improved each year.

I think Dad will likely agree with who you claim we will draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now in that scenario then i feel parsons is the better player and that they would take him , same with darishaw

i have heard rumblings that the staff likes hudson at LB and JHC too . but if ROK , collins are better [players they will take them

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems locked into the notion that this team will make a selection at 19, so I'm going to suggest something different and perhaps quite controversial here.

Washington will not be making a pick at 19. Maybe they move up, maybe down, or perhaps they'll not be making a pick in the first round at all. At this point everything that is being talked about is speculative based upon them staying put. I'll be the first to suggest that they won't.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems locked into the notion that this team will make a selection at 19, so I'm going to suggest something different and perhaps quite controversial here.

Washington will not be making a pick at 19. Maybe they move up, maybe down, or perhaps they'll not be making a pick in the first round at all. At this point everything that is being talked about is speculative based upon them staying put. I'll be the first to suggest that they won't.
Meaning, we could have that pick "taken" away from us?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the claim and belief...it doesn’t make it true.

Because JOK has warts as well...such as being the size of a safety. Sean outweighed him by 30 pounds. Let’s say the grade on JOK is a 7.1 but the grade on Bateman is a 7.9. Do you pass up the better prospect with such a large gap? You play the grades Because it gives you a better chance of success.

Let’s say you take JOK and he busts because he grad3d lower, and we waited for a WR with the expectation of round 2. But at the beginning of round 2 there was a big run on WRs and we get the tenth rat3d WR which grad3d out at 6.2 and he fails...what do we gain?

Look back to the great draft of 2008 and you can see why we don’t play the draft like you suggest. We got the best WR in the draft all the way in the second round with Devon Thomas. How did that workout? Not only did we get him at 34, we also got Kelly at 51 even though he was considered maybe the best at WR. Just because a player is ranked as number 1 or 2 at their position in the draft does not make them a better prospect than the fifth best at a different position...Matt Forte was the sixth RB taken and Ray Rice the seventh. The better players were well down the line at their prospective positions.

Thomas and Kelly didn't have 1st round grades. Any 1st rounder can bust. Need and BPA have to go hand in hand.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning, we could have that pick "taken" away from us?
That's a possibly but I don't believe that the NFL has all that it needs to do that yet. Maybe they will move faster than I currently know.