• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very depressing the state the Redskins are in now. They just cut one of their best players and one of the FEW players that play hard every week. DJ was right with what he said. But he should have kept that in house.

Gibbs would have cut DJ too, but Gibbs would have commanded enough respect within the locker room that DJ would have never pulled that stunt. In addition, Gibbs would have never hired a guy like Munusky.

You see, Gruden is so afraid to hire his replacement that he keeps picking also ran DCs. He actually hired a guy that was in charge of a defense that didn't win a game the entire season.

If Gruden replaces Manusky with another guy that doesn't have the chops or resume to be a HC, then he deserves what he gets. He needs to smarten up, because no matter who the DC is next year, Jay will get fired if this shit continues. Injuries or not.

Jay should have NO SAY in the next DC. If that doesn't work for him then it's been fun.

I agree this all goes back to when he hired Barry over Wade Phipps. Bottom line here is that we are a winning team without the injuries. that's all danny boy wants to see. But if a guy li9ke Bowles becomes avaible and he sticks with Manusky then Dan is going to have to step in.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very depressing the state the Redskins are in now. They just cut one of their best players and one of the FEW players that play hard every week. DJ was right with what he said. But he should have kept that in house.

Gibbs would have cut DJ too, but Gibbs would have commanded enough respect within the locker room that DJ would have never pulled that stunt. In addition, Gibbs would have never hired a guy like Munusky.

You see, Gruden is so afraid to hire his replacement that he keeps picking also ran DCs. He actually hired a guy that was in charge of a defense that didn't win a game the entire season.

If Gruden replaces Manusky with another guy that doesn't have the chops or resume to be a HC, then he deserves what he gets. He needs to smarten up, because no matter who the DC is next year, Jay will get fired if this shit continues. Injuries or not.

Jay should have NO SAY in the next DC. If that doesn't work for him then it's been fun.
So you would want Allen or Snyder to pick the next DC? Really?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Eric Schaffer who should be Bruce's replacement.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it all about DJ in your first sentence. He broke a team rule by not keeping his mouth in the locker room and broadcasting his feelings to the media instead. That alone will get you fired most of the time no matter where you work!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skin fans freaking out over DJ lol who cares if he is a redskin or not I hope all the players stand by DJ and we waive the whole team

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line here is that we are a winning team without the injuries.

No, that's your opinion that's all that is. The bottom line is the Skins are losers of 4 of their last 5 games and one more ass whippin away from finishing under .500.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad DJ can't play near as well as he runs his mouth.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if DJ was actually trying to talk his way out of DC........and I wouldn't blame him much either.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan backed his coach over a popular player and fan favorite who was still playing well. That might be a first. Dare I say growth on his part?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins waived S D.J. Swearinger.

Swearinger said he was called into coach Jay Gruden's office Monday morning and informed of his release. An every-snap player who had played well this season, the move is a surprise based on the timing, but Swearinger had worn out his welcome in the locker room. The final straw was the safety saying he "probably watches more film than the coaches," after Washington's loss to the Titans on Saturday. Swearinger should quickly find a new home, likely with a playoff team.
Related: Redskins

Source: Grant Paulsen on Twitter
Dec 24 - 11:42 AM

I guess signing Dix back is a priority. Looks like Manusky is safe too.

Looks like the playoff team didn’t pan out for him. Cards claimed him

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan backed his coach over a popular player and fan favorite who was still playing well. That might be a first. Dare I say growth on his part?

Great. At this rate they should be SB contenders by say 2030 or 2031 - can't wait. Pretty depressing the most celebrated move on this forum is the team getting rid of one of their better players. Not saying that he didn't deserve it- he did. However it just shows the current sorry state of affairs for this organization.

Dean - keep telling yourself that the only problems for this team are injuries. You wouldn't by chance be interested in some prime real estate in the swamp lands of Florida - would you? Good Grief

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I would have fined him. No way I cut DJ.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great. At this rate they should be SB contenders by say 2030 or 2031 - can't wait. Pretty depressing the most celebrated move on this forum is the team getting rid of one of their better players. Not saying that he didn't deserve it- he did. However it just shows the current sorry state of affairs for this organization.

Dean - keep telling yourself that the only problems for this team are injuries. You wouldn't by chance be interested in some prime real estate in the swamp lands of Florida - would you? Good Grief

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who goes next? I've got my wish list!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure you could keep DJ . he was told over and over about going to the press and calling out players and coaches .

DJ can be 100% right but he needed to keep that shit at the park

i get the impression that he might have been part of the culture problem here

i mean how many times do you have to tell the guy to keep it out of the press ? 4/ 5 /6 times ?

he is a box safety who struggles in coverage . and how about his tackling ? he wasnt all world there

yeah i probably would have fined him but what signal does it send other players if they let manusky go while he is on the team after he did what he did ?

the problem is some of you wanted gruden to be harder on the team and when he does you guys gripe about it

losing DJ is the least of our problems at this point

this guy has been on now 5 teams in 6 years , why ? because he wasnt a trouble maker?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure you could keep DJ . he was told over and over about going to the press and calling out players and coaches .

i mean how many times do you have to tell the guy to keep it out of the press ? 4/ 5 /6 times ?

he is a box safety who struggles in coverage . and how about his tackling ? he wasnt all world there

yeah i probably would have fined him but what signal does it send other players if they let manusky go while he is on the team after he did what he did ?

the problem is some of you wanted gruden to be harder on the team and when he does you guys gripe about it

this guy has been on now 5 teams in 6 years , why ? because he wasnt a trouble maker?

dad, I think we've got another player named Norman who also criticizes his team to the media way too much when many of his comments should be kept in house.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I can really say is, I don't agree with it, but I understand it. That's the best way I can put it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree you couldn't keep him. But we sure as hell could have traded him. I would have suspended him from the last game and traded him in the offseason. We could have received a 4-6 round pick easily. This again is lack of foresight by this FO.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree you couldn't keep him. But we sure as hell could have traded him. I would have suspended him from the last game and traded him in the offseason. We could have received a 4-6 round pick easily. This again is lack of foresight by this FO.

I agree completely!