• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow what a difference a year makes

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett 35-40 348 yards 2 TDs (should have been three Clay caught that ball)

Seems to have total command of offense and throws are pinpoint....looks like a completely different player than last year.only played 2 1/2 quarters.

Depth....Tonkery gets hurt and we have Bruce going in.....a two year starter on this team coming in as a back up...that is depth.

We needed to win like this tonight....now set our sights on Maryland and get a little payback...Twerps struggled with USF but they also had 6 TO's and still won. Diggs was banged up today, hopefully it lingers....was not impressed with their overall team speed, but you never know how this rivalry game will go.

Great day to be a Mountaineer!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was great, THAT is how you are supposed to beat the cupcakes on the schedule. Only one thing kept it from being a perfect night, sPitt won...... I LOVED that OSU-VPI game, Bud Foster's defense is what football is all about in my book, the B11, after getting props for beating MAC teams last week was exposes, leaving the door open for the B12 champ to get in the playoff. The Herd won, It was also amusing that ND POUNDED UM, the only bad thing there was that it was ND putting the beatdown on them. Great Saturday of CFB!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am encouraged by what I've seen through the first two games. Clint looks like the QB we thought we'd be seeing last year. It is great to hear Dana say he trusts Clint, that Clint is managing the game well, and that he can make any call this year.

Nice to see the defense get their first shutout since the Coastal Carolina game a few years ago. Those kids were fighting hard all the way to the end of the game.

Hopefully, this team continues to improve… continues to grow. But, they look confident. Maybe we're seeing with our own eyes… what made Dana feel confident heading into the Bama game.

Dana said he liked this team. So do I…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we MAY finally have a capable coaching staff who are working together on defense, that would have made a huge difference the past two years. I loved the shutout, hiring Bradley is paying off.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we MAY finally have a capable coaching staff who are working together on defense, that would have made a huge difference the past two years. I loved the shutout, hiring Bradley is paying off.

Maybe we do.

Gibby knows the Stack. He is tweaking it to match his wishes. Bradley knows how to devise a game plan.

Gotta give Dana credit. When his hires did't work out, he got rid of them.

I hope the defense stays healthy. While they have improved their depth…. thankfully… some of our starters are more than a leg up on their backups.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im cautiously optimistic. We beat a Towson like we are supposed to beat a team from that level but a few things:

1. How good/bad is THIS years Towson team? last years was pretty good but..?

2. We saw last night what a system like ours can do when we have success up front, on both lines. No matter how good Towson is that will be the worst offensive and defensive lines we will see all year. Can we A. get better, continue to gel and compete against better talent that's coming up or will we B.struggle against better programs that are coming up? I HOPE its option A. I know we have skill guys that can beat anyone in the country but can we continue to protect and provide for them on offense and keep getting pressure from the DL on defense? Those are my lingering concerns moving forward.

Maryland will be a good measuring stick for this years team at this point (where have we all heard this line before?) of the season and could give us a better idea of what to expect for the remainder of the year. I am very much looking forward to this weeks test! Nice win for the program and we got to see a glimpse of the future at QB in Willy F'N football!:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im cautiously optimistic. We beat a Towson like we are supposed to beat a team from that level but a few things:

2. We saw last night what a system like ours can do when we have success up front, on both lines. No matter how good Towson is that will be the worst offensive and defensive lines we will see all year. Can we A. get better, continue to gel and compete against better talent that's coming up or will we B.struggle against better programs that are coming up? I HOPE its option A. I know we have skill guys that can beat anyone in the country but can we continue to protect and provide for them on offense and keep getting pressure from the DL on defense? Those are my lingering concerns moving forward.

Maryland will be a good measuring stick for this years team at this point (where have we all heard this line before?) of the season and could give us a better idea of what to expect for the remainder of the year. I am very much looking forward to this weeks test! Nice win for the program and we got to see a glimpse of the future at QB in Willy F'N football!:lol:

:agree: WVU has passed both tests so far, as always line play is the key to success on the football field, without it, the best QB and backs cant do much. I don't think UMD has as much this year, but will be a measure of a team of similar pedigree, many times, the UMD game seems to foretell the season.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked seeing Crest with his arm around Holgersen's shoulders after he made that TD. It shows a great relationship especially for a Freshman. I also liked seeing Millard coming over to congratulate Crest after the TD.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This years Towson team is not good at all. They sucked up till last year and 90% of last years team production is gone.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. They looked good defensively, BUT they had a LOT of 3 and outs. QBs missed open WRs. Now that could have been issues with the QBs or our pressure. We did a much better job of getting pressure last night.

2.Well, that MAY be the worst lines we face. I'm not sure how many big hogs came back from last year, but remember they lost to NDST in the championship. NDST dominated KST last year and IAST this year. If they had more than half their lines back, I find that promising.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to agree with GoldRusher on being cautiously optimistic. I like what I see so far. I will go ahead and admit that promoting Gibson to DC and running the 3-3-5 is proving me wrong. May be ordering 2 plates of crow. If this should occur, I would prefer one Cajun style and the other one BBQ brushed with a sweet & spicy sauce.