• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow this isn't going to end for Cam Newton anytime soon

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it begins. He could hear people talking about him. He was young. Biggest game of his life...

I think it could be argued the Masters to a pro golfer is every much as important to him as the SB is to a football player?
72 holes over four days of total concentration. Coupled with possibly being one of four who players to have won back-to-back Masters in over 80 years. It being a person not a team sport. Yet Spieth found a way to be a pro.

Keep apologizing though.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to cut Newton a break. One, he lost the biggest game of his life. Two, he was doing the presser in the same general area that folks on the Broncos were doing their interviews. Three, he is a very young athlete, and experience and time will help him in the future. Not a big deal at all.

I agree with one and two, but cutting Cam a break.....hmmm. I didn't see much if any break cutting by Cam far as dabbing, dapping, and doing photo ops while games were still in progress during the Panthers period of going 17-1. He also didn't do himself any favors either citing racism for why everyone wasn't kissing his ass. Claiming he was a freakish-like athlete the like no one has ever seen before. Or suggesting, much less seriously believing, that the mantra should be LeBron is playing like Cam instead of vice versa. While LeBron has been one of those freakish-like athlete rarely seen for over a decade now. With 6 title appearances, 2 rings, and multiple league MVP awards to his credit. While Cam had no such credits to his career besides a single league MVP he had just won like a minute ago.

Cam has no one to blame, but Cam if no breaks were cut for him. I like Cam, truly, but one good or even great season doesn't make one a boss. It can put you on the road to becoming one. But you can also run your mouth and show your ass so much while on the road to being a boss. That if/when for whatever reason you fall short of the ultimate goal at the end of that road. People, lots of em, aren't gonna let shit go or let you forget it for a long time.

Maybe though this is part of the experience and time that will serve to help him in the future.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the Sham Newton apologists to comment. Like Shannon Sharpe does any other sports caster whine more then him:doh:

I'm sorry for Cam Newton. Really, I am.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is the typical guy that can dish it - but can't take it... Definition of an insecure individual...

Last edited:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharper already did come to the defense of Newton. I kind of agree that golf has nothing to do with the SB, but this is going to be the comparison people go to whenever someone loses with class. Sucks for Newton because I don't think he is that bad of a guy, just a huge showboat.

If Shannon Sharpe truly can't figure it out then he's probably taken too many blows to the helmet.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is the typical guy that can dish it - but can't take it... Definition of an insecure individual...

Actually Cam doesn't give a damn. You guys are the ones that make this a big issue. Two months from the SB, and people are still whining.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Cam doesn't give a damn. You guys are the ones that make this a big issue. Two months from the SB, and people are still whining.
I think you're quite wrong. Sham needs the limelight. His fragile ego can't handle loss. Let alone not being the star attraction or having any negative publicity.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was brought up today because the topic went nuts on Twitter yesterday following Spieth's collapse at the Masters and how he dealt with it afterwards like a pro.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know he doesn't care?

zach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam should of behaved himself a little bit better during the interviews but he is still a good athlete and I think others need to also cut him some slack. He's supported by Stephen Curry so I think his true talent is still to come.

Attachments

• steph-curry-cam-newton-650-433.png
    steph-curry-cam-newton-650-433.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 30

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people are whining about it, when you're a pro athlete playing on TV, you open yourself up to public critics. Nothing personal, he knew exactly what he was going to get after that interview and that's the way he wanted it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam should of behaved himself a little bit better during the interviews but he is still a good athlete and I think others need to also cut him some slack. He's supported by Stephen Curry so I think his true talent is still to come.

He "should of" huh?

Being "supported" by Steph Curry somehow makes you more talented?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam should move in w/ Curry... Kinda like how Manziel allegedly moved in w/ Miller...

zach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "should of" huh?

Being "supported" by Steph Curry somehow makes you more talented?
I guess you have a point but athletes will be athletes and being backed by another athlete who has crazy talent is a good thing since it does effect how much more harder you will work to become more talented.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Cam fan but he was a putz to be sure in the post game interview. There is no excuse for that
I agree 100%. However this is a huge opportunity for him to grow as an athlete, person and role model so we will see if he takes it.

Right now he is doing the best thing he can which is staying out of the limelight and keeping his mouth shut so at least he isn't making it worst.