• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow this isn't going to end for Cam Newton anytime soon

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably really wishing he'd have been better in the post game presser after losing the Superbowl. His name is now synonymous with being a poor sport. So much so that he's become the standard to compare too when losing a big game. The Masters was "lost" this weekend in astounding fashion by Jordan Spieth who gave up 6 shots in 3 holes on the back nine. But he came out afterward and was gracious and gave several long interviews. Instantly twitter lit up with the Cam comparisons. This is Newtons legacy now unless he can somehow change the dial on his public image.

Jordan Spieth talked after losing, so folks ranted about Cam Newton

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Cam Newton is a whiny, little baby that can't handle being beaten by a better team. It's too bad a classy player like Luke Keuchly is on a team where that clown is considered the face of the franchise. So glad Von Miller and co. took him to school so we would be saved from any Super Bowl dabbing from the classless one.

Go Broncos!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the Sham Newton apologists to comment. Like Shannon Sharpe does any other sports caster whine more then him:doh:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the Sham Newton apologists to comment. Like Shannon Sharpe does any other sports caster whine more then him:doh:

Shannon Sharper already did come to the defense of Newton. I kind of agree that golf has nothing to do with the SB, but this is going to be the comparison people go to whenever someone loses with class. Sucks for Newton because I don't think he is that bad of a guy, just a huge showboat.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there will be apologists for Cam. Dude needs to man up when Things don't go his way. I felt he matured a lot last year and became more of a leader, then he pulls that stunt in post game................................

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there will be apologists for Cam. Dude needs to man up when Things don't go his way. I felt he matured a lot last year and became more of a leader, then he pulls that stunt in post game................................
All you have to do is pull up all the post SB threads about Cam's whinning and you'll find your apologists. Give it time they wil be here soon. They're not necessarily Panther fans many are the 20 something (what have you done for me lately) crowd.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to cut Newton a break. One, he lost the biggest game of his life. Two, he was doing the presser in the same general area that folks on the Broncos were doing their interviews. Three, he is a very young athlete, and experience and time will help him in the future. Not a big deal at all.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is a little baby and a bad role model in a league full of them.

That said...golf post-game pressers are slightly different than a Super Bowl. There's virtually no similarities in the emotions and physicality between the two games.

Golf needs more Cam Newton (simply to elevate the boredom level)...and the NFL needs more Jordan Spieth.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to cut Newton a break. One, he lost the biggest game of his life. Two, he was doing the presser in the same general area that folks on the Broncos were doing their interviews. Three, he is a very young athlete, and experience and time will help him in the future. Not a big deal at all.

All of this applies to Keuchly, doesn't it? He handled it both maturely and professionally. Is it wrong to hold Newton to a similar standard?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really defend his SB post-game stuff, other than to say I'm not sure I would have handled it any better if I were in his shoes. Like Balljim said, we can still be his fans and expect better sportsmanship/behavior out of him.

I'm also hoping Cam grows out of the public sulking. We'll see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we ever start comparing golfer's etiquette to NFL players...the NFL will be in some trouble I think.

That said, maybe Cam watched the Masters and saw how Spieth handled the loss...he'll bounce back.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to cut Cam some slack once we see what he's learned from it.

If five years from now he's still pulling the same shit, then yeah fuck him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to cut Cam some slack once we see what he's learned from it.

If five years from now he's still pulling the same shit, then yeah fuck him.

Five years?? If he hasn't learned his lesson by game one of the pre-season this year then he's a lost cause and will be a poor sport forever.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this applies to Keuchly, doesn't it? He handled it both maturely and professionally. Is it wrong to hold Newton to a similar standard?

Yes, because, to be fair, Keuchly hasn't spent his entire career making an ass out of himself.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't Like Scam and think he missed a couple "woodshed" trips when he was a kid but.....................

:agree:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he adjusts his attitude a little then I won't ever bring this up.

But if he is going to be the biggest showboater when winning and a baby when losing, then he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree with this more. Did you see how the UNC players reacted after losing the national championship game to Villanova? They manned up and answered in the questions in the post game press conference. They're a lot younger than Newton, and they lost in the most heartbreaking, gut wrenching way possible.

If those 18-22 year olds can man up and face the press after that loss, there's no excuse for Cam Newton not to after the Super Bowl.