• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow this isn't going to end for Cam Newton anytime soon

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam likely doesn't possess the concentration required to b e on the PGA. If hearing someone talking about his piss poor performance can throw him into a 6 year old hissy fit. Imagine missing a 3' putt to win a major? He'd have to be talked off the ledge. He is quite possibly the most weak minded pro currently playing in any major sport.

It's the same thing. QB's make bad throws and they're supposed to immediately forget about it and move on. Have you ever watched Bubba Watson? Spieth is constantly cussing himself out. And as immature as Cam is as a NFL QB he's still a NFL QB and has a grasp of that. He needs to improve mentally but that loss was a team effort. He wasn't the only one that played like shit. That doesn't excuse him from checking out at the end of the game but that loss was a team effort. And it wasn't like he was playing against a mediocre defense. They were the best in the NFL.

And as far as the golf comparison goes, the PGA probably has their fair share of candy-asses. It's just that they're programmed to know that the thing with the PGA is that being a walking billboard is a major part of their income and they've had that drilled into them for a long time as it's a gear heavy sport. When's the last time that someone went out shopping for some football cleats to improve their football play?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:faint::exploding::rant::bawling:
It's the same thing. QB's make bad throws and they're supposed to immediately forget about it and move on. Have you ever watched Bubba Watson? Spieth is constantly cussing himself out. And as immature as Cam is as a NFL QB he's still a NFL QB and has a grasp of that. He needs to improve mentally but that loss was a te:yes:am effort. He wasn't the only one that played like shit. That doesn't excuse him from checking out at the end of the game but that loss was a team effort. And it wasn't like he was playing against a mediocre defense. They were the best in the NFL.

And as far as the golf comparison goes, the PGA probably has their fair share of candy-asses. It's just that they're programmed to know that the thing with the PGA is that being a walking billboard is a major part of their income and they've had that drilled into them for a long time as it's a gear heavy sport. When's the last time that someone went out shopping for some football cleats to improve their football play?
You make some valid points. But, sorry I'm not buying it. Cam would've acted like a punk with the post Master's interview. Too many others have gone thru the same thing and manned up post SB. Some of his team that you mentioned took part in the loss didnxt act like bitches.
What makes it worse was Cam dabbing, Super Manning, jump shooting, pointing after every score, big play...
Let's imagine Cam and Spieth walking down 18. Cam has just blown a 3 shot lead to go back to back Master Champion. Spieth stops and takes a selfie withhis caddy, then the crowd. Gives a kid a glove and chest bumps his mom on his way to the putting surface.

this is Cam before blowing a 3 stroke lead:yes::hammer::minion::nutswing::rockon::whoo:
Cam after seeing the Spieth dab and having to answer questions:sad2::puzzled:>:(:baby::bawling::exploding:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have a point but athletes will be athletes and being backed by another athlete who has crazy talent is a good thing since it does effect how much more harder you will work to become more talented.

Does it? LeBron clearly was in Johnny Manzeil's corner, but he ignored advice LeBron tried to give him. There are various reasons or possibilities why one athlete refuses to listen to another athlete.

If athletes who had crazy talent athletes listened to other crazy talented athletes. DeAndre Jordan would be shooting a lot better than a funky ass 43% from the FT line this year.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:faint::exploding::rant::bawling:
You make some valid points. But, sorry I'm not buying it. Cam would've acted like a punk with the post Master's interview. Too many others have gone thru the same thing and manned up post SB. Some of his team that you mentioned took part in the loss didnxt act like bitches.
What makes it worse was Cam dabbing, Super Manning, jump shooting, pointing after every score, big play...
Let's imagine Cam and Spieth walking down 18. Cam has just blown a 3 shot lead to go back to back Master Champion. Spieth stops and takes a selfie withhis caddy, then the crowd. Gives a kid a glove and chest bumps his mom on his way to the putting surface.

this is Cam before blowing a 3 stroke lead:yes::hammer::minion::nutswing::rockon::whoo:
Cam after seeing the Spieth dab and having to answer questions:sad2::puzzled:>:(:baby::bawling::exploding:

It's different. A golfer hits the press conference and he's got a titlelist hat with a calloway shirt and he's representing the company the entire time. They really are walking billboards. NASCAR drivers are as nasty as they come but they can handle an interview in the worst sorts of situations because they understand that function #1 is being a billboard. It's not the same with football.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different. A golfer hits the press conference and he's got a titlelist hat with a calloway shirt and he's representing the company the entire time. They really are walking billboards. NASCAR drivers are as nasty as they come but they can handle an interview in the worst sorts of situations because they understand that function #1 is being a billboard. It's not the same with football.
Still not buying it. What does Manning like to drink with his Pizza? Who get more commercials?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not buying it. What does Manning like to drink with his Pizza? Who get more commercials?

Like I said, apples and oranges. Cam knows he has a very generous steady income every weekend with his job. The only steady income a golfer has is his endorsements. These are two entirely different things and the sponsors want to make sure their spokesmen conduct themselves appropriately.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread.

zach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it? LeBron clearly was in Johnny Manzeil's corner, but he ignored advice LeBron tried to give him. There are various reasons or possibilities why one athlete refuses to listen to another athlete.

If athletes who had crazy talent athletes listened to other crazy talented athletes. DeAndre Jordan would be shooting a lot better than a funky ass 43% from the FT line this year.
I get your point and the person at the end of the day control their own destiny/fate. Johnny Manzeil has always been an ignorant SOB, and Deandre Jordan has always had a bad FT percentage so no comment.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point and the person at the end of the day control their own destiny/fate. Johnny Manzeil has always been an ignorant SOB, and Deandre Jordan has always had a bad FT percentage so no comment.

Heh. Which is why I said there are various reasons for why an athlete might not listen to another athlete. I think arrogance not ignorance is more a Manzeil issue. Regardless though, I think either one would be tougher to help him overcome. Than DJ's FT issue which I think could be solved with a couple hours practice everyday over a summertime.

zach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Which is why I said there are various reasons for why an athlete might not listen to another athlete. I think arrogance not ignorance is more a Manzeil issue. Regardless though, I think either one would be tougher to help him overcome. Than DJ's FT issue which I think could be solved with a couple hours practice everyday over a summertime.
That's why Steph Curry is the one making history.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the PGA probably has their fair share of candy-asses.

Sergio Garcia probably qualifies. That was a big ol' candy-ass, bitch-move spitting into a hole back in the day.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated, I know, but a couple times a year, I have to go to a south Atlanta neighborhood called Red Oak near the airport and drill at a Martin Marietta quarry, and when you turn onto Buffington Road, there's a sign that says "Birthplace of Cam Newton" and the only store on the road, which has a Subway in it, there's an older(50's, possibly early 60's) tall black man driving a brand new Bentley there. It's kind of out of place, since it's in a pretty low income part of town with the noise of the airport, and I've always wondered if it's Cam's dad.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. He's still hitting a big fat 0fer far as wining a major golf championship isn't he?

Yeah, but based by my standards he's still a god. There was one tournament with like a 170+ par 3 and he went PW every time and birdied it twice.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If people look long enough they can probably find almost everybody having a bad day at some point. The reason guys like Sergio don't get railed like Cam is because with Sergio (and others) its a one off kind of thing. Cam sulks all the bloody time when he's losing. You can see him with his towel tucked in to his shirt, sitting by himself, head down, looking pathetic. But when he's winning...well that's a whole different story. He's dabbing, supermaning, pointing for first downs, posing for the cameras, all smiles. Very few (if any) sports celebs act so hot and cold as Newton does. And that's the reason he gets the sissy poor sport label. Honestly I think if he didn't do all the show-off, look-at-me, type of stuff every single game the hissy fit after the SB wouldn't be as much of an issue. But I believe it was some smart old guy who once said "live by the sword, die by the sword". That seems to fit Newton pretty well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more it's about just those that like him vs. those that don't. Brady will whine at the refs, give curt answers, cuss on TV, all the same things.. Peyton will storm out of a Superbowl loss without shaking hands. NBA players will sulk and not shake hands, Bad Boys Pistons walked off before the game was even over. Tennis players the same (Venus storming off without shaking hands, I think it was Hingis who's mom had to bring her back out), Randy Moss will walk off the field early. It's part of sports. He rides the highs of winning and the lows of losing, more like a tennis player or boxer than other athletes sure.

I don't know Cam personally, not going to pretend I do either. And not going to let a couple minutes of him not liking losing games define him to me, I could care less how pissed he is when he loses myself. Let the gossip columns think that's what football boils down to. Like you say, he clearly loves winning and hates losing... Not a major issue for me.