• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow! Norv Turner just quit!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring health reasons, I understand completely!! I've been working in some capacity since I was 12 and at several points in your life you want to pull your shingle and quit. Call it love or dedication to the craft you hold on until that light bulb moment where you say F**K it....I'm done. My time came when a friend and colleague asked, "What are the chances that you will have another 60 years to spend with your family?" Now, everyone can't just walk away, but after being a HC and long time OC, if his money is right, maybe this was his time.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring health reasons, I understand completely!! I've been working in some capacity since I was 12 and at several points in your life you want to pull your shingle and quit. Call it love or dedication to the craft you hold on until that light bulb moment where you say F**K it....I'm done. My time came when a friend and colleague asked, "What are the chances that you will have another 60 years to spend with your family?" Now, everyone can't just walk away, but after being a HC and long time OC, if his money is right, maybe this was his time.
Its funny that you posted this. I actually had the same epiphany. I was fortunate enough in my career through some hard work and a bit of luck that at 46, I called it quits. I came to the same conclusion. after spending 25 years running hard, I realized that I was missing so much. So I just quit. I was able to spend time with my kids as they finished HS and then college. The wife and i have spent some really cool time together traveling. I don't regret it a bit. I recognize that most aren't in a position to do this. I'm not independently wealthy, I have to manage my money. But money, I've come to learn, isn't anything without health and happiness.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a riff within the organization. Coaches don't just quit in mid-season unless there is a big issue, not exactly sure what his quote was but he made that clear..

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Yeah, while everyone said the right thing. It was also noted that Ziommer and Turner had different ideas about how the offense should be run.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Yeah, while everyone said the right thing. It was also noted that Ziommer and Turner had different ideas about how the offense should be run.

With their numerous injuries that offense is a disaster at this time. If the Redskins defense can't handle them in a few weeks then they won't be able to handle anyone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that you posted this. I actually had the same epiphany. I was fortunate enough in my career through some hard work and a bit of luck that at 46, I called it quits. I came to the same conclusion. after spending 25 years running hard, I realized that I was missing so much. So I just quit. I was able to spend time with my kids as they finished HS and then college. The wife and i have spent some really cool time together traveling. I don't regret it a bit. I recognize that most aren't in a position to do this. I'm not independently wealthy, I have to manage my money. But money, I've come to learn, isn't anything without health and happiness.
i in essnce have done the same thing i retired from the army and have been working 4-6 months out of the year for a decade

i am not rich at all , i am middle class perhaps lower middle class but i am happy and so is the family

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not at that point yet but my main goal right now is to retire by 40 basically and like you said not do it through being rich as much as through managing my money.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When offenses suck, coordinators "resign"..not usually mid-season, but the Vikes still have time to make corrections and get back on track.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next May the health insurance in my pension plan goes down by over 200 per month(wife and I).

Thinking that's a good time to hang it up.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their numerous injuries that offense is a disaster at this time. If the Redskins defense can't handle them in a few weeks then they won't be able to handle anyone.

Yeah.....too many times the Skins defense has been the remedy for what ails a struggling offense.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....too many times the Skins defense has been the remedy for what ails a struggling offense.

To be fair in the last 4 games the Redskins defense overall has done pretty well. They were more than adequate in the Ravens & Eagles game, played well against the Lions except obviously on the last drive & did alright for the most part against the Bengals (a lot of it was AJ Green who won't be stopped by most teams). If they play at this level moving forward I think that they will be doing as well as they can given their talent level. Just need to avoid performances like in the 1st half of the season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about bringing in Norv as a consultant to McVay? Possibly be a RZ analyst to assist McVay.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about bringing in Norv as a consultant to McVay? Possibly be a RZ analyst to assist McVay.

i wouldnt do anything like that until after the season if mcvay leaves

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair in the last 4 games the Redskins defense overall has done pretty well. They were more than adequate in the Ravens & Eagles game, played well against the Lions except obviously on the last drive & did alright for the most part against the Bengals (a lot of it was AJ Green who won't be stopped by most teams). If they play at this level moving forward I think that they will be doing as well as they can given their talent level. Just need to avoid performances like in the 1st half of the season.

Oh, I was referring to defenses of the past. After a rocky start this defense has looked decent for the most part and good at times. I still feel that tackling at every level is an issue for the Skins, but in other areas they've been nice, top 5 in in the league in fact.

In sacks the Skins are in a 4 way tie for 3rd for most sacks by a team this year. Only 2 teams have more sacks than the Skins.

In passes defensed they're in a 4 way tie for 5th for most passes defensed. Only 4 teams have more passes defensed.

They're #1 in the league when it comes to forcing fumbles with 14. Unfortunately though they've only recovered 5.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When offenses suck, coordinators "resign"..not usually mid-season, but the Vikes still have time to make corrections and get back on track.
A shitty OL, below average RBs and a journeyman QB is not a recipe for success on offense.