• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow, labeled a whiner

jojoh07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow just read that thread , the commish seems like a douche , drop ur team man , drop all all ur players and give a big fuk u , bush league move by 2 teams and even a bigger moron is the commish .

Been doing fantasy for too long , commished many . the 2 owners who made that deal would either get a warning or both booted depending how i felt that day

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like jojo said trade your best players to the guys closest competition and screw them definite bull shit move.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Miller, Oak TE
Brandon Jackson, GB RB
Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB

for

Arian Foster, Hou RB
Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
Reggie Wayne, Ind WR

My trade is WAY worse than theirs, I am going to try and help Ritari win this thing

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was called a whiner years ago in a board fantasy league too. It was on the Swamp's Habs board and the board king (he was actually a nice guy but acted like he was king and for some reason a bunch of others treated him like that as well) talked another into trading him Mike Modano for a just returned from Europe Wes Walz.

Then for days the person getting Walz was trying to convince everyone how he actually preferred to have Walz over Modano. It didnt work and half the players were called whiners and the league kind of died.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't imagine anyone wanted to play in these leagues next season, it just seems so childish to play a league like that. A waste of time is all it is.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anyone wanted to play in these leagues next season, it just seems so childish to play a league like that. A waste of time is all it is.

You must be in a different league than the one I'm in here. I haven't seen any lopsided trades in my league

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are in SportsHoopla league one. But here is the origional message

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/sports-forum-general-discussion/20936-shady-ass-trade-ffl1.html

That thread is hilarious.

Free leagues with people you don't know = whaddayagonnado.

In a pay league or competitive league between friends... that trade never happens. And the participants are beaten.

In a free league? Where its either only one of 20 free leagues someone's in that they just joined for the Fuck of it? Against people who are vague acquaintences at best? Shit like that will happen every time.

Not everyone in a free fantasy league really gives a crap about it.

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've honestly agreed with you on too many things, elyeah...but that is a crock. I would be pissed too as I'm an active manager in all of my fantasy leagues. I think they were out of line with the name calling. I don't think it was about whining as much as it was about making a valid point concerning a bogus trade.

Hopefully, it will backfire and they'll fail miserably!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've honestly agreed with you on too many things, elyeah...but that is a crock. I would be pissed too as I'm an active manager in all of my fantasy leagues. I think they were out of line with the name calling. I don't think it was about whining as much as it was about making a valid point concerning a bogus trade.

Hopefully, it will backfire and they'll fail miserably!

I second that. Especially the hawkeye fan throwing in his two cents...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the concept of vetoing a lopsided trade never even occured to the commish, obviously hasn't played in any pay leagues before. Even if it's free, I agree, I'd get pissed too if I was playing to win.

I mean, I play in some recreational sports leagues, just becaues there's no money on the game doesn't mean everyone would be cool with cheating.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The guy who got Johnson and Gates is losing BIG!!!!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once made a complaint about how the NHL handled the Kovalchuk trade and got called a whiner.

Oh YEAH. I was neg repped and called out by the OP as always complaining about Bettman (despite that being my first post about Bettman or the NHL as an organization).

Should I give a neg rep about a guy lamenting about his misfortunes in an online fantasy football league?

Nah. Best let karma do it's thing.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I give a neg rep about a guy lamenting about his misfortunes in an online fantasy football league?

Only if he actually also started a second thread about it on a different, unrelated board, without "OT" in the thread title.

oh...

wait...

:eek::D:cool:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once made a complaint about how the NHL handled the Kovalchuk trade and got called a whiner.

Oh YEAH. I was neg repped and called out by the OP as always complaining about Bettman (despite that being my first post about Bettman or the NHL as an organization).

I got neg repped for saying the Kovalchuk deal didn't merit any penalty from the NHL since they had let similar deals go for similar 'circumventing'... didn't know it was such a sensitive issue.

Penalty seems a little harsh, looking back at how that deal has turned out so far.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kovalchuck? Never heard of him. Does he play for the Leafs?

Kenny is right. Karma is a motherfucker...

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So my trade to Ritari was vetoed