• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow folks.......

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't understand why it took so long to surface :confused2: it just makes me wonder why, if the parents of these kids were so deeply upset, why did they not bring it to the worlds attention sooner:noidea:

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't understand why it took so long to surface :confused2: it just makes me wonder why, if the parents of these kids were so deeply upset, why did they not bring it to the worlds attention sooner:noidea:

Now that it's safe, watch them come out of the woodwork.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, and thats part of what i dislike about things like this, it makes me wonder which of the multiple stories that will now surely flood out, are true. and im sure that quite a few of the stories are true, but just like with the tiger woods scandal (and obviously its a completely different situation but its the best comparison for what im trying to say) i wonder if some are just saying it to get attention. do you truly believe that 100% of those women really slept with tiger? i don't.

now obviously this is a much much MUCH more serious situation, and i really do feel for the victims and i don't think that any of these victims are just saying that this happened to them for attention, but when things like this happen and it seems like hundreds of stories all come out within a short period of time, sometimes it gets a little hard to believe every single one of these people's stories.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why people do not come forward. Because it's a respected person of authority (in this case, a football hero). Who's going to believe some kid who's a recipient of this guys' charity? Or his low rent mother?

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It appears it took so long because the grand jury took two years to investigate and finally some victims (now adults) came forward to a real police dept and not campus cops. Many of the victims aren't super excited to talk about getting raped by an old guy. It was reported to campus cops back when he was 'allowed to resign' but they let him keep his keys. Nice.

This happened in Lincoln with Joe Ballard running a program for at risk male youths. Same type of deal except he wasn't employed for a major big 10 university.

http://journalstar.com/article_0b4d9f50-1d73-11df-9b40-001cc4c03286.html

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fully realize that this is no joking matter, but it is hard to write this without thinking it's a joke. WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH THIS SICKO'S MIND WHEN HE CALLED HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY "TOUCHED"???

but really, i can't believe what has happened. the attorney general's report is sickening, and obviously this is just a small fraction of the total amount of incidents. another thing i can't believe is that the WR coach has been around the program for almost 10 years AFTER he saw the guy with the kid in the shower. from what it sounds like, this guy has been very close to the program in this time, so the WR coach must see him all the time. how can you just act like you never saw something like that? how can you just be okay with knowing that a pervert like that is free to do what he wants?

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can the NCAA enact any punishment on the program?

We had this discussion at work and we think probably not. The coaches could get a show cause penalty and be branded for life. The Big 10 could talk about kicking Penn out of the conference as it appears this goes from janitors - grand assistants - coaches - ad - presidents. The morality issue and the Big 10 'we are better than everyone else' attitude will take a huge hit because of this.

The NCAA would only investigate if they discover a player or two knew about it and elected to not tell and received a reward of some sorts....which I don't think is out of the realm of possibilities since this guy was taking 10 year olds with him on bowl trips.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if media asked for more press passes than normal for Saturday's game. With everthing going on.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't liked Paterno for years, but now after hearing about this, I hate the guy and the other people who were involved with this debacle.

Also, you can bet this will be used as a motivational tool by Paterno, because that's the kind of person he is.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i guess the T.O. vs. Paterno argument is settled....

In my mind it was settled after the 1994 Rose Bowl game ended and Paterno said Penn State deserved to be number one. Osborne and Paterno both agreed to not campaign for their respective teams if they won their bowl games. Osborne being the better man, stuck to the agreement.

nrgmorris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heys guys. I know I don't post on here a lot, and my opinion ain't worth two squirts of piss, I just wanted to say something about this and get it off my chest. I don't care if Paterno is/was a football god, the fact of the matter is that he was apparently part of a growing list of people who knew wtf was going on, but just let it happen. Like,"Oh well, I did my part. It's not my kid getting raped." Fuck that. All I know is that if it had been me who walked in on that, no matter who's kid it was, somebody would end up with a lot of broken shit. And if that had happened to my boy, I would like to think that someone else would do the same. That is why I think all these pricks should get fucked in the neck, because trust was broken, the system was broken, and most importantly, any sense of security was broken.

OK, sorry, thanks for letting me vent.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet anyone on the PSU coaching staff and in the AD made sure to keep their own kids away from the rapist, oh well for everyone else though

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heys guys. I know I don't post on here a lot, and my opinion ain't worth two squirts of piss, I just wanted to say something about this and get it off my chest. I don't care if Paterno is/was a football god, the fact of the matter is that he was apparently part of a growing list of people who knew wtf was going on, but just let it happen. Like,"Oh well, I did my part. It's not my kid getting raped." Fuck that. All I know is that if it had been me who walked in on that, no matter who's kid it was, somebody would end up with a lot of broken shit. And if that had happened to my boy, I would like to think that someone else would do the same. That is why I think all these pricks should get fucked in the neck, because trust was broken, the system was broken, and most importantly, any sense of security was broken.

You can post here once a year and your opinoin is just as valuable as anyones......

this is not huskerboard-

THIS IS HUSKERHOOPLA!!!!!!!!

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post here once a year and your opinoin is just as valuable as anyones......

this is not huskerboard-

THIS IS HUSKERHOOPLA!!!!!!!!

^^^^^ Big repped ^^^^^

said perfect!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:amen: