• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Not a max player?

Kawhi Leonard was arguably the best player in the entire league last year. He is most definitely a supermax player. If the Spurs find themselves in a spot where they are forced to trade Kawhi, they are going to get 29 phone calls and somebody is going to offer more. He is MUCH better than Kyrie who netted a package worth a lot more than what you suggest:

By the way, you do realize the cost for getting somebody to take Deng is something like Kuzma and a 1, right? That does not even imply Ingram straight up for Leonard. Your offer is extremely unrealistic.

Ingram is a nice prospect, but nice prospects don't net superstars in straight up trades.

Consider for a moment he's a Laker homer. Everybody on the Lakers is desired around the League.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider for a moment he's a Laker homer. Everybody on the Lakers is desired around the League.

I am guessing you would make that deal, right DJ?

I am hoping for some voices of reason among our ther Laker fans.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma played 3 years of college ball.....he has reached his ceiling basically in his rookie season.

He may get a little better but no way will he ever be a superstar.

Ingram, maybe. He played 1 season of college ball and is in his 2nd NBA season. However, he needs to eat a bazillion cheeseburgers in the next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Not a max player?

Kawhi Leonard was arguably the best player in the entire league last year. He is most definitely a supermax player. If the Spurs find themselves in a spot where they are forced to trade Kawhi, they are going to get 29 phone calls and somebody is going to offer more. He is MUCH better than Kyrie who netted a package worth a lot more than what you suggest:

By the way, you do realize the cost for getting somebody to take Deng is something like Kuzma and a 1, right? That does not even imply Ingram straight up for Leonard. Your offer is extremely unrealistic.

Ingram is a nice prospect, but nice prospects don't net superstars in straight up trades.
I wouldn't take any deal where the Lakers have to give up both Ingram and Kuzma for a player like Leonard at this point. for several reason

1. One year left at the best if he leaves - the Lakers have nothing after next season - If they don't sign anyone this year and you won't know that until free agency has started
2. To many unknowns about his injury - vs being disgruntled

Yes I know the cost of them taking Deng - but they can waive him and stretch him easily and by waiting one more year - they can move him next year easily - I already told you that it wasn't going to happen, but

Their offer of Leonard for Kuzma and Ingram is also unrealistic and the salaries don't match up. To get the two players they want - they will have to tank it for at least one extra full year and even then there is no guarantee they could do that good. The Lakers are pretty sure to make the playoffs - I am good to play the waiting game for something that is guaranteed. Offensively - Both players are already there and then some - what makes Leonard better is the defense and as important as that is - Good defense can be made less effective for another year or two with pushing the ball faster. This is Kuzma's first year only - I don't agree at all that Kuzma or Ingram can't become really good defenders - that's the only thing that the Spurs have to hang their hat on for that trade.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing you would make that deal, right DJ?

I am hoping for some voices of reason among our ther Laker fans.

I wouldn't do it. Because, the Spurs would laugh them off the phone and it'd be the biggest joke around the League, further embarrassing a once proud franchise now known as a fucking joke.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take any deal where the Lakers have to give up both Ingram and Kuzma for a player like Leonard at this point. for several reason

1. One year left at the best if he leaves - the Lakers have nothing after next season - If they don't sign anyone this year and you won't know that until free agency has started

Yes I know the cost of them taking Deng - but they can waive him and stretch him easily and by waiting one more year - they can move him next year easily - I already told you that it wasn't going to happen, but

Their offer of Leonard for Kuzma and Ingram is also unrealistic and the salaries don't match up. To get the two players they want - they will have to tank it for at least one extra full year and even then there is no guarantee they could do that good. The Lakers are pretty sure to make the playoffs - I am good to play the waiting game for something that is guaranteed. Offensively - Both players are already there and then some - what makes Leonard better is the defense and as important as that is - Good defense can be made less effective for another year or two with pushing the ball faster. This is Kuzma's first year only - I don't agree at all that Kuzma or Ingram can't become really good defenders - that's the only thing that the Spurs have to hang their hat on for that trade.

Salaries don't have to match. Lakers are under the cap.

Kawhi is from LA. He would likely resign and reports say he is fully healthy right now.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has suggested that the Spurs might be done with Leonard and will want to move him this summer. They are said to like Ingram and Kuzma - But I think that is way too much to give them for Leonard. In fact I wouldn't even want to give up anything right now - considering his refusing to play and claiming to not be the 100% the team doctors are saying he is obtained.

Now if the Lakers get

Leonard

The Spurs Get

Luol Deng
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Even that seems a bit lopsided against the Lakers - but I would I consider no less. and that is only If I were confident that the Lakers would be able to sign two big free agents. Personally I think Ingram or Kuzma either one are offensively almost as good as Leonard - What seems to be lacking to me is the defensive end and I think they can improve on that substantially to make themselves complete players
That's a definite no!!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Rob wouldn't offer it either for the comment I just made.

They aren't stupid.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard when healthy.....is the definition of a super max player.

Offense and defense. But, I do worry about his head right now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma played 3 years of college ball.....he has reached his ceiling basically in his rookie season.

He may get a little better but no way will he ever be a superstar.

Ingram, maybe. He played 1 season of college ball and is in his 2nd NBA season. However, he needs to eat a bazillion cheeseburgers in the next year.

What you said here is the basic argument that one of the guys on ESPN made for promoting the trade. I still would love to see one more year out of Kuzma to see if he has reached his ceiling, but if the Lakers are going to give up both Ingram and Kuzma - I would want to see it include Deng and perhaps one more player like Hart or Caruso and that would really open up the free agency for the Lakers. They would then have

Julius Randle - PF or C if they resign him
Lonzo Ball - PG
Leonard - F

Then they need two elite players - it would be gamble - Now if the Lakers wanted to wait for a trade until after they see what they can do in the free agency - That would make more sense to me

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kawhi is from LA. He would likely resign and reports say he is fully healthy right now.
Is that the reason he has still been in New York doing rehab? The team doctors for the Spurs say he is healthy now - Leonard says he Isn't and refuses to play

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you said here is the basic argument that one of the guys on ESPN made for promoting the trade. I still would love to see one more year out of Kuzma to see if he has reached his ceiling, but if the Lakers are going to give up both Ingram and Kuzma - I would want to see it include Deng and perhaps one more player like Hart or Caruso and that would really open up the free agency for the Lakers. They would then have

Julius Randle - PF or C if they resign him
Lonzo Ball - PG
Leonard - F

Then they need two elite players - it would be gamble - Now if the Lakers wanted to wait for a trade until after they see what they can do in the free agency - That would make more sense to me

Stop!

That is not a gamble. It is stealing. You can't put Deng in that trade.

But, I tell you what. Since you are making that deal, I will send Bradley Beal, Wall and Otto Porter for Durant, Curry and Draymond.

Equally likely.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has a player option next year - for sure - that's partly why I would not do the trade if I rejected it - There is a saying: Patience wins the battle - Still anything that dumps Deng another sucker, er I mean team would be a temptation for me

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop!

That is not a gamble. It is stealing. You can't put Deng in that trade.

But, I tell you what. Since you are making that deal, I will send Bradley Beal, Wall and Otto Porter for Durant, Curry and Draymond.

Equally likely.
It is a gamble if Leonard isn't healthy - He still isn't playing with the Spurs and has been doing rehab in New York.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the reason he has still been in New York doing rehab? The team doctors for the Spurs say he is healthy now - Leonard says he Isn't and refuses to play

Speculation is that he refuses to play because of how the Spurs organization has treated him this year. He is away from the team so he can work out without the drama.

And, if that speculation is false, like @flyerhawk said, the Spurs won't be trading him. They will only deal him if the relationship is fractured beyond repair.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a player option next year - for sure - that's partly why I would not do the trade if I rejected it - There is a saying: Patience wins the battle - Still anything that dumps Deng another sucker, er I mean team would be a temptation for me

The player option isn't next season. It's 2019-2020.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it. Because, the Spurs would laugh them off the phone and it'd be the biggest joke around the League, further embarrassing a once proud franchise now known as a fucking joke.
I agree - but I am not open to sending both Kuzma and Ingram to SA for the Leonard - I think it's too much unless Leonard shows that he is healthy, is willing to opt in to his contract and give the Lakers both of the two years on his contract and is happy to play for the Lakers. We don't need another Dwight Coward