• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you take any of these guys?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick...00:00, you've done a 360 man...step aside with some money in the bank now.
Crabtree...as a 4th WR, yes.
Welker...00:00...c'mon man, leave the game with some semblance of a brain
Freeney...yes...he makes sense as a rotation guy on a contender like SEA
Wayne...hard for me to place him, but MIA just seems like a fit if they are trying to make a big push in '15

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After June 1st, I would take a gamble on Wayne, Welker, & Freeney. Vick is done & Crabtree is meh.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Vikes still need a 3rd down situational DE and I have been hoping they kick the tires on either Freeney (I have two other guys I would want them to try before him though) for the last couple of weeks. Not sure he would come though.

Crabtree for my Vikes might makes sense after the draft if they don't go WR early. He obviously is in a situation where he is going to have to play on a 1 year prove it deal (clearly no team is offering what him and his agent feel he is worth on a multi year dead) and fighting for the #2 spot opposite Wallace might be appealing to him.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeny, Welker, or Wayne would be welcomed in Seattle on cheap "play for the ring" contracts, I'm sure. Someone will give Crabtree a "prove it" deal, I'm sure (but I doubt it will be a contender). Vick might get a camp invite if someone gets hurt, I suppose. But of the five I think he's the most likely to be done.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Freeney at a discount as a stop gap guy

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeney and Wayne on a 1 yr deal maybe but Crabtree will want more than he is worth to us.
I didn't see Schaub on there but I think he would be a good backup for us, mostly because he is familiar with our system and would be dirt cheap.....I'd feel better with him behind Joe than the rookie ....
I expect a speedster wr in the draft for us ,so whoever we pickup in FA will be a stop gap player for sure....
And probably the same with TE in the draft, and a vet like Zach Miller if he can still play.:2cents:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeney has 9 sacks in the past 3 years. He's dust.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wayne has some game left in his tank, just needs a decent QB in his career. Hello Reggie meet Tom

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wayne has some game left in his tank, just needs a decent QB in his career. Hello Reggie meet Tom

I wouldn't doubt it, and BB has the ability to wring every ounce of worth out of his wr's....And then he dumps them, just in time.....
:lol:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate to say this but reggie is done and has played 2 years longer than he should . freeny no thank you . vick unless he wants to be a running back no thank you . so no to all 5 . i saw some linemen on the best 10 left we could use .

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was moss a good pick up ?

Yes he was for what BB used him for was very productive and cut when he wanted more money than he was worth, cut just in time, he went quickly down the toilet after that....
Hey I don't particularly like BB, but he has proven that fact out over the years, with no names and or old vets...
The same way Ozzie does with LB's, he finds ones that can be outstanding in our system and cuts them when they cost too much and they usually fail in other systems.....It's that certain something they got, that doesn't come with a manual and dvd....:nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised so many are down on Crabtree. He fought through a foot injury this last year which to me shows some toughness. He has shown at least to be a serviceable receiver so those teams like the Browns who pretty much have nothing I can't believe aren't calling at least a little. I know this is a deep WR draft once again but I would think somebody would be looking at him to add to the rotation.

Wayne is another that if the Broncos weren't already loaded at the WR position I would love for him to get one more year with Manning.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick was never a great QB. He was the Percy Harvin of QBs. Freak at most offensive playmaker positions (basically) but extremely unstable at the position he was listed as.

Crabtree is a headcase. He far overvalues himself, gave crap to Kaepernick plenty during the year, and is not a team player.

Welker is an okay slot receiver but deserves close the league minimum at this point. He's lost a step since injures and i no longer in the Patriots system and cake NFC East division.

Freeney I actually like, but he's been injured. Best crop of the lot though by FAR.

Harrison is just too injury prone. Not a big fan.

If anyone signs Freeney for cheap it's a B+. Outside of that, every other one of those players at league minimum is a C at best. Crabtree MAYBE gets a pass at B if he goes to a VERY stable franchise with an elite QB, but fat chance. Those teams know better. Crabtree will end up with some crap offensive stability like the Phins and be whining like Wallace was only 16 games earlier.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pats I'd say no to all. Depending on what happens in the draft maybe take a cheap flyer on Freeney or Crabtree.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking in general, not necessarily for the Steelers.

1. Vick... No
2. Crabs... Yes
3. Welker... No (liability)
4. Freeney... No
5. Wayne... Yes