• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you offer sheet/trade for Evander Kane?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, but it all depends on what Kane's intentions are. If he seriously doesn't want to stay, than they're forced to move him. And I don't think they'll get a better player than Staal. They could get more in a package, but not a better player. Also, I was speaking to the Pens side having to sweeten it. I would hesitate from the Pens side to pull that trigger, but I could see 'peg's side too. Could be a good deal for both sides though. Winnepeg is a place I wouldn't be scared to send Jordan too though, I don't foresee getting burnt by that. Kane would be perfect on this team though. Man.

It would be a good deal for both teams if Staal would agree to an extension. Only Staal knows what he would do if dealt to Winnipeg. He's a UFA in a year. It's an opportunity to play where he wants for a lot of money. That's going to be tough to give up whether it's Pittsburgh or anywhere else.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nino had 1 point in 55 games this year.

Nino won't turn 20 until September. When Nino played he was getting 8 minutes per night on the 4th line with Marty Reasoner & Matt Martin. Barf has said unless Nino has a great camp he will spend the year in Bridgeport which is exactly what he needs. He was too young for the AHL last year. Chuck needed his bonuses to reach the floor so he made the team. It was a mistake, but that's how Chuck does business. The Isles only spent something like 36M in actual salary last year. The rest was bonuses that Chuck didn't have to pay.:mad:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I know the Jets are going to want a lot for him. Someone on the Isles fansite said that Kane is known as much for his shenanagans off the ice as he is for the on ice play. If that's the case I'll pass.

I'd consider trading Nino. Strome is like Brock Nelson, UNTOUCHABLE as far as I'm concerned.

there were rumours (and fan signs) that he was walking out on checks in Winnipeg.
haven't heard any validation of that whatsoever, and in his 4 WHL years in Vancouver, there was nary a headline.
I'd love for him to come back home. We even have a Mason Raymond for sale :)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were rumours (and fan signs) that he was walking out on checks in Winnipeg.
haven't heard any validation of that whatsoever, and in his 4 WHL years in Vancouver, there was nary a headline.
I'd love for him to come back home. We even have a Mason Raymond for sale :)

Gee add Ballard & you might have a deal.LOL

It's funny Evander Kane is actually a perfect fit for what Garth has wanted for his top 5 pick the past couple of years. I doubt it happens though.

Winnipeg has to be careful what it does here. This was actually a concern about moving a team back their. Everything I have heard, seen & read about the Jets ownership is they are first class in every possible way. I'll be honest if it were me I'd tell his agent he either signs with us for the next 5 years or he doesn't play in the NHL. I doubt they do that. Nash, Staal & Kane, it's going to be an interesting week that's for sure.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be Draft Day...because this is shaping up to be better than Deadline Day.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be Draft Day...because this is shaping up to be better than Deadline Day.

it always is for me. I really enjoy deadline day but Draft Weekend is fantastic. I also enjoy July 1st but its Canada Day and i have an excuse to BBQ all day and have beer and have the TV on in the background as the signings come in.

5 days to Draft WOOT

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time does the Draft start? I'm going to have to go to the library to get good internet. I don't have wifi at my house all summer (tooooo expensive) so I pick up AU's from across the street, but it's incredibly weak.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you Mario's giant tv...Paul Martin...and a 12 pack of Natty Ice for Kane....c'mon ...now thats a deal!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did finally see a reputible (sort of) report that Martin AND Michalek are on the block. Risky to put up both, but we have such organizational depth on D.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love Michalek.

No, he's too expensive for what he does on the ice.

As far as Kane I would consider it but knowing he doesn't want to play there lowers the price imo. JVR and a 2nd(2013 cause we don't have one this year), this won't be anywhere near what the jets think they can and might get, but I'm not big on letting sellers with disgruntled players set the price.

I woudn't trade Stall for Kane straight up, the jets would have to include a decent prospect or pick. If the Pens do trade Stall they have one of the only available, proven C's in the game who coudl project into a #1/2 guy and he's going to exponentially improve any teams pk he goes to. I'd hold out for an offer that blows me away, now the fact that I'm a Flyers fan makes me hope they trade him for a case of dirty jocks...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did finally see a reputible (sort of) report that Martin AND Michalek are on the block. Risky to put up both, but we have such organizational depth on D.

Michalek would look good on the Sens blueline. Are the Pens just looking to cut salary or are they looking for roster players?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krejci and a prospect.

I love this player and he would be a great fit in the Bruins system.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's too expensive for what he does on the ice.

As far as Kane I would consider it but knowing he doesn't want to play there lowers the price imo. JVR and a 2nd(2013 cause we don't have one this year), this won't be anywhere near what the jets think they can and might get, but I'm not big on letting sellers with disgruntled players set the price.

I woudn't trade Stall for Kane straight up, the jets would have to include a decent prospect or pick. If the Pens do trade Stall they have one of the only available, proven C's in the game who coudl project into a #1/2 guy and he's going to exponentially improve any teams pk he goes to. I'd hold out for an offer that blows me away, now the fact that I'm a Flyers fan makes me hope they trade him for a case of dirty jocks...

That's very likely how management is approaching his situation anyway. Shero has NEVER made it seem like he was even looking into a trade. Not that Ray is the type of GM to make that public. He's basically said that the priority at this point is to resign Sid and Staal this offseason. And I'm pretty sure dumping Martin is on that list too.

Michalek would look good on the Sens blueline. Are the Pens just looking to cut salary or are they looking for roster players?

In Michalek's case I doubt it's a salary dump. Actually, in either player's case I doubt that. Shero has said he won't make a move that isn't a hockey move that improves the team. Michalek is a very talented player, great defensive defenseman who had a bit of a rough season, but it doesn't help that his partner was Martin, who had just a terrible season. Martin has talent, he honestly just doesn't work on this team, not in this system. I think Shero would be a bit hesitant to trade Michalek honestly. The speculation is likely due to the upcoming of Despres and Morrow, who BOTH could make a strong push for the NHL. I think the Pens likely move Lovejoy too (though he's cheap). Niskanen needs to be resigned as well, they did make a QO for him last week I believe.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you want to cut salary Michalek to the Isles for a 7th round pick. I want nothing to do with Martin.

Everyone underrates Martin because he became our whipping boy this year. No, he didn't have a great season, but he was a +9 and had 27 points (maybe not that impressive, but the only other Pens' d-man who had more points was Letang, so relatively, he was fine). Five million is not a lot as the cap increases. Paul Martin still has value, so everyone acting like he has negative value is crazy. Then again we were the crazy ones for thinking we would get Neal for Gogo, so I've seen this fish before.

And I would trade Staal for Kane only if Staal explicitly didn't want to be here (which to this point is an unsubstantiated rumor). I doubt Winnipeg does it unless Staal wants to stay there longterm.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Craig Oster the agent for Vancouver native and Winnipeg Jet Evander Kane tells us his client does not want out of WINN.

Oster says he hasn't talked contract with the Jets yet but will talk with WINN soon about a new deal.

Oster says he has no idea how rumours like this begin.

/anyone catch the Fathers Day segment on tsn sportscentre of Evander talking about his dad playing CIAU hockey at St FX ... his nickname was the "chocolate rocket" lol