• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Team Since Lockout?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm typically positive about the team and try to stay calm when things go bad but there is something that is troubling me about this team. I'm seriously thinking this is one of if not the worst team in the NHL since the lockout. there usually is evidence of bad teams to be very inconsistent. They can go on a run of respectable play at around .500 and then mail in a 10 game losing streak in the middle. These teams are competitive enough to play decent for a time but then don't have the professional attitude to recover from a losing streak. They typically are a young team with little experience. Edmonton of the past few years is a great example of these types of teams. Even the Islanders played well at the start of this season before they mailed it in with a 10 game losing streak.

The Devils this year are the exact opposite of these teams. They have been very consistent with their results. They are an experienced team so they don't have these long losing streaks. They however are consistently terrible. something is inherently wrong with the team because they have shown no signs of performing at a respectable pace. Even cherry picking the best run of games this year results in a record that does not exceed .500.

Lou has no evidence from current results that this team can compete at an NHL level, let alone as a playoff team. I truly expect a change after the road trip because this team is showing signs of being historically bad. These results cannot be tolerated by any NHL team, let alone the Devils who pride themselves on having strong teams each year.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Elias still rockin' a mullet?

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah sorry this topic is BS.

How can you say the Devils have had no consistentcy? This year? AWFUL yes.

In General, in regular season they haven't been terrible they've had ONE season under 100 points. That's actually excellent.

Now if you're like some people and consider playoff success as the only important thing then you'll say otherwise. But they've only been inconsistent in the playoffs. Since the lockout they've still been able to nail in reg season.