• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have been posted but Garver signed a two yr deal with Mariners.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the deadest offseason for the Rangers in recent history, it seems. It is probably the slowest since I have been on a board like this and that has been about 15 years or so.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bubba comes back to the organization, I wonder if the Rangers would be more inclined to trade Leody.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think that would be a factor. Bubba hasn’t shown he can hit major league pitching.
My thinking is that with Langfird coming up, Leody would only be a bench player here. He might make a better bench player than Bubba, but would the return for Leody more than make up for that difference.

Or if they sign Jankowski, Bubba stays at AAA.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the deadest offseason for the Rangers in recent history, it seems. It is probably the slowest since I have been on a board like this and that has been about 15 years or so.
Have to think the TV contracts affecting things.
Maybe Boras and his clients holding steady on price demands

Jared liked your questions better. He seems intrigued about Foscue but down on Huff

Was not willing to quote a number on how much more Rangers would spend but thinks we are not done with pitching. I agree with that

He thinks we are out on Monty and Hader.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is that with Langfird coming up, Leody would only be a bench player here. He might make a better bench player than Bubba, but would the return for Leody more than make up for that difference.

Or if they sign Jankowski, Bubba stays at AAA.
They do have Santo and Elier for AAA but maybe room for one more. Not sure fe JPM
I think Bubba says no especially if we resign Janks too. No room

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jared liked your questions better. He seems intrigued about Foscue but down on Huff

Was not willing to quote a number on how much more Rangers would spend but thinks we are not done with pitching. I agree with that

I think Jared was dead wrong about back loaded contracts being averaged out for Luxury Tax purposes. Backloading and deferring are handled differently, I am almost certain.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jared is as much of a company man as there is, but then he has to be. He never suggests the Rangers will spend much and he always gives a conservalivelihood. About other factors. He always said Scherzer would never participate in the postseason. I can't blame him though. Unlike Evan and Jeff, saying the "right" thing is his livelihood.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have Santo and Elier for AAA but maybe room for one more. Not sure fe JPM
I think Bubba says no especially if we resign Janks too. No room
It would be a minor league deal for Bubba in most organizations. We are familiar to him. I think we have a chance, but it is nowhere near a certainty.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jared was dead wrong about back loaded contracts being averaged out for Luxury Tax purposes. Backloading and deferring are handled differently, I am almost certain.
Backload means less tax today me thinks

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither of them should be on the team
If we cannot get anything of value in trade for Leody, I would not have a problem with him being on the team as a 4th OF. I think we probably can though.

It would leave us a little shallow when it comes to depth though. Signing another CF to serve as AAA depth would alleviate that problem though.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday afternoon heading into a New Year’s Eve weekend. I think the stove is off for a bit

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backload means less tax today me thinks
Yes, but every year's salary counts dollar for dollar when it comes to luxury tax. For example a contract calling for a guy to get $8 million this year and $15 million next year would only count as $8 million this year for Luxury Tax purposes.

Jared was saying you have to average it out for that purpose.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cannot get anything of value in trade for Leody, I would not have a problem with being on the team as a 4th OF. I think we probably can though.

It would leave us a little shallow when it comes to depth though. Signing another CF to serve as AAA depth would alleviate that problem though.
Well of course I surely have no problem trading Leody for pitching but maybe Zavala makes it to AAA this year. He looks to me like he has MLB potential

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday afternoon heading into a New Year’s Eve weekend. I think the stove is off for a bit
Didn't they work out a deal for Eovaldi on Christmas Eve last year?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but every year's salary counts dollar for dollar when it comes to luxury tax. For example a contract calling for a guy to get $8 million this year and $15 million next year would only count as $8 million this year for Luxury Tax purposes.

Jared was saying you have to average it out for that purpose.
Yes I was agreeing with you. Famous last words lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course I surely have no problem trading Leody for pitching but maybe Zavala makes it to AAA this year. He looks to me like he has MLB potential
Zavala was really bad last year.