• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, by some miracle, Crim is not taken in Rule 5 next week, I feel just about as good about him as I do Foscue.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me he has done well enough to be given a shot. That doesn't guarantee he will succeed, especially not if Bochy is impatient with him. I imagine he will have some struggles at times early on. Almost everyone not named Evan Carter does. Lol

Now if he is put into a situation where he only plays twice a week, I think he will surely fail.
only 2 i see playing what i consider full-time which is 4+ games a week from the kids is Carter and Langford. the other kids like Huff, Foscue, Crim, Harris etc will be lucky to see 1 or 2 a week

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to come out and say he is a natural hitter. But I feel that way about most minor league players. Langford to me is one of those exceptions but not Foscue. Now that doesn't mean I am saying he couldn't be but I would need to see how he does at the MLB level.
I can respect that. Just the main thing that has me hopeful with Foscue is the fact that he's a guy that gets on base at a high rate and doesn't strike out much. Seems to have a very disciplined approach at the plate.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 2 i see playing what i consider full-time which is 4+ games a week from the kids is Carter and Langford. the other kids like Huff, Foscue, Crim, Harris etc will be lucky to see 1 or 2 a week
I would imagine 2 or 3 of those last 4 guys you mentioned will be playing every day in Round Rock, or will be on another team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been wondering why there was no reports from the GM meetings and just realized they don't start until tomorrow

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLBTR:

• The Rangers were open to moving right-handed prospect Jack Leiter at the trade deadline this summer in the right deal for pitching, according to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News. The second-overall pick of the 2021 draft was initially expected to be a fast-rising arm who could impact the big league club shortly after being drafted, but the righty has struggled to this point in his professional career. While Grant notes that Leiter made some strides last season, he’s not yet ready to contribute in the majors and could be part of the return for a front-of-the-rotation arm, should Texas look to the trade market in their search for rotation upgrades this winter. While Leiter has a career 5.37 ERA across two minor league seasons, the 23-year-old ended the 2023 campaign on a relative high note with a 3.31 ERA and a 39.7% strikeout rate in his final four starts at the Double-A level.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant discounts Leiter unwisely IMO

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveras, Lowe, Duran, Foscue and Leiter are names as the 5 Rangers nowt likely to be involved in trade talks.

From the article:

Leody Taveras

A switch-hitting, above-average fielder at a prime defensive position who will play at 25 years old next year and is under control for four more years? Let’s face it: That’s an attractive package. He becomes all the more attractive for the Rangers to consider dealing with Adolis García entrenched in right, Evan Carter already in the big leagues and Wyatt Langford very likely a part of the 2024 plan.

Potential trade partners are going to wonder if Taveras’ .733 OPS in 2023, which was 100 points higher than his previous career average, represents a trend or if it’s an outlier. Also of concern: His numbers against left-handed pitching profile him more as a platoon player than an everyday starter.

For the Rangers, there is this to consider: Holding Taveras and adding Langford probably solves the DH situation, gives them outfield depth enough to occasionally rest García and flexibility for some tough pitching matchups.

Nathaniel Lowe

With an average of 158 games over the last three years, a Silver Slugger and a Gold Glove, to his credit, Lowe has been both reliable and productive. What’s not to like? For the Rangers, the choice could come down to this: If they want to create more money for free agent pursuits, trading Lowe, who is going into his second year of arbitration, might be a route to fill a pitching need and marshal some more funds.

His salary is projected to more than double to nearly $9 million. An acquiring team would be getting three years of control and an above-average first baseman, whose biggest weakness is a struggle against the fastball. The Rangers could potentially fill the hole with some combination of Ezequiel Duran, Justin Foscue or Blaine Crim. Or they could use saved dollars towards a free agent like Justin Turner.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if the Rangers are meeting with him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Their to-do list may be shorter than ever: A starting pitcher, a reliever, maybe two. Could use a DH, but it’s not essential and, if they are operating with less financial free space than the last two winters, it’s the first thing that will get pushed off the list.

“Adding a starting pitcher is a goal of ours,” GM Chris Young said before leaving for Nashville. “And then addressing the bullpen. I think we have multiple spots in the bullpen where we would feel good about adding via trade or through free agency.

“You know how I feel about pitching. We are going to continue to look to improve and add depth. I’m hopeful we will find the right fits.”

You should know how he feels about pitching at this point: You can never have enough.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Mark Feinsand:

The biggest deals for relievers this winter have been Reynaldo López (3 years, $30 million), Joe Jiménez (3 years, $26 million) and Emilio Pagán (2 years, $16 million), but those three contracts won’t add up to the total expected to be handed out to the top reliever on the market: Josh Hader.

It will likely cost more than $100 million over five years to sign the All-Star closer, who is looking to eclipse Edwin Díaz’s relief-record five-year, $102 million deal fr