• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CQqI-b4UcAAefMs.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, Carey.... ya busy?

C-G1Hf6UQAA6ZNG.jpg

LOL

I just texted that picture to my son. "Carey says; ALWAYS keep your eye on the puck."

That *might* just be good enough to move Vlad from my avatar..

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death before electric.

*Drinks gasoline from Don Cherry Rock Em Sock Em Coffee Mug*

Yeah, I don't see myself ever buying a fully electric car until they can get a full charge to under half an hour. I tend to pick a direction on a weekend and go. Kinda need to know I can get back.

But I would have no problem at all loving a hybrid like a Porsche 918.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see myself ever buying a fully electric car until they can get a full charge to under half an hour. I tend to pick a direction on a weekend and go. Kinda need to know I can get back.

But I would have no problem at all loving a hybrid like a Porsche 918.

I should have pulled it out of the link, but they claim the Porsche Mission E concept can be fully charged in 15 minutes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have pulled it out of the link, but they claim the Porsche Mission E concept can be fully charged in 15 minutes.

SOLD! All I have to do is pull into one the plethora of charging stations throughout the US and....

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do people who buy electric cars not buy the home charging stations/equipment/hardware? isnt it a given?

I know they (not the above) are an even slower charge but the shopping plaza up the road from work has parking stalls and charging stations for 6 cars and they are never in use :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do people who buy electric cars not buy the home charging stations/equipment/hardware? isnt it a given?

I know they (not the above) are an even slower charge but the shopping plaza up the road from work has parking stalls and charging stations for 6 cars and they are never in use :noidea:

I have a friend who has a Tesla, and yeah he has the station. I would imagine that is pretty common.

And for a local only / commuter car that's fine. My point is if I decide on a Saturday that I'd like to go check out Nashville or Niagara falls overnight, I can't just go do it without major planning and downtime in the middle.

And you Canadians... Shopping centers here have those charging stations too. They are often full of big ass SUVs because fuck you.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People who live in condos that were built prior to the code being changed to require a certain allotment and ease of installation of EV spots are kinda screwed.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who live in condos that were built prior to the code being changed to require a certain allotment and ease of installation of EV spots are kinda screwed.

True didnt think about that sonce it doesnt effect me (lol)

I also recall hearing about a property management company at a new condo tower downtown van surcharging residents who used the chargers ... and the surcharge meant charging the electric car cost about as much as buying vancouver priced gas :ohwell:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True didnt think about that sonce it doesnt effect me (lol)

I also recall hearing about a property management company at a new condo tower downtown van surcharging residents who used the chargers ... and the surcharge meant charging the electric car cost about as much as buying vancouver priced gas :ohwell:
Yeah, that's where it gets tricky too - if they aren't surcharging the user, the costs will just get rolled into the condo's maintenance fee and result in a rise in fees across the board.

On the other hand, price gouging isn't exactly a great idea either.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who has a Tesla, and yeah he has the station. I would imagine that is pretty common.

And for a local only / commuter car that's fine. My point is if I decide on a Saturday that I'd like to go check out Nashville or Niagara falls overnight, I can't just go do it without major planning and downtime in the middle.

Theres a house 4 doors down from us that has what looks like a tesla powerwall (i didnt even know they had these in canada - it might just be some sort of turbo charging panel - lol)

I think my next car will be electric. Just for commuting (local) travel

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell is Mitch Marner going to play in this tournament? Mate, your tank hit E in March lol.