• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Workhorse(or 75%) RBs

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are they?

I'll give my list and if anyone has anything to add let me know

Arizona-DJ
Atlanta-Freeman(75%)
Buffalo-McCoy
Chicago-Howard
Cleveland-Crowell(75%)
Dallas-Zeke
Indy-Gore
Jacksonville-Fournette
LAR-Gurley
LAC-Gordon
Miami-Ajayi
Oakland-Lynch
Pittsburgh-Bell
Tennessee-Murray

Possible workhorses but roles are questionable
Baltimore-West(Woodhead plays a different role)
Denver-CJ
Houston-Miller
NE-Gillislie
NYG-Perkins
NYJ-Forte(75%)
TB-Martin(if he's still starter when he returns from suspension)

RBBCs.................
Carolina-Stewart/McCaffery
Cincinatti-Mixon/Bernard/Hill
Detroit-Abdullah/Riddick
GB-Montgomery/Williams(maybe not but Montgomery is not workhorse)
KC-Ware/Hunt(likely the case)
Minnesota-Cook/Murray
NO-Ingram/AP/Kamara
Philadelphia-Blount/Sproles/Smallwood/Mathews
SF-Hyde/Williams(Hyde isn't said to be a good fit for the system)
Seattle-Lacy/Rawls(Prosise plays a different role)
TB-Rodgers/Sims
Washington-Kelley/Perrine/Thompson

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't that many, imo.

DJ
Bell
EE
Shady
Howard
Gordon
Gurley
Miller
Gore

My guesses for possibly joining that group is slim... Perkins, Fournette, Cook and maybe Blount.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are they?

I'll give my list and if anyone has anything to add let me know

Arizona-DJ
Atlanta-Freeman(75%)
Buffalo-McCoy
Chicago-Howard
Cleveland-Crowell(75%)
Dallas-Zeke
Indy-Gore
Jacksonville-Fournette
LAR-Gurley
LAC-Gordon
Miami-Ajayi
Oakland-Lynch
Pittsburgh-Bell
Tennessee-Murray

Possible workhorses but roles are questionable
Baltimore-West(Woodhead plays a different role)
Denver-CJ
Houston-Miller
NE-Gillislie
NYG-Perkins
NYJ-Forte(75%)
TB-Martin(if he's still starter when he returns from suspension)

RBBCs.................
Carolina-Stewart/McCaffery
Cincinatti-Mixon/Bernard/Hill
Detroit-Abdullah/Riddick
GB-Montgomery/Williams(maybe not but Montgomery is not workhorse)
KC-Ware/Hunt(likely the case)
Minnesota-Cook/Murray
NO-Ingram/AP/Kamara
Philadelphia-Blount/Sproles/Smallwood/Mathews
SF-Hyde/Williams(Hyde isn't said to be a good fit for the system)
Seattle-Lacy/Rawls(Prosise plays a different role)
TB-Rodgers/Sims
Washington-Kelley/Perrine/Thompson
lynch will not get 75% touches

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he would. I think he's a sure fire starter. Those other RBs are not gonna cut it especially if Cook busts. Oakland also plays better offenses than last year so we'll see if they back up projections.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of your analysis on every topics breaks down to u want a stud at EVeRY position

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Freeman off your workhorse list. He was slated to be in a 50/50 role last year but Coleman kept getting nagging injuries. Now there is nothing to say Coleman won't continue to get injured again this year.

That said Freeman is in a contract year and the Falcons don't want to pay him what he is asking. That usually manifests itself through the team under-utilizing that player to prove that his worth is not what he thinks it is. If it gets ugly Coleman could end up dominating touches this year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Freeman off your workhorse list. He was slated to be in a 50/50 role last year but Coleman kept getting nagging injuries. Now there is nothing to say Coleman won't continue to get injured again this year.

That said Freeman is in a contract year and the Falcons don't want to pay him what he is asking. That usually manifests itself through the team under-utilizing that player to prove that his worth is not what he thinks it is. If it gets ugly Coleman could end up dominating touches this year.
yes and no imo. The Falcons need Freeman to be successful. Coleman is good in short stints but Freeman is by far the bigger threat in the backfield. I dont think they would risk onfield losing to save a few bucks, especially when they just jacked up the cost of most of their ticket prices.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and no imo. The Falcons need Freeman to be successful. Coleman is good in short stints but Freeman is by far the bigger threat in the backfield. I dont think they would risk onfield losing to save a few bucks, especially when they just jacked up the cost of most of their ticket prices.
but is he getting 75%touches?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying that as Freeman goes that offense goes. I dont think coleman can keep that TD per touch ration going. Reminds me of the season Antone Smith was having in 2014 but not that extreme.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying that as Freeman goes that offense goes. I dont think coleman can keep that TD per touch ration going. Reminds me of the season Antone Smith was having in 2014 but not that extreme.
no but freeman got 65 with coleman being hurt some games, that number goes down with coleman healthy

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but freeman got 65 with coleman being hurt some games, that number goes down with coleman healthy
depends...if they pay attention to why they blew the lead in the SB or not lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coleman missed what 4 games and freeman still had only 65%
Its even less factoring in the other touches from ball carriers like Ward and WRs. Im happy with his production.

Coleman missed 3 according to his stats. He seems to always miss some games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not saying don't be happy i'm saying literally post don't have 75% useage

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Freeman signed an extension so that will not be part of the equation. I still think its going to be more of a 50/50 split than it is 75/25.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Freeman signed an extension so that will not be part of the equation. I still think its going to be more of a 50/50 split than it is 75/25.
Coleman is in a contract year, so to be consistent wouldn't you say they'll hold his touches down to bring his value down? Or are you a dynasty owner and own Coleman, thus your hoping that he gets tons of carries?

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is in a contract year, so to be consistent wouldn't you say they'll hold his touches down to bring his value down? Or are you a dynasty owner and own Coleman, thus your hoping that he gets tons of carries?

No, the reason why I said that about Freeman was because there was contention between him and the team. He thought he 'deserved' one price, the team thought he 'deserved' something much less. Now if Coleman decides he 'deserves' much more than the team wants to give him then it could be the same type of scenario. Coleman is clearly the second fiddle so I would find it hard to believe he would be contentious because he has no leverage whatsoever.

Freeman could legitimately compare his stats to the other league leaders and have a point for wanting top dollars. Coleman is in no such position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the reason why I said that about Freeman was because there was contention between him and the team. He thought he 'deserved' one price, the team thought he 'deserved' something much less. Now if Coleman decides he 'deserves' much more than the team wants to give him then it could be the same type of scenario. Coleman is clearly the second fiddle so I would find it hard to believe he would be contentious because he has no leverage whatsoever.

Freeman could legitimately compare his stats to the other league leaders and have a point for wanting top dollars. Coleman is in no such position.

I thought the negotiations went rather well, no threats from either side. I don't think the Falcons have had any negotiations with Coleman, least not that I have heard. Pretty clear who the Falcons consider important, Freeman and he'll dominate the touches.