• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Woodshed® Player of the Week, Eagles vs. Packers

Who wins the Woodshed® Player of the Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the public asked for it, I'm bringing it over here.

Short background story of the qualifications: Came up during the Super Bowl run as a way to make fun of Merrill Hoge, who was saying that the Eagles weren't going to make the Super Bowl because they didn't have any "woodshed" players. Now, it's sort of an LVP/coach thing, a goat of the game if you will. Ideally, this guy will have put up good looking stats, but made a key misplay. Otherwise, any old bum will do, but it's more for the guy who was expected to do something and didn't, than to rip on, say, Jalen Mills.

Tl;dr: Vote for the most disappointing and/or suckiest player of the game.

Candidates:
1) Doug Pederson: Only 18 rushes, bad challenge, and a timid gameplan
2) Carson Wentz: 67% completions, 254 yards, but 0 TDs and a really bad pick
3) Fletcher Cox: 1 tackle, 2 penalties (including one roughing the passer that led to a TD)
4) Connor Barwin: Nonexistent against the run, only play against the pass was tackling a receiver
5) Write In
6) Potato Salad with bacon and Chives

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson takes the blame for the whole thing.

Jim Schwartz was completely out-coached. That had to be the most WR screens I've ever seen in a game and we stopped like 10% of them.

And that challenge was just incredibly bad. What is to be gained?

My 2nd choice would be the fans... for not bringing batteries to the game to throw at the refs.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie between Nolan Carroll and Leodis McKelvin - both were hot garbage and couldn't cover a blimp Monday night.

Although Potato Salad with Bacon and Chives was a very serious consideration for me.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, now, doesn't this just focus the conversation a little more? There is more than one (or a few) problems with this team game to game. But focusing on the most impactful suck to such a loss helps.

Well done, Guy!

I have to say the coaching stands out the most. There was tons of reasons why we lost. But having no offensive aptitude (admitted....hard to do with that talent level) and an adjustments on D stand out more than potato salad with chives.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie between Nolan Carroll and Leodis McKelvin - both were hot garbage and couldn't cover a blimp Monday night.

Although Potato Salad with Bacon and Chives was a very serious consideration for me.
To be fair, both of those guys are already expected to blow.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we pay a bunch of money for McKelvin?
$3 mil per for 2 years. He's like the 45th highest paid CB on a per year basis, way lower on the CB list for guaranteed money and total value.

Not a ton of money, by any stretch.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3 mil per for 2 years. He's like the 45th highest paid CB on a per year basis, way lower on the CB list for guaranteed money and total value.

Not a ton of money, by any stretch.

Thanks... was too lazy to look up how much we were paying for him to let every WR make him look bad.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I've stuck up for him after the boo birds came after a strong start, i have to pile on Fletcher. Shit can be bull shit, but I'm too gone to recall if it was, but he's getting paid and has extended 3 drives on third down that was shut down on roughing the QB that led to TDs, so I'll cheap out on that, as I was only able to view a portion of the game.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I've stuck up for him after the boo birds came after a strong start, i have to pile on Fletcher. Shit can be bull shit, but I'm too gone to recall if it was, but he's getting paid and has extended 3 drives on third down that was shut down on roughing the QB that led to TDs, so I'll cheap out on that, as I was only able to view a portion of the game.

he is playing the most poorly per dollar...

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, both of those guys are already expected to blow.

The defense in general was bad, but those two to me stuck out like sore thumbs. I've watched years of McKelvin in Buffalo getting toasted on a weekly basis, biting on almost every double-move, nothing's changed.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense in general was bad, but those two to me stuck out like sore thumbs. I've watched years of McKelvin in Buffalo getting toasted on a weekly basis, biting on almost every double-move, nothing's changed.

and that counterpoint of this shed. it's not about the people you know are horrible, or it is the people you know are horrible, but it's the people getting paid, or not, that are supposed ot be knocking shi out of the park conrtibuting pop up bunts.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, our new scouting dept knows which CBs will hit the free agent market, that are fairly young, and won't cost too much money. I hope we still draft 2 CB,s, although they think Mills can be good in another year. Cox does need to realize that he has to dominate very game to earn his contract.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that counterpoint of this shed. it's not about the people you know are horrible, or it is the people you know are horrible, but it's the people getting paid, or not, that are supposed ot be knocking shi out of the park conrtibuting pop up bunts.
2xg9XW4.gif

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are our starting corners - they are good enough to play in the league and earn a contract. Just because we all know they suck doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out if they play badly. To me they stood out the most egregiously.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wide nine doesn't work. People gash us with screens and simple misdirection runs because all the linemen are told, just cut it loose, and no one has any responsibilities. When they are getting pressure it looks great, but teams can exploit it very easily, unless you have really stellar corners, safeties and linebackers who tackle super well.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure if I know Petersen and his coaching staff suck yet. Are they supposed to be knocking it out of the park at this point? Is this normal progression? (don't give me the 2 yard challenge. Sure....such a glaring example might cost a game one day....but this was not it)

My point is I kind of feel like I dipped into the coaching even knowing the ideal premise of the woodshed. On that ideal premise I think Cox fit the best.....but I still can't buy that he has completely shit the bed. Non existent...sure. But I think he has been taken from the game. They even said last week on the broadcast that the Pack said they would shift to Cox and key on him. Where is the rest of the line taking advantage of this? I can remember one specific year where Reggie was keyed on heavily (1989....I think). And Simmons and Brown ROSE up and took advantage of this and went nuts! Where is that effect?

I think Cox is getting a lot of attention and that is holding him back. If his line mates are not going to spring through and take advantage it is really going to make him look bad.

As for the Roughing the Passer.....the only two I remember is Cousins and Rodgers last week.....and both were straight up, no-nonsense horse-sheet