• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolverines In Trouble?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, good luck in continuing to avoid the media on this because if they do finally sink their teeth into it, it will spin totally out of control.
I agree with this. I know a lot of people in Mary Sue Coleman's (UofM's retiring university president) office and they have been pretty hush hush on all of this but they are quality people that I have known through all of this. Incoming president, Mark Schlissel (Brown University), is unknown to me but he is very well thought of. The press will be the press.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here, the two things are on opposite ends of the criminal spectrum; especially because Gibbons was never charged with anything. This is not a 10+ year coverup of a convicted child ******er. Honestly, I'm not sure what this investigation is about because since Gibbons was not charged, they really had no obligation to do anything. In this case, he was expelled only because he was accused of something illegal.

From what I've seen, I don't think anyone can make an informed opinion on the subject because no one knows really what happened. And since Gibbons, nor the victim, are speaking out; I believe it will stay that way. From the "inside" information I do know, if you want to call it that, I will certainly say that this situation is not exactly as cut and dry as some people are trying to claim.

Finally, Desmond may know but this situation is protected by a lot of real laws and I'm sure he doesn't want to get caught up in a lawsuit by leaking information he may know.
Huge Clery and Title IX issues here. The amount of info/evidence needed for criminal proceedings is a LOT more than what is needed for the University to be required to act on a "civil" level.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another article about the incident with some additional information.

The Cover-up of the Arrest of University of Michigan Football player, Brendan Gibbons, for r*pe - Washtenaw Watchdogs

What I find most interesting is the Lewan part. He threatened the possible victim and got just a warning?

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty bad, but no mention of the NCAA being involved?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another article about the incident with some additional information.

The Cover-up of the Arrest of University of Michigan Football player, Brendan Gibbons, for r*pe - Washtenaw Watchdogs

What I find most interesting is the Lewan part. He threatened the possible victim and got just a warning?
Lewan is a disgrace. He should have kicked off the team multiple times.
I don't believe this is a Michigan football problem but rather a University of Michigan problem. It is the same problem on campuses across the nation. He said-she said cases are almost non prosecutable unless the r*pe kit shows corroborating evidence. I still have no idea what the feds are invesigating.

As a Michigan alum, I am embarrassed that either of these two ever represented the university.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mimobdInwl1s6qn2po1_500.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan is a disgrace. He should have kicked off the team multiple times.
I don't believe this is a Michigan football problem but rather a University of Michigan problem. It is the same problem on campuses across the nation. He said-she said cases are almost non prosecutable unless the r*pe kit shows corroborating evidence. I still have no idea what the feds are invesigating.

As a Michigan alum, I am embarrassed that either of these two ever represented the university.
I agree 100% with you, this problem is everywhere. The he said-she said is just that but the Lewan thing is sad. There was no doubt this happened and yet he gets just a warning. The Michigan students and alum deserve better than that.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with you, this problem is everywhere. The he said-she said is just that but the Lewan thing is sad. There was no doubt this happened and yet he gets just a warning. The Michigan students and alum deserve better than that.
Yeah, I don't know who should have made the decision to sit Lewan down but someone should have. RichRod and Martin (former AD) were in charge when it all went down but Hoke and Brandon (current AD) had plenty of opportunities to right the ship. I'm not sure if the university itself could have expelled Gibbons without being charged.
Any team that takes Lewan is my new least favorite team. I personally think he falls out of the first round.