• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woke up this morning looked at the schedule and....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to answer the OP's question, fuck no. I need to see Dallas three games above .500 before I can even think about saying they can run the table. Hell, when was the last time the Cowboys were three games over .500? Like 2009? The Cowboys are an 8-8 team until proven otherwise.

I've said that they were a 500 team until proven otherwise all season. Nothing makes me change my mind as of yet. However just was curious if anyone thought we could.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said that they were a 500 team until proven otherwise all season. Nothing makes me change my mind as of yet. However just was curious if anyone thought we could.

maybe not all season after the charger game. I seem to recall 5 wins splitting the difference between high of 8 and low of 3 wins. No?

week to week league with this team and it's been that way for a very long time

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe not all season after the charger game. I seem to recall 5 wins splitting the difference between high of 8 and low of 3 wins. No?

Wow and you get bent out shape because you say I split hairs

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow and you get bent out shape because you say I split hairs

what is it about you this season?

It's true....I never cared much for the extremes from a win to a lose with many here. I always maintain the week to week thing and have found it to be true for this level. I never understand the extremes either way unless you're a redskin fan with the benchmark hang up. What do you people think has been going on here in Dallas the last 8 years? This is a 500 team that has the ability to play above 500 and seldom does. Group thing....from the coaches to the players....something always seems to happen. The last redskin game last season, the two Detroit games. It's as if it's the Seattle FG game has put a Cleveland brown like curse. Close but seldom a stinking cigar. The Dallas Cowboys of today are about finding a way in the tournament and playoff advancement. It's a walk before you run thing and this team is shot on confidence when the games are the brightest. That requires one stinking playoff win to start with anykind of team accomplishment. Matters to me the accomplishments of Dez, Romo or anyone else. It remains about the team and this team has yet to show they have a clue. Maybe I just lone for another 2009. That has been the Dallas benchmark for a very long time.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is with me this season. I have pretty much the same aspirations as you - I just think its Superbowl every year thats all. I mean I was complaining to you for taking a shot at Nets. Sure he said 5 wins after SD, but that was in the heat of the moment after the game, He later came back and retracted it. I have typed and sent many things I wish I had back as well. Maybe that was one of the weeks you werent on here much when he retracted his statement. You say week to week league. I say year to year. I mean Atlanta was on the doorstep of the big game last year with a fourth quarter to play. This season , neither them or the Champs look like they will even get a chance in the playoffs. To me one and done in the playoffs or 2 and through just adds to the criticism of this team, its owner, its coach, and most importantly to me its QB. Sure its a step in the right direction but so was 2009. What do people remember about 2009- Romo running for his life in the Metrodome and getting crushed by Favre . Despite some others opinion on here, I dont see us losing a home playoff game regardless of who it might be. Now the week after that may be a different story. There are certain places I dont want to go if we were to make it. Time is running out on some of our best players and it will take some time to replace them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is with me this season. I have pretty much the same aspirations as you - I just think its Superbowl every year thats all. I mean I was complaining to you for taking a shot at Nets. Sure he said 5 wins after SD, but that was in the heat of the moment after the game, He later came back and retracted it. I have typed and sent many things I wish I had back as well. Maybe that was one of the weeks you werent on here much when he retracted his statement. You say week to week league. I say year to year. I mean Atlanta was on the doorstep of the big game last year with a fourth quarter to play. This season , neither them or the Champs look like they will even get a chance in the playoffs. To me one and done in the playoffs or 2 and through just adds to the criticism of this team, its owner, its coach, and most importantly to me its QB. Sure its a step in the right direction but so was 2009. What do people remember about 2009- Romo running for his life in the Metrodome and getting crushed by Favre . Despite some others opinion on here, I dont see us losing a home playoff game regardless of who it might be. Now the week after that may be a different story. There are certain places I dont want to go if we were to make it. Time is running out on some of our best players and it will take some time to replace them.

some football opinions will never connect and I remain extremely fine with all that.

Atlanta won a single playoff game at home against a rookie QB....I saw no doorstep

and yes....I take shots at posts I deem stupid or extreme. Look around....I'm not the only one and you remain an ass whip.....that most certainly is what has changed. BUT HEY.....that's just my opinion, like you thinking I was picking on Nets. Nets is a big boy and understands my posting....apparently a lot better than you.

have a nice day tomorrow!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go back to 2007. Did anyone actually think we had a legitimate shot at the Superbowl heading into that season. I didnt, but that 5-0 start was awesome. Going to Chicago week 3 and pounding the Bears sent a message . We basically had 2 injuries all year- Jason Ferguson game 1 and Terry Glenn . We waited all season for Glenn but he never came until the end. TO twisted his ankle in week 15. Ever since then though I have thought we had a shot at the start of the season. From that 07 team though we have about 4 left- Romo, Witten, Ware, Austin- who rarely played. Hatcher may have been a reserve. Ever since then though , we have had some of the craziest most unexplainable losses that I have ever seen in my 37 yrs of watching and kind of understanding football

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain ass whip. I have no idea what it means. Atlanta was winning 24-21 going into the 4rth quarter of that NFC championship. That is the doorstep

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain ass whip. I have no idea what it means. Atlanta was winning 24-21 going into the 4rth quarter of that NFC championship. That is the doorstep

well....it's much better than ass wipe... to which, I'd never say about you. You are clearly a good guy.

:nod:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, please explain to me how to get banned for a week or a month. For some reason all I have done this week is piss people off. I had planned on not getting on this board today but I guess Im addicted to sticking up for my team. If I get banned I wont be allowed on the site right????

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, please explain to me how to get banned for a week or a month. For some reason all I have done this week is piss people off. I had planned on not getting on this board today but I guess Im addicted to sticking up for my team. If I get banned I wont be allowed on the site right????

Did I miss something? I don't remember seeing a reason for a ban :noidea:

It's ok to have heated discussions, I did it just the other day about our running game. If we all agree then it is no fun. We just have to all remember that we are talking with actual people, and fellow fans, and both keep it civil and have thick skin.

And to answer questions, if you are banned you can still get here to read the board you just can't log in to post. That seems infinitely worse, IMO.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for our schedule, I can't tell anyone where this team is going other than to say 8-8 looks like the most likely scenario. If you look at the Skins schedule though, 8-8 is very easy for them and 9-7 is likely. THey have an easy schedule from here on out. If our remaining three wins are all against the division, we have a good shot of being able to control our own destiny. I just don't like having the game on the line in week 17. It hasn't gone so well for us recently.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about 8 straight but I'm feeling pretty good about winning the division. And yes, the woes of the division has something to do with that. This Cowboys team can beat anyone or lose to anyone.

But I honestly don't think the Boys are a 500 team ..they just keep playing like they are.
They kind of remind me of the 2011 Giants. They finished 9-7, No running game, a secondary that leaks like a sieve. The big difference and the reason why the won it all? ...QB pressure. Not just sacks but constant pressure. With Ware coming back ..one can only hope.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about 8 straight but I'm feeling pretty good about winning the division. And yes, the woes of the division has something to do with that. This Cowboys team can beat anyone or lose to anyone.

But I honestly don't think the Boys are a 500 team ..they just keep playing like they are.
They kind of remind me of the 2011 Giants. They finished 9-7, No running game, a secondary that leaks like a sieve. The big difference and the reason why the won it all? ...QB pressure. Not just sacks but constant pressure. With Ware coming back ..one can only hope.

Agree with most of this. Just want to add that the Giants were also good at creating turnovers. And turning those turnovers into points I believe.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is 9-7 should win the division this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is 9-7 should win the division this year.

9-7 will run away with the division. 8-8 probably wins it and who knows, even 7-9 has a shot if it's Dallas. Which of the other teams looks like a lock for 8 games? I don't see a .500 team in any of them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pointless moments.....maybe I should clarify when I was in my right mind!!!!! Better?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AR is out for the season after last nights game, does anyone believe we could run the table the rest of the season if we beat the Saints on Sunday? I know we still have the Bears on the schedule but they do not scare me even with cutler, I think we are a good matchup vs them this season. I know this team is very talented and also very fickle I think they could win out but I also think they could loose out as well so who knows. Just a little early morning convo to get everyone thinking.

Not a chance in Hell. Hoping for 10 wins, only see 8 or 9 as likely. I hope you're right

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AR is out for the season after last nights game, does anyone believe we could run the table the rest of the season if we beat the Saints on Sunday? I know we still have the Bears on the schedule but they do not scare me even with cutler, I think we are a good matchup vs them this season. I know this team is very talented and also very fickle I think they could win out but I also think they could loose out as well so who knows. Just a little early morning convo to get everyone thinking.

Run the table? Maybe, but not in the way you meant....