• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woke up this morning looked at the schedule and....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AR is out for the season after last nights game, does anyone believe we could run the table the rest of the season if we beat the Saints on Sunday? I know we still have the Bears on the schedule but they do not scare me even with cutler, I think we are a good matchup vs them this season. I know this team is very talented and also very fickle I think they could win out but I also think they could loose out as well so who knows. Just a little early morning convo to get everyone thinking.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see it this defense is to weak. Ponder looked like a competent qb against this D. Besides I don't see us sweeping both the Giants and the Skins. One of those 2 two will likely split with us. Probably the Giants.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was offered to me right now 4 wins the rest of the regualr season - take it or leave it and see how things play out- Im taking it. In other words, I dont see this team going undefeated, Im hoping for the first real winning streak to start in the playoffs. We are just way to inconsistant on offense, and too consistant on defense.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't tell you how this season will play out. We are halfway through the season and I still don't know what the identity of this team is. Some weeks the offense looks great, others not so much. Sometimes the defense looks serviceable, others like they can't stop someone even with a double team draped on em. I'm not penciling in any wins or losses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with each of you, btw looks like AR will be healthy against us but will miss games against the eagles and giants which could be wins for those teams. Looking more and more like the NFC east title will come down to week 17. A better question might be is if this continues to play the way it has would you rather win division and make playoffs to probably be out after first round, or would you rather a better draft pick maybe Marcus Mariota (sp)?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a knock on AROD, it would be that he holds the ball too long and takes sacks. I still think the Pack rally around whoever there backup is whether it be Wallace or Flynn and win at least 1 of the games vs our divisional foes.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with each of you, btw looks like AR will be healthy against us but will miss games against the eagles and giants which could be wins for those teams. Looking more and more like the NFC east title will come down to week 17. A better question might be is if this continues to play the way it has would you rather win division and make playoffs to probably be out after first round, or would you rather a better draft pick maybe Marcus Mariota (sp)?

If we got Mariota, I would think he should play right away. Thats the norm right now. With that being said, I dont see that happening unless Romo is traded. Drafting QBs though is really scary especially one that plays in that style offense. It would certainly make my son happy and turn him into a for sure Cowboy fan. He is 11, and sort of looking around for another team in the NFL, ha. He was a huge Barber fan at 7 and then he went to being a Miles Austin fan. We see how thats turning out. He does watch Oregon every week though. He has a Mariota jersey already as well as the running back thats so fast.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this team wins 8 straight, defense is just flat out horrible. Ware coming back will help but not going to fix it. Since the Denver game, the offense hasn't look good at all. I can see us winning 2 of the next three, because everyone knows Romo is a beast in November. Then I can see them losing 3 of 4 in December. I think 8-8 or 9-7 will be more like it, that's if everyone stays healthy.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the schedule, worrying about a 2-5 finish.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the schedule, worrying about a 2-5 finish.

I could see that as well, but with this team it can also be 5-2. With the AROD injury Im starting to see those Giants again. They should beat Oakland this weekend. I had GB ending their season the following week , but now they could possibly be on a 4 game streak playing vs us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota is a lot better passer than most give him credit for. I also believe he would be perfect to develop behind Romo for 3 years before taking the field. However only way we get Marcus is with a top 15 and more probably top 10 pick in the draft which probably won't happen. I see him as a more polished version of Kap in SF. He is only 19 the sky is the limit for him. What I don't want to happen is for Chip to get his hands on him, it would be trouble for our division for the next 10 plus years with Marcus and Shady together.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota is a lot better passer than most give him credit for. I also believe he would be perfect to develop behind Romo for 3 years before taking the field. However only way we get Marcus is with a top 15 and more probably top 10 pick in the draft which probably won't happen. I see him as a more polished version of Kap in SF. He is only 19 the sky is the limit for him. What I don't want to happen is for Chip to get his hands on him, it would be trouble for our division for the next 10 plus years with Marcus and Shady together.

Two big games Thursday night. Its amazing ESPN has had such also ran games on all year on Thursday night. This one will be interesting.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really know how they pick QBs. I mean sure it was easy to see that Peyton Manning was going to be a star. I think the same holds true with Luck. I actually thought Brady Quinn was in that kind of mold and we see where he is.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see it this defense is to weak. Ponder looked like a competent qb against this D. Besides I don't see us sweeping both the Giants and the Skins. One of those 2 two will likely split with us. Probably the Giants.

I admit, Ponder did look good at times, but you can't say that's a competent performance when he held the ball too long when the Cowboys recovered the fumble TD and he threw a horrible interception. Not to mention that horrible hail mary at the end of the game. Facing Wallace would be a lot easier than facing Rodgers. But let's be real here, Rodgers will make it back just in time for that game because we never get breaks like Washington and get to face back up quarterbacks for free wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to answer the OP's question, fuck no. I need to see Dallas three games above .500 before I can even think about saying they can run the table. Hell, when was the last time the Cowboys were three games over .500? Like 2009? The Cowboys are an 8-8 team until proven otherwise.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to answer the OP's question, fuck no. I need to see Dallas three games above .500 before I can even think about saying they can run the table. Hell, when was the last time the Cowboys were three games over .500? Like 2009? The Cowboys are an 8-8 team until proven otherwise.

Hell I can't even remember them winning three in a row, has it been that long or has my memory failed me in my old age lol.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this team wins 8 straight, defense is just flat out horrible. Ware coming back will help but not going to fix it. Since the Denver game, the offense hasn't look good at all. I can see us winning 2 of the next three, because everyone knows Romo is a beast in November. Then I can see them losing 3 of 4 in December. I think 8-8 or 9-7 will be more like it, that's if everyone stays healthy.

:agree::agree:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I can't even remember them winning three in a row, has it been that long or has my memory failed me in my old age lol.

They started off 3-0 in December last year, but they virtually had to in order to have a chance at the division.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started off 3-0 in December last year, but they virtually had to in order to have a chance at the division.

It happens so rarely I forgot lol, maybe this 43 year old mind of mine is slipping.:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this team wins 8 straight.

This is about the only thing I've read on this board that I can unequivocally say is 100%, without a doubt true. But, that is partly due to the fact that we only have 7 games left...